chapter 191: He Overlooked It (1)

Wu Ruo explained, "he is a mischievous kid. If we bring him here, he would probably play with flowers or offend someone else. So we decide to make him stay home so that others can keep him company."

It was the truth.

If Eggie was here, he would probably have gone somewhere to play.

Wu Weixue was happy to know that, because it meant Hei Xuanyi was into women, and she had a chance to get bond with the kid so that Hei Xuanyi could marry her.

Before long, Wu Chenzi went back to Wu mansion.

He gave Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi a warm welcome and invited them to dinner as if nothing happened at his birthday banquet. He even showed his care about Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi's marriage life like a carrying family.

Nothing really happened at the dinner. It seemed that he invited Wu Ruo over to just have a dinner to express his apology.

Even after Wu Chenzi saw them out once they finished dinner, nothing special happened.

Wu Ruo was curious if Wu Chenzi really meant to invite them for just one meal.

When they said goodbye to Wu Chenzi, the housekeeper hurriedly came over and said, "your excellency..."

Wu Chenzi said heavily, "don't you see I have guests here? Can't you wait until they left?"

"Sorry to keep you busy. If you'll excuse me."

Wu Weixue said, "grandpa, allow me to see them out."

"Mr. Wu Ruo, it has something to do with you. You'd better stay and hear me out." The housekeeper said.

Finally it came. The trouble came. Wu Ruo thought.

"What is it?"

The housekeeper looked at Wu Chenzi and said after Wu Chenzi nodded to give him a consent, "General Ren from next door was assassinated at home. They've got the assassin, but General Ren was seriously injured and his wife died. His mother passed out because of the sudden tragedy. Just now General Ren's guard told us that the assassin came from our direction. So I went to investigate the situation and found that the assassin is..."

He paused there and looked at Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo got nervous and kind of guess who was the assassin he meant.

"Say it out! Who is it?" Wu Chenzi was furious.

"Your excellency, the assassin is Wu Qianqing, Mr. Wu Ruo's father." The housekeeper answered.

Wu Ruo was shocked and also confused. Didn't his parents leave Wu mansion way early? How did they kill General Ren?

No way. He and his parents said goodbye to each other inside the Wu Mansion. Therefore, he was not sure if his parents left the mansion.

He overlooked the situation.

He assumed that his parents would leave Wu Mansion right after they had lunch at his great great grandfather. As smart and prudent as his father was, he shouldn't have encountered such a terrible thing. But it turned out that something terrible had actually happened and he was accused of killing the General's wife.

Hei Xuanyi said, holding his hand, "calm down. Let's wait and see."

Wu Weixue shot a cold stare at their holding hands and said to Wu Chenzi, "grandpa, let's go and check as well."

Then she said to Wu Ruo, "Ruo, don't worry. Perhaps it is not what the housekeeper said."

Wu Chenzi nodded, "the assassin came from us to the General's mansion. We have no excuse to get away from it. I'd better go in person."

Wu Ruo came back to senses and asked, "what about my mother?"

"She is still with his great great grand master. She has not known about what happened to her husband." The housekeeper said.

Wu Ruo was worried about Guan Tong and therefore went to find her.

Wu Ruo whispered to his mother on the way, "mom, aren't you supposed to leave Wu mansion long time ago? Why are you still here?"

Guan Tong whispered, "we came back to say goodbye to great grandfather. But when we got there, they were having a nap. So we didn't interrupt them. The servants told us to wait there until they woke up. But after they woke up, great grandfather asked us to stay for super. That's why we are still here now."

"Do you know where father is?" Wu Ruo asked.

"Isn't he in the carriage?" Guan Tong was confused.

"What makes you think he is in the carriage?" Wu Ruo asked.

"Since you and Xuanyi come to get me home, I presume that your father has been in the carriage and sends you here to pick me up." Guan Tong realized something wrong, "is there anything wrong?"

"Please tell me why and when dad left?"

"After supper, he said he would go to the loo and he went with a servant's guidance. But he has never come back." Guan Tong asked anxiously, "is he alright?"

Wu Ruo briefed what he was told, "don't worry. We will help him."

"Alright."

When they came to the General's mansion, soldiers guarded the gate heavily. Wu Ruo was told that the news that General Ren was assassinated had been delivered to the emperor. The emperor got furious at the news since he had been childhood friends with General Ren. He was worried about General Ren so he sent his sons, the crown prince and the second prince to investigate the assassination in person.