chapter 167: Check the Wound (1)

“Excuse his manners. He has changed a lot since he came back from outside. Hope you can forgive him.” The queen apologized.

“His highness is being himself. I don’t think he did anything wrong.”

“The prince is being ridiculous lately.” The Emperor seemed that he was scolding the prince but didn’t sound like it. The imperial concubine sneered in mind and took a seat after the imperial couple.

Wu Weixue clenched her fists in the sleeves, looking down to hide the fury under her eyelids.

She wouldn’t have refused Hei Xuanyi if he didn’t wear that fake skin. Perhaps they would have lived a happy life right now.

That cheap man didn’t deserve Hei Xuanyi at all. With his family background or cultivation power, he was nothing compared to her.

Thinking of this, Wu Weixue got much angrier.

Hei Xuanyi should belong to her. No others could have him.

Zhitao came over and whispered, “will you dance later as we planned?”

Wu Weixun shot a cold stare, “he is gone. Why would I bother to dance?”

Her plan was to astonish Hei Xuanyi with her amazing performance on the banquet. But now her plan was spoiled.

As the banquet started, everyone put all the unpleasant things behind and congratulated Wu Chenzi.

While it pasted half of the banquet, a guard reported that someone died in the lake. The investigator said that the man got too drunk to fell into the lake by accident and drown himself.

Wu Weixue didn’t think so because the man was the one who threw a stone at Wu Ruo.

While the banquet was bummed, Wu Ruo was sitting in the mansion that the crown prince bought outside the palace and having a nice taste of the tribute tea that was only available among royal families.

“Are you really Wu Ruo?” Ling Mohan finally asked after he stared at Wu Ruo for a long time.

“Do I not look like him?” Wu Ruo said, “do I need to tell you where I saved you and what deal we had to send you back the palace?”

“You’ve changed a lot.” Ling Mohan squinted.

Putting the tea cup back on the table, Wu Ruo said, “I was fat because I was poisoned. Now that I am clear, I lost a lot of weight.”

Ling Mohan swept his haut dress and sat down, “do you still doubt that I am not a prince?”

“I have known that you are the crown prince the moment I saved you.” Wu Ruo chuckled.

Ling Mohan became vigilant.

“You don’t have to guard against me. If I would hurt you the whole time, do you think you can live to the day to have a talk with me right now?” Wu Ruo said.

“Since you already knew who I am back then, why didn’t you send your guards to protect me?”

“If I told you that I believed you, you wouldn’t trust me at all. But if I showed that I didn’t believe you, you would feel safe. Besides, even if I sent guards to protect you, they wouldn’t guarantee to send the wounded you back to the palace.” Wu Ruo continued, “but it’s not the case that you blended in Wu Yanlan’s team. Because the one coming after you is sent by the State Master. They would never doubt anyone in the escort team of the State Master’s great grandson. And it turned out that you got back to the palace successfully without being questioned at all. Didn’t you?”

“…” Ling Mohan.

“Your highness, do you want to work with me again?” Wu Ruo asked.

Ling Mohan sneered, “You are nobody here in the city and you have no spiritual power at all. What benefits can I get from working with you? Even if we were in Gaoling town, you are not a capable partner to work with.”

Wu Ruo was not offended at all. Instead he said with a smile, “you are right. I am not a capable figure. Since you are a capable prince, why can’t you deter the State Master a bit?”

“You…” He got right to Ling Mohan’s pain.

“You’ll have 15 minutes to think about it. Longer than that, if you still want to work with me, I will refuse.” Wu Ruo picked up the tea and drunk it.

“…” Ling Mohan.

He had never been treated like this. None of his partners had been this rude before. He was mad but his anger was eased with a look at that super gorgeous face.

“I have a question. Did you fall before me on purpose?”

Wu Ruo told him the truth, “someone in Wu family tries to kill me but they didn’t want to get their hands dirty. So they used you to kill me. I, therefore, took the chance to fall before you as they thrusted me toward you. That’s why we have a chance to sit here and have a chitchat.”

If he didn’t let them do it, he wouldn’t have been shoved down on ground so easily.

Ling Mohan said, raising one eyebrow, “Who is killing you? But you just moved from Gaoling city. Why would they kill someone who had no threats to them?”

“Wu Weixue is coming after me. Because, a, I am better looking than her; and b, she is into my husband.”

Thinking of the man he saw back in Wu family, the man who was so charming that no girls could resist with, Ling Mohan said, “but back in Gaoling town, your husband was…you know…”