chapter 113: Poor Ma'am (1)

“You are the one who beat my son. Do you think you are right about it?” Ruan Lanru was so outraged at the thought she hadn’t done anything to get even for her little son by now.

“You…” Wu Xi was so angry.

She didn’t expect her aunt could be so unbelievably shameless. Her son started everything and now she acted like he did a right thing.

Wu Qianqing stepped before Wu Xi and covered Ruan Lanru’s stare at her, “If you want to reason, then let’s start from the beginning. We all know that it all started from Wu Yu hiring Yu Tianbao and others to bully Wu Ruo first. Then he played as a good guy to help my son so that he could borrow materials from me to return the favor. Such behavior is beneath contempt. I have to say Wu Zhu did a right thing to beat Wu Yu. If you want to vent the anger for your son, fine…” He paused and put on a serious face, “but on one condition. To pay whatever Wu Yu did to my son. He hired Yu Tianbao and others to bully Wu Ruo for 193 times from the beginning. Then we will do the same amount of bullies to him too. He hasn’t returned tons of materials he used to borrow from me. Please return them all right away. When we settle down everything, let’s talk about Wu Yu beating my son in return. What do you say? Happy?”

“…” Ruan Lanru’s eyes were wide open.

Did Wu Yu hire Yu Tianbao and others so many times?

Wu Ruo showed a smiling under his eyes, as he saw that cats got Ruan Lanru’s tongue.

It was obvious that his father made up a number of how many times Yu Tianbao bullied him.

“If you can’t do that, you’d better not mention that my son beat your son. Otherwise, we can go find the chief for a fair settlement.” Wu Qianqing stepped forward.

“…” Ruan Lanru’s face turned red.

If the number 193 was right, her son would be severely injured after being beaten for so many times. Besides, she had to return those materials. In the end, she got to beat Wu Zhu once for such a great loss.

Mu Xiuwan frowned and said as her second daughter-in-law was so angry, “That’s enough. We gathered here today to discuss about how to repair the houses, not about kids’ fight. You can talk about it later privately. You can go now if you don’t have anything else to say.”

Mu Xiuwan was obviously helping Ruan Lanru. Wu Qianqing also got it and he shot a hard stare at his mother, a stare that made Mu Xiuwan’s heart sink and feel guilty.

After they walked out of Xuanyuan Yard, Wu Xi couldn’t wait to ask, “Father, are you really going to pay for the renovation?”

Guan Tong was also expecting his answer worriedly. Not that they had no money, but those people might get more used to taking advantage of them if they kept being so easy-going.

Now looking back, they used to be really too simple and naïve.

They used to consider anyone who ever offered a little help as good family. Now thinking it back, they were just hypocrites who pretended to be nice men but plotted to get more from them.

“I do feel guilty for not helping them in the fight against North Courtyard. I can’t deny it. Therefore, I have to pay for repairing the houses. But…” Wu Qianqing sneered, “I am the one to decide how to repair it.” If it were in the past, he would probably pay a large sum of money to renovate all the houses. But things were different now.

He was not so stupid now.

“How are you going to repair it?” Guan Tong and Wu Xi wondered.

Wu Qianqing didn’t tell them. After going back to Shuqing Yard, he immediately sent people to hire carpenters.

Wu Ruo didn’t know Wu Qianqing’s plan either. But when he left Shuqing Yard, he saw a carpenter fixing the wall slowly with a bucket of low-quality mud. He walked forward and asked the carpenter around and found out that his father only hired one carpenter to fix the wall. And the carpenter only got half a tael of silver of monthly pay. The mud was taken from the river, which cost not a copper coin.

Wu Ruo smiled.

The reason why he didn’t say anything back in Xuanyuan Yard was because he wanted to know his father’s thought. But now looking at it, his father had completely changed. He was not a kind man who could be easily taken advantage of. Wu Ruo was happy about his change.

Those from other courtyards secretly scouted how the carpenter fixed the houses once they heard the news. And when they only saw one single carpenter who was fixing the wall with mud carried back from the river, they were so pissed off.

It never occurred to them that the easy-going Wu Qianqing would do such a nasty thing to them.

When Wu Ruo left the South Courtyard, he secretly changed the position of the formations that protected South Courtyard. And it immediately became invalid.

Soon the South Courtyard was alarmed that there was something wrong with the formation and everyone panicked. They hurriedly sent people to check it out.

Wu Ruo smiled as he watched them get busy with finding the loophole. Since they had the time to pick on his family, then he’d better make them have no time at all.

When he walked out of the gate, the formation had been fixed already.

But the bugs outside the gate had already crawled over the wall.

After he left, two men showed up at the alley on the other side of the street.

“Ba Se, you have feelings for Wu Ruo, do you?” Wu Anshu frowned.