chapter 23: They Deserve It

Ruan Zhizheng limped out of Shuli Yard, putting one arm around his waist. Obviously, he had been beaten up a lot. Behind him were Ruan Ying and Ruan Ying who were carried by guards from Shuli Yard.

“Are you all right, sir?” Ruan Sheng and Ruan Ying rushed to help Ruan Zhizheng.

Ruan Zhizheng bit his pale lips tightly. Under the half-closed eyelids was great anger and humiliation in his eyes. He had never been so humiliated as today since he was born.

“Carry them out on your own.” The guards from Shuli Yard tossed Ruan Ying and Ruan Yong on the snow.

Ruan Sheng screamed at the two men covered with blood, “Ruan Ying. Ruan Yong.”

He went up and checked that they were seriously injured. He took out a bottle of medicine.

One guard from Shuli Yard slapped the bottle off on the ground and said, “master warned that no one is allowed to feed them any kinds of medicine.”

“But they will die if they don’t take any medicine.” Ruan Sheng was worried and also outraged.

“It’s their fate if they die. If they survive, my master won’t punish them anymore.”

“You…You…” As Ruan Sheng knew it very well that Ruan family was less powerful than Wu family, he turned to Wu Ruo, “Mr. Ruo, please save them.”

A trace of brutality flashed before Wu Ruo’s eyes but vanished before anyone saw it, “Shijiu, Shiyou, feed them medicine.”

“Yes.” Shijiu picked the bottle on the floor.

The guard from Shuli Yard stopped seriously, “Mr. Ruo, this is our business. Are you really going to meddle?”

Wu Ruo said, “they are human beings. How can I watch them to die? Besides, I have known them for so many years.”

The guard from Shuli Yard asked him, “you have known the servants from Shuqing family for more years. If they made mistakes, would you not punish them just for sake of old times? In such case, is it necessary to follow rules?”

“But I can’t watch them to die.”

Shijiu and Shiyou squatted down beside Ruan Yong and Ruan Ying.

The guard from Shuili Yard shouted, “do not feed them!”

Ruan Sheng and Ruan Ying exchanged an eye contact. They rushed to stand in front of the guards from Shuli Yuan to stop them.

“Do not feed them! I repeat!” The guard from Shuli Yuan roared, “Mr. Ruo, if you insist, I will have to go get our master.”

Shijiu stood up and said, “my lady, the servant is dead.”

Shiyou followed, “this one is dead too.”

Ruan Sheng and Ruan Ying were shocked, “what? Dead?”

They kept down to feel their breath and found that Ruan Ying and Ruan Yong were not breathing at all. They froze there in shock.

Dead.

They had been brothers for over a decade and they died just like that.

“They deserve it.” The guard from Shuli Yuan sneered.

“Take them away.” Ruan Zhizheng roared with a hoarse voice, clenching his fists. Then he left for the side door, dragging his injured body.

Wu Ruo ordered Shijiu to help them carry the bodies and shouted at Ruan Zhizheng, “Zhizheng, wait up.”

Ruan Zhizheng walked very fast as though he didn’t hear anything.

When Wu Ruo made it to the side door, Ruan Zhizheng had already left with the bodies.

Shijiu asked, “do we need to go after them?”

“Of course, yes.” Wu Ruo tried his best to play along. Even though he ran after them, Ruan Zhizheng wouldn’t see him anymore.

Eventually, when they arrived at Ruan’s house, Ruan Zhizheng refused to see him.

Wu Ruo went back to Shuli Yard.

Shiyi reported to Wu Ruo what happened last night, “after Ruan Ying and Ruan Yong were caught, they were whipped all night. Mr. Ruan later was taken to Shuli Yard and his pants were taken off in public and beaten up for 30 times.”

Wu Ruo sneered. Since Ruan Zhizheng was humiliated like this, he might not be able to show up in front of him in a long time.

He asked Shijiu and Shiyou, “tell me the truth. How did Ruan Ying and Ruan Yong die?”

Shijiu answered, “while I was feeding him medicine, I took the chance to press his lifeline and killed him right away.”

Shiyou answered, “so did I.”

“Very good.”

Wu Ruo smiled in satisfactory. The corpse servants were really cleaver. They could understand every single command and assignment he made.

Now that Ruan Zhizheng lost two close servants, he must be very outraged deep inside. Therefore, he must be more resentful to Ruan Lanru. However, today was just a beginning.