chapter 156: An Invitation Letter (2)

Wu Ruo went to Cuckoo and Hornie’s room. At the door, he saw that Cuckoo was slapping Hornie with its wing as if it was giving Hornie a lesson.

Both of them stopped and looked at Wu Ruo.

“I need to talk to him.” Wu Ruo said, pointing at Hornie.

Being recovered from the burn, Hornie started to grow hair. When Wu Ruo said he needed to talk to him, its hair stood upright and looked at Wu Ruo vigilantly.

“Don’t worry. I am not here to kill you.” Wu Ruo kept a distance from it to give him a sense of safety, “I have something to discuss with you.” Hornie looked at him confusedly.

“I want to contract you and make you my contract animal. As long as you protect my family, you are free at any other time. You can go wherever you want. What do you think?” Wu Ruo put it out.

He hadn’t intent to contract him even after it was brought to him once again, because he had been trying his best to change his life by doing different decisions from last life. But after what had happened about Wu Weixue, he needed more helpers to protect his family. Therefore, he had to contract Tibai.

Tibai was Hornie’s real name. But Hornie was a good name. If his spiritual power was not strong enough to contract such a gigantic monster, he wouldn’t have such a conversation with Hornie.

Hornie, of course, was not willing to become a contract animal, meaning that it would be manipulated by a human. It turned its back to Wu Ruo. But Cuckoo slapped it right away.

“Cuckooo…Cuckooo…” Cuckoo was obvious shouting at Hornie but Wu Ruo couldn’t understand it.

“…” Hornie.

Wu Ruo tried not to laugh out loud. What a poor monster! It was so bullied by Cuckoo.

Anyway after Cuckoo’s talk, Hornie turned back and nodded to Wu Ruo like a good boy.

“Then I will start now.” Wu Ruo bit his finger and pressed the bit on the forehead of Hornie. A golden light flashed into Hornie’s body and ran through its body before it settled down, “from now on, follow my family when they go out.”

Hornie nodded.

Suddenly Wu Ruo couldn’t see anything while he stood up. Then he was held by someone.

He looked it up. It was Hei Xuanyi. Then he fell into his arms with peace of mind.

“With your power, you can’t contract senior monsters at all.” Hei Xuanyi said heavily.

Of course Wu Ruo knew that, but changed the subject, “why are you here?”

“To look for you.” Hei Xuanyi carried him to their bedroom and helped him take medicine.

After taking the medicine, Wu Ruo felt so much better, “is there anything you want to talk to me?”

“Wu family sent an invitation letter to invite us to attend Wu Chenzi’s birthday banquet since they heard that your parents, you and Xi are still alive.”

Hei Xuanyi gave Wu Ruo the golden invitation letter.

Wu Ruo scanned the letter and the banquet would be five days later, “whatever they are up to, it must be something bad.”

Because their family status was not qualified to be selected to attend Wu Chenzi’s birthday banquet.

What had happened the day before came cross Wu Ruo’s mind. It might be something about Wu Weixue. Perhaps she was plotting to ruin his face once again after yesterday’s failure.

Hei Xuanyi couldn’t anticipate why Wu family invited them over either, “it’s either because of your brother or what happened yesterday.”

“If it’s about my brother, we have to go.” Wu Ruo didn’t think the banquet would be safe to go. Therefore he opened the lid of the bottle Jixi gave him. Spiritual power came out right away. “It’s the prime elixir indeed.”

If it were in the past, he would save the elixir until his spiritual power was promoted up to seven or eight. But his spiritual power was only at one, his life could be taken away in any time.

“Who gave you that?” Hei Xuanyi asked.

“Jixi.” Wu Ruo explained as Hei Xuanyi frowned, “I know the medicine. It’s absolutely the real Prime Sprit Elixir. And there is no poison in it.”

Besides, he had had the same elixir in last life.

Hei Xuanyi didn’t stop him from taking it since Wu Ruo sounded pretty sure about it.

After taking the elixir, Wu Ruo felt the strong power running though his body. He sat down cross-legged to meditate, “I am going to promote.”

Hei Xuanyi sat next to him quietly to protect him.

It was easy to promote to the next level by breaking through the barrier between two sections of spiritual land with spiritual power. In that case, more spiritual power would be stored in a body. There wouldn’t be much danger if no one disturbed.

About one hour later, Wu Ruo opened his eyes and said excitedly, “I am now level three.”

He was so surprised that one single elixir could help him promote up by two levels at once. This was probably because his level was too low.

“Only three.” Hei Xuanyi frowned. It was not enough for Wu Ruo to protect himself at all. He wished he could have more Supreme Spirit Elixir. But he knew that it was very rare. Therefore, he decided that he would pay more attention to look for the elixir.

Putting away his smile, Wu Ruo shot a stare at Hei Xuanyi, “what are you at then?”

“Nine.” Hei Xuanyi said calmly.

“!!!” Wu Ruo was so shocked and then disappointed. How could he not know that his husband was strong all the time?