chapter 98: Why Are You Getting so Much Younger? (2)

“Sure.” Wu Xi dragged Wu Ruo toward the gate, holding his arm. When she realized that people were still watching Wu Ruo in shock, she couldn’t help but sniggering proudly, “Look at them. They are all drooling on you. Hee hee.”

In the past while Wu Ruo was still a fattie, they all made fun of her and Wu Zhu on this. Now they were all stunned by Wu Ruo’s beauty, which made her day.

Wu Ruo sneered in his mind at this bunch of shallow people.

“Are you really coming to school from now on?” Wu Xi asked.

“Mm.” Wu Ruo had never meant to step into Wu school. But Shiyi received news that Wu Xi had often been bullied and isolated after Wu Zhu left. Therefore, he decided to go back to school. For this, he even sent some superb materials to Wu Bufang.

“Great! We can go to school together then.” Wu Xi was very happy and even more delighted when people were amazed by Wu Ruo’s beauty on their way back to Shuqing Yard.

Finally, no one would never call her second elder brother fattie.

When they returned to the South Courtyard, even the atmosphere had changed completely. It went quiet and no one dared to speak. The servants and maids just bowed their heads and focused on their jobs.

“Brother, let me tell you something. Many things happened in the past month while you were away. Uncle Qianjing learned somewhere that cousin Anrun was hiding in Pingxuan Town and went there and killed him. Anrun’s father happened to go there to visit his son. Coincidentally, he saw uncle Qianjing kill his son.” Wu Xi still felt mortified as she thought of it again. In just one month, two of her cousins died, in a dog-eat-dog way.

Wu Ruo didn’t say a word although something changed in his eyes.

“Then Anrun’s father came to South Courtyard to confront uncle Qianjing. They had a fierce fight and many people were seriously injured. Luckily that you weren’t home. Otherwise, you would also get hurt.”

“How are mom and dad?” asked Wu Ruo.

“Since mom and dad have no spiritual power, of course they could not lend a hand to uncle Qianjing. As for me, dad didn’t allow me to help because I am too young. As the North Courtyard fought all the way in, thanks to the magic weapons you gave us, we didn’t get hurt.” Wu Xi pointed somewhere in the direction ahead, “Look at those broken walls and grounds. They were damaged because of the huge fight. We don’t have enough silver to repair the yards. Even if we have, uncle Qianjing may not want to spend so much money on this.”

Wu Ruo saw that most of the walls collapsed and the ground was all bumpy, like an abandoned house.

“It never occurs to me that South Courtyard would end up like this one day.” Wu Ruo said sadly.

Wu Ruo said, stroking her hair, “Don’t worry. Everything will get better.”

“Now Uncle Qianjing and his family are taking jobs from other places. I also want to do some jobs to support the family.”

Wu Ruo frowned, “Things like earning money should be left to me and dad. All you need to care about is to focus on your witchcraft, you know? Besides, Shuqing Yard is not that down and out and needs support from a girl.”

“But…”

“There is no buts.” Wu Ruo lowered his voice, “don’t forget. Dad used to be the most powerful among all his brothers. Of course it’s easy for him to take more jobs and earn more silver. Besides, he doesn’t splash money like water as uncles do. He must have a lot of savings. Besides, Hei Xuanyi has sent so many precious and valuable gifts to him. One single item can support our family for a few years. What I am saying is, don’t you ever worry about it.”

Wu Xi gave it a thought and agreed with him. Therefore, she gave up the idea of finding a job. When they returned to Shuqing Yard, she shouted, “Dad, mom, look who is here.”

The servants and maids in Shuqing Yard were all stunned by Wu Ruo’s beauty too just like everyone else. Only Wu Xu had a feeling that the young man looked so much like Madam Guan Tong.

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong walked out of the room and were both dumbfounded when they laid eyes on Wu Ruo.

“Xi, who is this childe?” Guan Tong wondered.

This young man looked familiar to her.

Wu Xi giggled but didn’t say tell.

Wu Qianqing had a feeling that Wu Ruo looked like his wife when she was young, asking, “Ruo?”

“Dad, how can you guess it out so quickly? It’s not fun at all.” Wu Xi pouted.

“Among you three kids, Ruo resembles your mother the most.” Wu Qianqing smiled.

“But how could you guess who he is so quickly?”

“It’s hard to find anyone else but Ruo who could resemble your mother so much.”

“Huh? He is Ruo?” Guan Tong was shocked, “How can you lose so much weight in just a month?”

“Dad, mom, how are you doing recently?” Wu Ruo smiled.

Wu Qianqing sighed as he thought of what had happened recently, “Let’s go inside and talk.”

Wu Ruo walked in and caught up with Wu Qianqing about recent things. As Eggie was waiting for him in a restaurant, he didn’t stay for lunch. Therefore, at lunch time, he went to Zuiyue Restaurant to pick up Eggie who was watching a story-telling show.

When they arrived at Zuiyue Restaurant, Wu Ruo got off the carriage and before he went into the restaurant, he heard sad cries, “Brother, brother, why are you getting so such younger? Did you take the wrong medicine that turned you back at such a young age? Brother, do you still remember me?”

Wu Ruo looked over and saw a handsome man holding Wu Ruo’s son crying.