chapter 36: Don't You Have enough Materials to Make Magical Weapons?

All people in the hall now laid eyes on Wu Ruo.

Wu Qianqing frowned because he was worried that he would say something wrong.

Wu Ruo said excitedly while looking at them, “It’s a brilliant idea.”

Wu Qianqing frowned harder.

Wu Qianjing smiled a bit and laughed in his heart, “He is a total fool.”

Wu Qianjing and the other brothers exchanged a meaningful smile.

Wu Bufang asked smilingly as he raised his eyebrows, “do you really think so?”

“…” Wu Qianqing was extremely anxious in his heart. If his son agreed with his big brother, Hei Xuanyi’s gifts would be ‘borrowed’ out and wouldn’t be returned just as those magical weapons he used to lend out.

“Sure.” Wu Ruo nodded hard like he was afraid they didn’t believe his words, “My father and I happen to look for materials for making magical weapons and we are having some trouble to find some. It is such exciting news that uncle comes up with such a great idea. Uncle, can I borrow your Steel Fire? And the other uncles, we also need your Crystal Armor Feather, Bone Flame Iron, and Demolishing Sand. Can we borrow them? When my big brother comes back from his training, he will find the same materials and give them back as soon as possible.”

These materials were precious treasure that the four brothers had cherished for many years. Even they themselves were not willing to use them to make magical weapons.

Wu Qianqing almost burst into laughter at Wu Ruo’s words, while the four brothers looked super embarrassed.

Wu Bufang put away his smile, “What do you need those materials for?”

Wu Ruo explained, “After New Year, my big brother will leave home for training. But my father is very anxious because he has no proper magical weapons for him to protect himself. Therefore, he wants to make a few magical weapons before my big brother leaves.”

Hehe!

Since those uncles came up with such a brilliant idea, how could he not help them put it into practical use?

Now that they wanted the gifts, he simply said that he didn’t have enough materials and he needed to borrow some before they spoke up. Now what would they answer?

Wu Bufang frowned, “Qianqing, is it really so?”

Wu Qianjing and the brothers’ expression instantly changed because they were worried that Wu Qianqing would tell on them that they hadn’t returned the magical weapons to him. In fact, they tried to return the magical weapons in the first place, but after they used them, they didn’t want to because they were too powerful and handy, and they even wanted to keep them as their own forever. Therefore, they didn’t return them. One more reason was that Wu Qianqing lost his power. Therefore, those weapons were useless to him. Why not let them keep them?

Besides, Wu Qianqing had always been very generous. He had never fought over anything against his brothers. He even shared good staff with them. Therefore, the brothers were pretty sure that he wouldn’t ask them to return them, especially in front of grandfather.

Wu Qianqing hesitated but still nodded.

Wu Bufang narrowed his eyes, “if I recall it right, you made many superb magical weapons with those rare materials you found. Where are they now?”

Wu Qianqing smiled bitterly and didn’t say a word that the brothers borrowed them.

Wu Bufang scanned the four brothers who were avoiding eye contact because of shame and immediately understood the situation. Therefore, he didn’t press them in front of everyone, “I was told that Ruo’s husband sent many betrothal gifts and many of them were materials for making magical weapons. And he also sent many a few days ago. How is it possible you don’t have enough materials to make magical weapons?”