chapter 108: The Wu Brothers' Ending (2)

The old woman sat down on the floor and cried out since neither of her two sons listened to her, “Fine. You want me to die, I will die. I raised you for nothing. You two ungrateful backbite wolves…”

The passers-by and neighbors all stopped and gathered around.

The Wu brothers were so ashamed to stay, so they paced up to get out of there. When they finally got into their houses, before they even caught a breath, they heard a cry for help, “Help! Help!”

It was Chen Xi’er’s voice. The brothers rushed into the room and saw a man on top of Chen Xi’er while Chen Xi’er’s clothes were already ripped open, revealing her pale neck.

The brothers were furious and threw punches at the man.

While Chen Xi’er took the chance to get herself dressed and ran to the door.

“What’s going on? What happened?” Liu Xiaoru who just got back from outside asked.

“Stop fighting! Stop! It’s a mistake. Wu Da, Wu Xiao! It’s me. I am Wang Ting. Stop punching me!” Wu Ting begged as he held his head with the hands.

“Wang Ting?” Wu Xiao stopped and recognized it was his cousin Wang Ting. And then he threw a tougher punch at him, “How dare you touch my wife! I am gonna kill you.”

Wu Da paused at his words and had a look at Chen Xi’er who was standing at the doorway.

“You are really mistaken.” It was true that Wang Ting had already drooled on Chen Xi’er but he didn’t dare to take action since she was his cousin’s wife. But today when he passed by, Chen Xi’er invited him in and allured him onto bed.

Finally he failed to resist her temptation, he threw himself above her. But before he even did anything, the Wu brothers were back. He panicked and wanted to get up when Chen Xi’er held him tight and shouted for help. Then the Wu brothers saw that scene just now.

“You were nailing her on the bed! How could I ever mistake it?” Wu Xiao threw another few kicks on him.

Wu Da added a few tough kicks too, venting his recent anger out all on Wang Ting.

Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er exchanged an eye contact and shouted, “Stop! Stop it!”

The Wu brothers didn’t count how many punches or kicks they threw at Wang Ting until Wang Ting lay still on the ground.

“Do you think I would let you go now that you pretend to pass out?” Wu Xiao threw another kick.

Wang Ting stayed still.

“Wake up.” Wu Da kicked him again.

Not moving a muscle.

The brothers panicked. Is he dead?

Wu Da was brave enough to bend over to feel Wang Ting’s breath under the nose. There was no breath at all! He was so shocked that he jumped backward, “He…he is dead.”

“What…what?” Wu Xiao’s face went pale, “Are you sure?”

He also felt Wang Ting’s breath and it turned out that he was not breathing.

Wu Xiao’s legs suddenly lost power and he slumped onto the ground.

Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er exchanged another eye contact and cried in fear, “Someone is dead. Someone is dead here.”

The Wu brothers came to senses and roared, “Shut up! Do you want to tell the world that your husbands killed a man?”

Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er stepped out of the room quickly.

“Come back!”

The Wu brothers chased after them because they were worried that their wives might tell on them. But soon a bunch of officers carrying swords flocked in, “Who is dead? Who?!”

The Wu brothers were shocked and confused why the officers came so quickly.

They were so terrified that their legs were shaking. Their minds went blank since it was the first time in their lives.

Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er were hiding in the corner, pretending to be scared.

The leading officer took a look at Wu Da and Wu Xiao who just ran out in panic before he stepped into the house and saw Wang Ting lying on the ground. He moved forward to feel his breath, and found he was already dead.

He went out and ordered to arrest Wu Da and Wu Xiao, and take Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er back to the court for interrogation.

On the court, both Liu Xiaoru and Chen Xi’er testified that Wu Da and Wu Xiao killed Wang Ting.

With irrefutable evidence, Wu Da and Wu Xiao had no chance to deny it.

In the end, they were sentenced to death and the execution would be carried out after the autumn. On hearing that, the Wu brothers passed out on spot.

Soon the news spread into Wu Ruo’s ears.