chapter 152: The Mask Is Peeled Off (2)

Wu Yanlan couldn’t keep his eyes off him, “aunt, isn’t he better-looking than you?”

Wu Weixue sat back and her face turned cold. She shot a cold eye at Zhitao.

Zhitao’s heart trembled. She stood up quietly and walked out. Aiming at Wu Ruo, she launched a secret weapon through her fingers.

Wu Yanlan sensed the danger and shouted at Wu Ruo, “watch out, miss.”

Wu Ruo sensed the danger too. As he was about to dodge it, Hei Xuanyi darted out of the shop and carried him away from the secret weapon.

Wu Yanlan took a breath in relief and jerked to glare at the person who launched the weapon.

Zhitao lowered her head and explained, “you are from Wu family. You shouldn’t be distracted by a random girl.”

Wu Yanlan was not a stupid man. Of course, he knew it was his aunt’s order. He was so angry to put down the curtain and refused to talk.

He was too excited to remember that his aunt was jealous of anyone who was more beautiful than her. Just because of him, a girl’s beauty was almost destroyed.

Zhitao took a deep breath. But she should launch a second attack since her first attempt failed. But to her surprise, she saw someone unexpected, “my lady, come and look at that man.”

Wu Weixue asked, “who is it?”

“The ugly man who once proposed to marry you.”

“Why do I bother to look at him?” Wu Weixue frowned.

How dare that ugly man thinks to marry her?!

“But isn’t he supposed to be in Gaoling town? Why is he here?” Wu Yanlan was confused.

“There is one thing you need to know. There is news that Gaoling City has been slaughtered by thousands of ghosts. He must be lucky enough to run for his life. Come and have a look.” Zhitao shouted anxiously, “that ugly man is wearing a fake skin.”

Wu Weixue squinted her cold beautiful eyes and looked outside the window with Wu Yanlan. The ugly man paid his full attention to Wu Ruo, checking if he was hurt without realizing that the fake skin was split apart. But Wu Ruo did.

Wu Ruo looked at Hei Xuanyi’s face in a big surprise, “Hei Xuanyi, your face…”

Hei Xuanyi touched his face. The fake skin was peeling off and there was no way to reinstate it. There was a bigger chance it would fall out.

He remembered the fake skin must have been broken by the secret weapon he tried to avoid.

Since there was no way to recover it, he just took it off. Besides, he didn’t plan to hide it from Wu Ruo anymore. It was a great chance for Wu Ruo to have a good look at his real face.

Hei Xuanyi took off the fake skin and showed his real face. As he had worn that skin for a long time, his skin was pale. But his face was extremely gorgeous, like a god had carved his face. He had perfect curves, perfect face, with deep eyes and long eyebrows. With one glance, his eyes sparkled coldly like stars, delivering imposing power. His lips were thin and sexy. Each part of his face was perfect, and combined made his face even more perfect, breath-taking.

Passers-by stopped and were attracted by Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi. They either envy or became jealous of them.

“Oh my god. He-He is so charming.” Zhitao couldn’t keep her eyes off him. She was so wrong about him for being ugly. But the real him was so good-looking, so beautiful that she wished she could hide him from anyone else.

Wu Weixue stared at the pair of good-looking and perfect couple and squeezed a few words between her teeth, “how dare he lie to me! How dare he!”

If Hei Xuanyi had proposed to her with the real face, she would definitely say yes because only a man with that good-looking face could deserve her.

Wu Yanlan glanced at her. If it hadn’t been that she thought he was too ugly, that man should have been her husband now.

Thinking of the chance that the man would probably belong to her lady, Zhitao decided to look away from that man and asked, “what should we do?”

As far as she knew about her lady, she would surely go get that man.

Wu Yanlan took the opportunity to say, “aunt, that man is married now. He is a husband. If you are married to him, you would be one of his concubines. Besides, he is into men. You and he are impossible.”

Wu Weixue didn’t care, “that’s because he had never met any beautiful woman like me. Otherwise, he would be into women.”

“The man who is married to Mr. Hei must have been killed by the ghosts in Gaoling City.” Zhitao said.

It reminded Wu Yanlan of the big fat man back in Gaoling. Suddenly he felt sorry for that fat guy.