chapter 105: Ba Se (1)

These words were really mean. Some of the students laughed at it and some felt sorry for Wu Ruo.

Wu Xi was furious and was about to speak for her brother, but Wu Ruo pressed her shoulder and stopped her.

Wu Ruo said with respect, “Elder Ye, it’s true that I know nothing. But this is exactly why I come here to learn. At least when outsiders ask about Wu family arts and witchcraft, I can answer their questions so as not to disgrace the family. Therefore, I don’t have to master the skills with spiritual power. Besides, I didn’t know nothing at all. At least there is one I clearly know.”

“I would like to hear what it is.” Elder Ye sneered.

When he knew that Wu Ruo was about to come to school, he was particularly against it. Because it was ridiculous for a man who had no spiritual power at all to learn arts or witchcraft. It was basically a waste of his time.

“It is my first day at school, but I do know that a tutor should have a big open and lenient heart, but not hold any prejudice or contempt against anyone, or say anything mean to any student. However, you are obviously so negative, which is not good for manipulating spirits. In worst scenario, you might be controlled by spirits. I believe that you know better than I do.”

Wu Ruo impressed everyone on site with his neither servile nor supercilious attitude.

They found that not only Wu Ruo not only lost much weight, but also his personality had changed a lot. In the past, he would have hidden himself at a corner instead of confronting the tutor.

“…” Elder Ye couldn’t come up with a good argument. His face turned red out of anger.

“Well done.” Wu Xi couldn’t help exclaiming.

“Wu Xi, go out.” Elder Ye said heavily, face sunk.

Wu Xi made a face and went outside to stand as the punishment.

Elder Ye shot a stare at the calm Wu Ruo and continued the class. When the class was dismissed, Wu Xi ran to Wu Ruo and asked, “This is your first class. So how you feeling?”

“Nothing special.” Wu Ruo smiled.

It was boring for him because he had learned them all. His job here was just accompany Wu Xi.

“Let’s go home for lunch.”

Wu Xi hopped off the school, holding Wu Ruo’s arm. When they were at the gate, five young men walked out of the gate leading to North Courtyard. Four of them were their cousins from North Courtyard , while the other one dressed funny, “Look, his clothes is funny.”

Hearing her words, as Wu Ruo looked up, his beautiful star eyes immediately got covered with a lay of ice. He shot a cold, brutal stare at the young man who dressed weirdly. The man was good-looking. He had a black mark under the corner of his right eye, making him look evil. His robes were made of all kinds of feathers, making him look like a colorful rooster, especially with a few beautiful feathers on the head.

Wu Xi asked since Wu Ruo was still staring at the man, “Do you know him?”

“No, I don’t.” Wu Ruo said coldly.

Of course he knew him. He could recognize him even if he turned into ash.

He was Ba Se, the man Wu Xi had married to in last life. Didn’t expect he would meet him a few years earlier than in last life.

Ba Se also noticed Wu Ruo. With a surprising light under his eyes, he asked the man next to him, “Anshu, who is that gorgeous man?”

Wu Anshu looked over and shook his head, “I don’t know. I have never seen him. But I know the girl next to him is Wu Xi, from Shuqing Yard of South Courtyard.”

“Brother, he is Wu Ruo, Wu Xi’s second elder brother.” Wu Rui said, “He used to be very fat and had no spiritual power at all. He may have taken some elixirs or what. He has suddenly lost so much weight and looks better.”

“He is Wu Ruo?” Wu Anshu was shocked.

“He used to be fat?” Ba Se asked.

Wu Rui nodded, “Yes, very much. It’s said he used to weigh 600 jin (one jin equals to 0.5 kg) and had a waist of six feet.”

“…” Ba Se couldn’t possibly imagine how could such a beautiful man used to be that fat.

Wu Ruo took Wu Xi away quickly as he didn’t want Ba Se to pay much attention to Wu Xi.

Ba Se was anxious to catch up with them but got stopped by Wu Anshu, “Ba Se, you can’t go to the South Courtyard.”

“Why not?” Ba Se wondered.

“It’s getting pretty tense lately between South and North Courtyard. We are incompatible as fore and water now. If they know that you are my friend, they would harm you.”

“Is it that serious?” Ba Se frowned.

Did it mean that he had no chance to get close to the beautiful woman? He was so disappointed.

Wu Ruo returned to Hei Mansion right after he escorted Wu Xia back to Shuqing Yard and told Shijiu to investigate Ba Se.

In less than half a day, Shijiu came back with results, “Ba Se met Wu Anshu when Wu Anshu was on his training. So far, Wu Anshu also has no idea about Ba Se’s background. All he knows is that he is from a big family in the southeast and he has a special power. Wu Anshu invites him over probably because he wants to use him against South Courtyard.”

Wu Ruo squinted.