chapter 112: Yes, It's True (2)

Observing Wu Ruo for quite a while, Mu Xiuwan’s mood suddenly turned bad as she found that Wu Ruo resembled Guan Tong a lot, “Indeed you look much better now. But it’s no use no matter how beautiful you. I’d rather you to be fatter rather than having no spiritual power at all.”

The others all sneered, covering their mouths.

Wu Ruo just ignored them.

Wu Xi and Guan Tong didn’t say anything back respecting her as an elder.

“Mother, we can leave if we are not welcomed here.” Wu Qianqing said heavily, face sunk.

Not only his father didn’t like him and his family, neither did his mother. He even suspected if he was their own child.

“Do you have a problem with me speaking the truth” Mu Xiuwan became more upset.

Liao Liuyan, wife of Wu Ruo’s third uncle, tried to mediate before things got worse, “Mother, it’s late. We should get down to business.”

On hearing that, the others quickly put away their mocking face.

Mu Xiuwan snorted and said, “Today I gather you here to talk about repairing the South Courtyard. As you know, the yards are severely damaged after the fight against the North Courtyard. We suffered a lot. Some even died. And our yards are damaged. We even have no decent place to entertain guests. If people out there know it, they would laugh at us. So I suggest we should remodel the houses.”

“But we don’t have enough money to repair the houses since we used a large amount to rebuild the theater.” Said Dong Mingji, wife of Wu Ruo’s youngest uncle.

“What I am saying is that you all should pay for repairing the houses.”

Everyone was embarrassed.

Wu Ruo’s lips went upward ironically because he knew this would happen.

“Mother, we have been spending money on making weapons and paying salaries over the past year. And we spent a fortune to buy precious medicinal materials before to get better from the wound we got. And we haven’t made money in a while. Besides, we are still spending money every single day. We don’t have money for this.” Said Ruan Lanru, Wu Ruo’s second uncle’s wife.

“Same here.” Said Sang Dongyi, wife of Wu Ruo’s eldest uncle.

She sounded weak, which attracted Wu Ruo’s attention. Her face looked terrible and she even had grey hair.

Liao Liuyan and Dong Mingji also said their situation was the same.

Guan Tong soon learned the situation and also said that she didn’t have money either.

But everyone else looked at her.

“Don’t get me wrong. But you seem to be the richest among us. You even have materials to make magic weapons. So you don’t need to buy them. And you don’t have many servants to pay salary for. Besides, where were you when we had the fight against the North Courtyard? Does anyone of you get hurt? I suppose no one.” Dong Mingji said.

“Over 10 of our guards died. How could you say no one is hurt?” Wu Xi argued.

“Xi, I mean your parents, you and your brother. None of you is injured. And none of you need to pay a fortune to buy valuable medicine.”

“My parents have no spiritual power. How were they supposed to fight?”

“You have spiritual power, don’t you? Why didn’t you help? Wu Yun and Wu Bai are even younger than you. They even stood with us against the North Courtyard.”

“It’s true.” The others all nodded.

“…” Wu Xi.

It was a fact that she couldn’t argue.

Ruan Lanru said to Wu Qianqing, “We understand that you and your wife didn’t do much help with the fight because that you don’t have spiritual power. And you are worried about your daughter so that you didn’t send her to help us. But after the fight, isn’t it your turn to help us?”

“We sent you a large amount of precious medicine for you after the fight.” Guan Tong said.

“That we admit you helped indeed. But compared with what we went through, it was nothing to mention. And we spend a lot of money to buy medicine later.”

“It takes a fortune to repair the houses. How can I afford it? And I have to save for my future life. Since my wife and I have no spiritual power, we can’t make more money. So we have to take our future into account.” Wu Qianqing said heavily.

“We are not refurbishing the entire South Courtyard, or asking you to buy nice materials for decoration. All we need is to repair those are damaged so that we can have a decent place to entertain our guests.” Dong Mingji said.

Giving it a thought, Wu Qianqing nodded, “fine. I will pay to fix the places that are damaged.”

Wu Ruo didn’t say a word, looking at Wu Qianqing.

The others chortled as their scheme worked.

“Father.” Wu Xi couldn’t believe that her father agreed so easily. It would cost a large amount of money to repair those places that were damaged only.

“Xi, as we speak, you are not supposed to interrupt. If you want to say something, let’s talk about what happened the day Wu Zhu hurt my son. I am told that you kicked my son too. How do you explain that?” Ruan Lanru said heavily.

“It’s your son’s fault.” Wu Xi argued, glaring at her.