chapter 149: This Is It (1)

It was noon, the busiest moment of the day, when they entered the Imperial capital. On the hustling and bustling streets, rich and powerful men from home and abroad were walking and passing in their carriages.

Wu Xi and Eggie had never been to the Imperial capital. They had been watching the city from the window since they entered into the city. On both sides of the street were numerous tall buildings which were nicely decorated and inviting. The dress of local people was elegant and lavish, much higher than Gaoling town.

"Wow!" Wu Xi started to discuss with Guan Tong about the women's makeup and dress style hotly. On the other side, Eggie said excitedly, "daddy, I want to eat that. That! And that..."

He basically wanted everything he saw.

"We will buy some next time we go out shopping." Wu Ruo took out the handkerchief and wiped his drool.

"I want it all." It reminded Eggie of how his father bought everything for him on Mid-January Festival.

"I am back now." Jixi sneered.

Wu Ruo had a look at him.

Wu Qianqing had a lot of things on his mind. Now that they were at Imperial capital, he had no clue at all of Wu Zhu's whereabouts. Besides, there was a chance that Wu Zhu might not be in the Imperial capital.

One hour later, the carriage finally stopped.

"Ma'am, Sir, here we are." The guard said.

Wu Ruo carried Eggie down off the carriage. They were astonished by how magnificent the red gate was. Hei Xuanyi once told him that they had bought a big house in the Imperial capital but he had never expected this big. It was probably as big as a prince's mansion.

"What an enormous gate!" Wu Xi was amazed how magnificent the gate was. It was way bigger than that of the South Courtyard, perhaps bigger than the entire South Courtyard.

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong got off the carriage and were also shocked by the gate.

Eggie got off Wu Ruo and rushed into the house with Cuckoo and Hornie the monster Eggie named. A large group of people walked out of the gate and lined up in two lines at the gate to welcome them. Hei Xuanyi and Hei Xuantang then came out of the hall.

"You finally make it. My brother is worried sick about you." Hei Xuantang joked.

As if Wu Ruo didn't hear him, he continued to walk in and have a look around. He felt familiar with every place he went by as though he had been here before.

"Do you like it?" Hei Xuanyi asked.

Wu Ruo nodded and asked, "do we have a small lake in front of our yard?"

Hei Xuanyi assumed that Hei Xin had introduced the house to him before. He nodded, "Mm. Do you want to have a look at it?"

"..." Wu Ruo was surprised that how he knew the layout of the house, "help my parents to settle down first. How are you? Are you hurt?"

Hei Xuantang complained, "you are so selfish. All you care about is my brother. You don't care about me at all."

Wu Ruo rolled his eyes at him, "if you are hurt, you would be crying and begging for sympathy from everyone. I don't need to ask no matter what. But if your brother is hurt, he wouldn't say anything or make a noise even though the pain was massive to take."

"..." Hei Xuantang said, "you know him a lot."

Wu Ruo froze. Did he really know Hei Xuanyi at all?

He looked away and continued, "your brother is my husband. Of course I know him. Of course, I care more about him than you."

There was a small smile hidden in Hei Xuanyi's eyes.

"Oh no. My heart hurts. No one cares about me. No one loves me." Hei Xuantang leaned his head on Hei Gan's shoulder, "Hei Gan, poor me."

Hei Gan pushed his head away relentlessly, "sir, I have to arrange accommodations for Mr. and Mrs. Wu. I don't have time for pitying you."

"..." Hei Xuantang.

Hei Xin and Hei Gan arranged Wu Qianqing to accommodate in the side yard of the backyard.

After they left, Wu Ruo asked, "who used the All Ghosts Out at Night?"

"How do you know the name?" Hei Xuanyi frowned.

"Jixi told me." Wu Ruo only mentioned Jixi, "he also told me that it is actually called All Ghosts Out for a Fest."

"Our feud used it. But their skills were not mature enough. The ghosts went top of them." Hei Xuanyi sneered, "finally the entire city was slaughtered by those ghosts. The practitioner is too cold-hearted. My guess is that he might have eaten his own medicine."

That person was indeed cold-hearted since a city of 300,000 people died.

"Have the entire Wu family died too?" He asked.

"I saved them." Hei Xuanyi said calmly.

He knew that Wu Ruo didn't want them to die that easily. Otherwise, he would have killed all of them back in Gaoling town long time ago.

"..." Wu Ruo.