chapter 151: The Mask Is Peeled Off (1)

Wu Qianqing came to discuss Wu Zhu’s issue with Wu Ruo after breakfast.

Wu Ruo shared the news he had heard of to prevent his father looking for his brother on the street of imperial capital, which probably would cause troubles.

As Wu Qianqing learned that the Wu family got involved, he knew it would be more difficult than he thought. But the only thing he could do was to wait until Hei Xuanyi got some news back.

“Don’t worry. I will find him.” Wu Ruo promised.

He wouldn’t make the tragedy relapse in this life. “Cheer up. Or mom and Xi will know that brother is missing.”

Wu Qianqing nodded, “I promised your mother and Xi yesterday that I would go for a walk out on the street. Will you join us?”

“Good. I happen to have something to buy.” Wu Ruo invited Hei Xuanyi along. One hour later, except for Jixi, everyone else went out on the hustling street. Wu Qianqing, Guan Tong and Wu Xi went to buy clothes and makeups while Hei Xuantang, Hei Gan and Hei Xin brought Eggie with them to buy food and toy wares.

Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi went to antique shops. But as soon as they entered the shop, they had a quick browse and left.

Hei Xuanyi was silent all the way by Wu Ruo’s side. But according to his observation, Wu Ruo was looking for a specific thing.

Wu Ruo got upset since he hadn’t found the thing after they went to a few shops. He searched his memory which said that thing should be somewhere.

At the moment he was going to give up, Hei Xuanyi asked, pointing a small shop around the corner, “there is one shop over there. Do you want to go there?”

“What does it sell?” Wu Ruo asked.

“Antiques. But a smaller shop.”

Wu Ruo decided to give it a shot. With only one look, he spotted the thing he was looking for. It was a square water-blue jade pendant with a Chinese character “Lan”, rendering Blue, on it. It was inlaid with silver as a frame and strapped with a water-blue tassel. It could be seen anywhere else but very eye-catching.

Trying not to show his joy, Wu Ruo acted fastidiously towards the other items in the shop and finally asked about the blue jade pendant, “how much is it?”

The shopkeeper put on a bright smile at these two luxuriously-dressed men, “you have a great taste, sir. It is made of high-quality water-blue jade, which is very rare in the world…”

Wu Ruo interrupted him directly, “just tell me how much.”

The shopkeeper gave him a hesitating five-finger, “fifty thousand taels of silver.”

“Fifty thousand? Are you fooling me?” Wu Ruo said angrily, pointing at a crack at the corner of the pendant, “look. There is a crack here. It’s not an intact piece of jade. It’s not worth fifty thousand at all. Blue is my favorite color, otherwise I wouldn’t bother to ask the price at all. Five thousand is my best offer. It’s up to you if you sell it or not. Xuanyi, let’s go.”

“Sir. Sir.” The shopkeeper tried to stop him, “wait a minute. We can talk about it.”

Wu Ruo didn’t stop.

As they were going out of the door, the shopkeeper added anxiously, “fine! You got the deal. Five thousand it is.”

The fact was that he had many customers who once had a look at the jade. Some said no to it because of the crack while others offered a much lower price than Wu Ruo’s. That was why it had not been sold yet.

Wu Ruo sent a message to Hei Xuanyi.

Hei Xuanyi got the message and went back to shop to pay for the jade.

Right at the moment, a gorgeous carriage passed by. The man who was enjoying the street view through the window happened to see Wu Ruo at the doorway.

Wu Ruo happened to see him too. It was Wu Yanlan, the youngest great grandson of Wu Chenzi.

Wu Yanlan was astonished by the good-looking man. He turned around and said to someone, “aunt, aunt. I just saw a girl who is more beautiful than you. Oh no. It seemed to be a man. Come on and have a look.”

His aunt was already the most beautiful woman in the world. But today he saw someone even more beautiful.

Wu Weixue’s face sunk at what she heard.

Zhitao, Wu Weixue’s maid, said, “you must be mistaken, sir. No one could be more beautiful than my lady.”

While Wu Yanlan’s eyes lingered on Wu Ruo, he didn’t notice the girls’ heavy facial expression, “I mean it. Come and look. Or you will miss it.”

As Wu Yanlan couldn’t keep his eyes off the man, Wu Weixue ordered, “stop the carriage!”

The carriage stopped immediately.

Zhitao was too mortified to look directly at her lady.

Wu Weixue sat next to Wu Yanlan and said, “let’s see who is bewitching to my cute nephew.”

Wu Ruo murmured, pointing at Wu Ruo who was standing by the shop, “As gorgeous as she is, out of the world, one and only, in the city and the world. I’d rather choose her over the city and the world.”

Wu Weixue looked over and saw a peerless look that she couldn’t compare with. The passers-by were attracted by him wholeheartedly as if he was the only one on the street.