chapter 189: Wu Yanli (1)

Early in the next morning Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi had breakfast and left with a bunch of gifts. Wu Xi didn't come with them because she had to study from Wu Chenliu.

When they arrived at Wu family, Wu Qianqing frowned at the vermilion gate, "hopefully there won't be bad things again."

Every time he came here, he felt depressed, which made him uncomfortable.

Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi exchanged an eye contact but didn't say a word.

The housekeeper invited them in with a big smile since he was informed that they were State Master's guests. Since Wu Chenzi invited them for super, Wu Ruo chose to see his great great grandfather first.

Wu Ruo's great great grandfather was from the direct line of Wu family, but was located in a remote yard due to his mediocre cultivation performance. Therefore, he didn't have many guests or servants coming and going, which happened to be a great chance for him and his wife who were already over 200 years old to enjoy a quality quiet time alone.

Since their cultivation level was not super high, it was not easy for them to live up to 200 years old. That was why their appearance was pretty old. Their gray hair, face full of wrinkles and age pigments, weak hearing and impaired vision, and also shaky walks were all signs that they were about to live to the end of their lives.

In Wu Ruo's last life, neither of the couple had lived through the next spring.

Since they couldn't hear them because of the hearing problem, Wu Ruo and the family left after spending some time with them over lunch, and then went to visit Wu Xuanran who was with the rest Wu family from Gaoling town.

Before they went into the yard, someone shouted out loud, "bad doctors! All of you, bad doctors! How is it possible to cure us with such ordinary medicine?"

The doctors who helped them had already had enough of them. One doctor kicked a chair away, "Am I the doctor or you are? I am the one to decide which medicine you take. If you want to fire me, please do. Go hire someone else. Other doctors will possibly heal you."

"We have his majesty's decree. If you leave, you will be beheaded."

"The decree ordered the State Master to cure you with the best medicine possible, not me! The State Master is the one you need to talk to. I am getting out of here."

Then a gray-bearded old man left furiously, carrying a medical kit in hand.

"Doctor Yang. Doctor, please forgive them for their bad choice of words while they are over concerned about their disease." Wu Bufang caught up with the doctor.

But the doctor ignored Wu Bufang and left anyway.

Wu Bufang now saw Wu Ruo and put on an awkward smile.

Wu Ruo and Wu Qianqing exchanged an eye contact and walked in.

The other Wu family from Gaoling town were waiting for doctor's treatment in the yard and when they saw Wu Ruo and the other three walking in nicely-dressed and dazzlingly, they went quiet.

Wu Qiantong couldn't control himself and said, "are you coming here to mock us?"

"Yes." Wu Ruo answered.

"You..."

Wu Qianbin touched Wu Qiantong's arm to stop him from having a fight against Wu Ruo. Thanks to the imperial decree that Wu Ruo requested for them, they got a chance to see a doctor. Without that decree, there was no way that Wu Chenzi would take them in and allow them to stay.

Wu Ruo was happy to see that the Wu family got so angry but couldn't do anything about it, "father, now that we see them, let's go."

Wu Qianqing had a look at his parents and left.

Wu Xuanran and Mu Xiuwan had an urge to stop Wu Qianqing leaving but didn't. What was the use to stop them? They couldn't leave Wu family. If they did, no one would afford their medical treatment.

After Wu Ruo left, Wu Qiantong yelled "Bah"! He also wanted to say something mean, but finally decided to take his anger out on Wu Xuanran, "Hey, your good son is leaving. Why don't you go with him and ask him to hire the best doctor for you?"

He successfully irritated Wu Xuanran, "you unfilial son!"

"I just can't be filial to someone who broke my leg."

Wu Xuanran was guilty of breaking his leg and thus stopped fighting against him.

"We don't have a doctor now. What should we do?" Someone said.

"Go talk to the State Master and tell him to get another doctor for us."

Soon they argued louder and louder.

Wu Qianqing, who still could hear their fight from a distance, sighed, "Ruo, you and Xuanyi go to see the State Master. Your mother and I are not going. We will go back to Hei Mansion after we say goodbye to great grandfather."

"Ok."

After Wu Ruo said goodbye to Wu Qianqing, the servant led them to meet Wu Chenzi.

As soon as they arrived at a big yard, Zhitao, Wu Weixue's maid, approached and saluted to them, "the State Master won't come home until afternoon. As my lady arranged, please come with me and have a cup of tea here."

"Thank you." Wu Ruo smiled slightly.

Zhitao lowered her head and thought, his smile was even more beautiful than my lady.