chapter 175: The story of last life (5)

Hei Xuanyi gazed into Wu Ruo’s eyes with a tinge of affection and said nothing.

Wu Ruo was too overwhelmed with the gaze to look back into Hei Xuanyi’s. Finally, he went back to focus on cleaning the urn to hide the fact that he was being shy.

Hei Yin couldn’t help but had to explain, “because you are his wife. And he loves you. Of course, he treats you so well. What you don’t know is that his lordship also asked us to kill Ba Se’s entire family to avenge your sister when we went there to get the urn back.”

Wu Ruo froze there. Hei Xuanyi loves him?

But why didn’t he feel a thing at all? Hei Xuanyi put on that serious face as even and he didn’t talk much. He didn’t know what was on his mind.

Given the bad history between them, how could Hei Xuanyi love him?

Wu Ruo peeked Hei Xuanyi with the corner of his eyes. Hei Xuanyi was still looking at him, not denying what Hei Yin said. Wu Ruo squeezed the cloth tightly.

Hei Yin disappeared, leaving them alone.

Wu Ruo put down the cleaned urn aside and asked, “is it true?”

“Yes.” Hei Xuanyi sat Wu Ruo on his laps.

Wu Ruo was glad to hear it. He nestled into Hei Xuanyi’s arms and leaned his head on Hei Xuanyi’s shoulders, putting his arms around Hei Xuanyi’s waist.

What about him?

Does he like Hei Xuanyi?

He couldn’t come up with an answer. But he knew that this man was all he had after his parents died.

It was one month later when a visitor came that he started to realize how he felt about Hei Xuanyi.

That day when Wu Ruo walked out of the backyard and saw a handsome man throwing himself at Hei Xuanyi, he was so jealous and mad that he wished he could tear the man apart.

Hei Xuanyi sensed something strange and jerked his head to look at him. He was mortified because Wu Ruo’s eyes turned red. He pushed the handsome man away and quickly trotted toward Wu Ruo and held his hand to stop him, “Ruo.”

Wu Ruo came to senses at his voice. He was confused, “what’s wrong with me?”

The handsome man approached and said, “you are this close to become a ghost.”

Wu Ruo shot a hard stare at him. If it were not for him, how could he lose his mind?

“Bro, my sister-in-law seems not to like me.” The handsome man leaned onto Hei Xuanyi again, “I feel sad.”

“Stop it.” Hei Xuanyi shoved him away.

“He is your younger brother?” Wu Ruo asked.

“Yes.”

The handsome man introduced himself, “the name is Hei Xuantang, I am the fourth child.”

Wu Ruo was relieved. Great! He is a family.

Hei Xuanyi asked seriously, “what was with you just now?”

“I…” Wu Ruo lowered his head and was too embarrassed to tell.

“He must be jealous.” Hei Xuantang grinned.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

“If you’ll excuse me, I am going back to my room.” Wu Ruo ran away quickly.

It was so humiliating. he didn’t lose his mind even when he killed someone. But just now he almost turned into a ghost because he was too jealous.

Did-did he fall in love with Hei Xuanyi?

After Wu Ruo ran back to the bedroom, he hid himself under the blanket.

When Hei Xuanyi walked into the room, what he saw was that Wu Ruo was rolling around with the blanket like a child.

Wu Ruo stopped rolling as he heard the sound of footsteps. He poked his head out of the blanket to check whom and then tucked in again when he saw Hei Xuanyi.

“I am leaving.” Hei Xuanyi said.

“Don’t.” Wu Ruo got out of the bed and grabbed Hei Xuanyi.

Hei Xuanyi sat down and hold Wu Ruo in his arms, “don’t you ever do that again.”

Wu Ruo promised and added, “and you have to tell me everything in the future. Don’t hide anything from me. Otherwise, I will be mistaken like what we had been through in the past years. If you could have talked to me more often, Ruan Zhizheng wouldn’t have had a chance to drive a wedge between us. And you can’t walk away when you are mad. You have to tell me that you are mad at me and give me a chance to explain. Every time you walked away, I thought you didn’t care about me at all. That is why we were drifted apart. If you do care about me, just say it. Although you are sweet to care about me without letting me know, I would think that you don’t care about me at all.”

It was a conclusion of their marriage life for over a decade and the intimate days they had recently. As he reckoned, the reason why they had been very distant from each other all these years was because Hei Xuanyi didn’t talk much.

“And, and, you need to talk a lot more to me in the future.”

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

After such a long speech, Wu Ruo’s point was that he didn’t talk much.

“I will.”

Wu Ruo hugged him happily and leaned on his shoulder, “if we had had such a nice face-to-face conversation before, we wouldn’t have wasted more than ten years on misunderstanding each other.”

The worse thing was that he was a ghost, a new ghost who could do nothing when they finally told their true feelings to each other.