chapter 51: You must Be Mistaken

Hei Xin scanned the expression of everyone and said, “They are called Ghost Flute and Corpse Bone Dragon Nail, made by my lord himself. You can find his name on them. Apart from that, they are two among the betrothal presents that my lord has sent to our ma’am. But…”

His tone changed to sharp deep, “neither our ma’am nor his father said they have seen them before.”

Wu Xuanran and the four brothers felt a bit restless when they heard the words betrothal presents. They couldn’t even look into Hei Xin’s eyes.

Wu Bufang missed a heartbeat and kind of sensed that why Hei Xin came here.

Wu Qianqing was confused, “Stward Hei, you mean they are among those betrothal presents? How can I know that? Ruo, did you receive them in private?”

Wu Ruo shook his head, pretending that he knew nothing about this, “I have never seen them. Father, is it possible you are mistaken?”

Hum!

Today he was going to show his parents the Wu Family’s true color.

Wu Qianqing frowned, “I received your betrothal presents by myself. How can I remember it wrong? If there is something wrong, I should have an impression on these two magical weapons. But I don’t have any impression and they are not on the list. If you don’t believe me, I can show you the list. They are not on it at all.”

It was true that he had never seen those two magical weapons. But why he didn’t receive them and why did Hei Xin have them right now?

Now thinking that why Hei Xin demanded to check the list earlier, a horrible idea suddenly popped out his head as he scanned his family sitting around him.

Wu Qiantong hurriedly asked as he was worried that the whole thing might be exposed, “Steward Hei, you said that the two magical weapons are betrothal presents, but why do you have them right now? Shouldn’t they be in my third brother’s warehouse? You must be mistaken.”

He was sure that Hei Xin had no evidence to prove that they took the magical weapons.

Wu Qianbin frowned at his brother who was being stupid. Obviously it was a trap. Hei Xin was waiting for him to ask that question.

Hei Xin gave him a mild smile, “Good question, my lord. It is strange indeed. I have two receipts that would happen to answer your question.”

He took out the contract that Wu Shi and Wu Bai had signed, “Our guards accidentally discovered this. As for where they found it, allow me to start this case from when they went to the gambling house for fun. At that time, they lost some silver and were about to leave. On their way downstairs, they bumped into the two young lords. One of them dropped a dark blue jade flute out of his sleeve. Our guards found it pretty familiar. Therefore they followed them. And when they mortgaged the magical weapons to Shopkeeper Yu of the gambling house, our guards confirmed they were the magical weapons our lord made. The guards felt strange why they are in their hands. So they took all people involved, the magical weapons and the contract back to Hei Mansion to our ma’am. To our surprise, he didn’t recognize those two magical weapons at all. It got even stranger. Therefore, I had to come here to ask if our ma’am’s father has any idea. Unexpectedly, he doesn’t know about themeither. That is why I come here to meet you, chief Wu. Hope you can look into it and give us an explanation. But first, please have a look at the names on the contracts.”