chapter 58: It's about to Hatch

Wu Zhu and Wu Xi came back from school and were so shocked and mad when they heard what the four uncles did to them. It never occurred to them that their own family who had been nice to them would have done such a disgraceful thing. But as juniors, there was nothing particular for them to do to get back at their uncles. They had to press down their anger and help Wu Ruo sort out those materials for refining magical weapons.

After dinner, Wu Ruo left Wu Mansion with 13 carriages of magical weapon-making materials under the envious eyes of everyone in the South Courtyard.

Shopkeeper Yu who had been left on the carriage was so starving that he took a big bite of the stuffed bun Shiyuan gave him. Finally after he finished eating, he said, “My…my lord, I did my part as you told me. Can you cancel our contract now?”

On hearing that, Wu Ruo slightly raised his head, looking at him with a fake smile, “Shopkeeper Yu, my contract is permanently valid. It can’t be cancelled.”

“What?!” Shopkeeper Yu was furious but couldn’t argue.

“As long as you are loyal to me, you won’t be hurt. You can do whatever you want as you usually do. I am fully aware that you don’t like the feeling of being enslaved to others. But right now, you should focus on how to patch up your lie.”

“What, what lie?” stammered Shopkeeper Yu, totally confused.

“You let Wu Shi and others know that a friend of yours needed the magic weapons to catch beasts. But my uncles won’t buy your lie so easily. They will look into it. And at that time, you…”

Wu Ruo paused here. Shopkeeper Yu swallowed some saliva because he could imagine how miserably he would end up with, “What should I do? My lord, I was doing all this for you. Please save me. You can’t watch me die.”

Wu Ruo gave him a signal to come closer.

Shopkeeper Yu then moved his ear to his side.

Wu Ruo whispered.

Shopkeeper Yu frowned harder as he heard more. Finally gritting his teeth, he agreed.

Wu Ruo curved up his lips and signaled Shiyuan to let shopkeeper Yu go.

Shopkeeper Yu disappeared right after he got out of the carriage as if he was being hunted by a ghost.

Wu Ruo was amused but soon lost in his thought.

The New Year was coming. His mother and father deserved a happy new year.

When he went back to Hei mansion, Hei Xuanyi and Numu were playing chess in the hall.

“Boy, your wife is back.” Numu laughed as he saw Wu Ruo.

Hei Xuanyi put down the chess piece in his hand and said to Wu Ruo who was walking in blandly, “you are back.”

Wu Ruo had a feeling that they were waiting for him, so he smiled, “have you had dinner yet?”

“Yes, we have.” Numu asked, “how is it going with your betrothal presents? Did you get them back?”

“All of them.” Wu Ruo stepped aside so that they could see the servants carrying boxes of presents into the yard.

“Then I ‘m gonna start refining magical weapons tomorrow.” Hei Xuanyi said faintly.

“OK.” Wu Ruo nodded.

They waited this long to make magical weapons only because they were worried that Wu Qianjing would check every item according to the list.

“It’s about to hatch.” Hei Xuanyi said.

Wu Ruo was dumbfouned.

What’s about to hatch out of its shell?

“Hatch? What’s about to hatch?” Numu asked curiously.

After quite a while did Wu Ruo figure out what Hei Xuanyi was referring to. He was so surprised, “are you saying that the white egg I gave you is about to hatch?”