chapter 82: It's Great to See That You Are Fine (2)

But what about those men his father had sent? Were they all killed by the giant demon?

Wu Zhu had been very lucky recently. No. Perhaps the entire Shuqing yard had been really lucky lately.

For starters, his father and the three uncles planned to make an excuse to take away lots of Wu Ruo’s betrothal presents Hei Xuanyi had sent, but in the end, Wu Ruo borrowed his father and the three uncles’ precious materials and luckily found the matching materials to make ultimate magic weapons. Then, Ruguo found out that his father and uncles stole his betrothal presents. And his uncle Qianbin came up with a plan to delay returning the betrothal presents, but it was exposed and soon the whole city spread the behind-scene story and even Wu Yanlan knew about it. His great-grandfather had to force the uncles to return the betrothal presents. After that, uncle Qianbin arranged Wu Zhu to unseal the giant demon but in the end Wu Zhu came back in a whole piece. What a coincidence!

Wu Yu snorted.

Wu Zhu was about to go out for training. He couldn’t be that lucky forever!

While he was calculating how to plot against Wu Zhu, Wu Ruo was also thinking of Wu Zhu’s training thing with Wu Yu. After dinner, he invited his family to Hei Mansion for lunch tomorrow before he left.

When he got back to Hei Mansion, he arranged a bunch of things for Shijiu.

The next day before noon, Wu Qianqing and his family came to Hei Mansion.

Wu Ruo and Eggie were already at the gate welcoming them.

As Guan Tong and Wu Xi saw Eggie, they immediately fought each other to hug him.

“Dad, mom. The lunch is not ready yet. Let me show you around first.” Wu Ruo smiled.

Guan Tong nodded as she was playing with the kid.

Wu Qianqing pulled Wu Ruo aside and asked yhim about the kid taking advantage that Hei Xuanyi, Hei Xin and others were not there, “Ruo, whose kid is that? Is it Xuanyi…”

“Dad, you are overthinking things. Xuanyi and I are men. We won’t have a biological kid. So we adopt one from his relative.” Wu Ruo hurriedly interrupted him.

It was hard to explain to his father that Eggie was actually hatched from an egg. If he told him that, his father would have more questions to follow.

“It’s better to raise a child at an early age. He will be close to you. You have to treat him as your own. Do you get it?” Wu Qianqing nodded.

In fact, he was worried that Hei Xuanyi might marry a concubine in the future and have a child of his own. After all, Eggie was not his biological son. It was difficult to treat him as precious one from deep in his heart.

Even if Hei Xuanyi did that, Wu family had no right to interfere. But they were only worried that Wu Ruo would suffer.

It would be the best if Hei family had the same family rule as Wu family. As Wu Bufang didn’t like family dramas or complicated family affairs, Wu Bufang forbad all men in the family to have concubines. Anyone who had an affair outside and had a child was not allowed to bring the child into Wu family.

“Hmm, I know.” Wu Ruo said.

“Never expected your house is so big. Xuanyi must have spent a lot of money to buy this house, I suppose.” Wu Zhu who was standing aside said smilingly.

“I never asked him.”

Wu Qianqing frowned as he laid eyes on the corpse servants who were cleaning the snow, “Ruo, those servants look strange.”

Wu Ruo looked over and understood who he meant. So he no longer hid it from them, “Dad, they are living dead.”

“Living…living dead?” Wu Qianqing and Wu Zhu were surprised.

“Yes. They are dead long before. But they can move because they still have one soul (in Chinese mysteries, every human being has three souls).”

“Does it mean that they cannot reincarnate?” Wu Qianqing asked.

“There is a timeline. When their service is due, the manipulator will let them go. Then they can be reincarnated. ”

“It is evil magic to manipulate others’ corpses or souls.” Wu Zhu said heavily.

“You can control spirit. Is that also a kind of evil magic?” Wu Ruo asked.

“It’s different.”

Wu Ruo didn’t like the feeling that his family looked at Hei Xuanyi with judging eyes, “As long as it’s not controlling those living dead to do bad things. Don’t worry about it.”

Wu Qianqing changed the subject as he understood that his little son was defending his husband, “Ruo, we are tired of walking. Maybe we can find a place to rest.”

“I will take you to the hall. I guess lunch is ready now.”

Wu Ruo then led them to the hall.

Hei Xin who was busy in the hall walked forward with a smile on his face, “Welcome, all of you! If there is anything we don’t do well enough, hope you wouldn’t mind.”

“Butler Hei, it’s too kind of you.” Wu Qianqing smiled mildly.

“Dad, Butler Hei is a very capable man. He is very talented at art of divination. Speaking of which, my brother is going on a training very soon. We can ask Butler Hei to have a fortune-telling for his journey, maybe even his future, or when he is going to get me a sister-in-law.”