chapter 143: 'A Big Present' (1)

Ruan Zhizheng noticed Wu Ruo was staring at him. He faked a cough and quickly composed himself, "I heard that Wu family is going to have a disaster and to avoid that disaster, so they have to all move out to take refuge. Is it true?"

"Yes. They will move back next year." Wu Ruo nodded.

"My aunt came to talk to us a few days ago." Ruan Zhizheng showed an unnoticeable ridicule at the corner of his mouth, "They hit me and even killed my guards. Now she and her family even want to move in with us. Is it funny or not? Doesn't she feel ashamed? Who gives her the face?"

Wu Ruo knew that he was talking about Ruan Lanru. In fact Shiyi already told him before. "So, how did you turn her down?"

"I told them that we don't have guest rooms for them. My uncle and big cousin left right away because they still wanted to save some face." Ruan Zhizheng said, "I don't care if they leave or not. After they hit me last time, I have made up mind not to depend on them again. So I am here to tell you that I will be out of town for a while."

"Where are you going?" Wu Ruo's eyes sparkled.

"To see who will accept me as his disciple." Ruan Zhisheng said.

For one moment, Wu Ruo had the impulse to contract Ruan Zhizheng so that he would listen to his command. However, he didn't want to get much involved with this man again. Besides, he was afraid that he would never find the man who had tried to kill him in last life if he changed Ruan Zhizheng's fate.

"You are so talented. You will find someone to teach you. Cheer up."

Ruan Zhizheng had a bright smile. He liked the way Wu Ruo complimented him. Wu Ruo was the only one that made him proud of himself, at least he was not an useless man like Wu Ruo who even had no spiritual power. Wu Ruo patted him on the shoulder and looked him in the eyes and imprinted his instructions into Ruan Zhizheng's mind with arts of spiritual language, "You-Must-Tell-Me-When-You-Find-A-Master-Shifu."

"I will." Ruan Zhizheng nodded like nuts, in a trance.

Then he came to senses very soon and was confused, "Did I just...?"

Why did he say I will?

Wu Ruo distracted his attention and changed the subject, "Now that you are about to leave the town and we haven't seen each other for such a long time, would you care to stay for dinner?"

"No, thanks. I came here to say goodbye to you and see if you are doing well in your new home. I'm gonna leave right away." Ruan Zhizheng shook his head.

"So hurried?" Wu Ruo raised his eyebrows.

"It's not safe in Gaoling nowadays. The earlier, the better. I don't have to watch the Wu family fighting against each other any longer. Wu family will be over given time." Ruan Zhizheng scanned Wu Ruo as he spoke, "now that you are thinner and better-looking, your husband must treat you better, I suppose."

"What's the use of being good-looking? I still don't have spiritual power." Wu Ruo mocked himself.

Ruan Zhizheng felt a lot better when he heard that. He assumed that Hei Xuanyi treated him badly and therefore comforted him, "Don't worry. Someday your husband will find your good place. It's late. I gotta go."

"All right. I will see you out."

Wu Ruo couldn't wait to say goodbye to him. He took a deep breath after Ruan Zhizheng got on a carriage for departure.

Ruan Zhizheng shouted as he brushed open the curtain, "Ruo, I will write to you when I settle down. Come to find me if you are not happy here."

"OK, I will. Bon voyage." Wu Ruo waved him goodbye and didn't go in until the carriage was out of sight.

He had the plan to send guards to track down Ruan Zhizheng but thinking of the possibility to be found, so he just dropped that idea.

Ruan Zhizheng put down the curtain, put away his smile, and sneered, "Yes, he is better-looking. So what? He is still useless as always."

The carriage stopped soon after it left Hei Mansion.

Ruan Sheng said outside, "Young master, the West and South Courtyards are quarreling and probably will have a fight. Do we need to go pass them or take a detour?"

Ruan Zhizheng looked outside and saw Wu Xuaran and a few guards.

Then he came up with an idea. He whispered by Ruan Sheng's ear, "Go find some to send a message to Wu Xuanran saying that his third son misses him and wants him to go back to Qing Mansion to stay for a few days."

What a great plan!

Since Wu Ruo was his "good" buddy, he had to send him a big present before he left Gaoling town so that he could have a busy life in such boring days.

"So now we should..." Ruan Sheng nodded.

"Take another route."

Since Ruan Zhizheng hadn't left Gaoling city yet, he was still under the watch of Wu Ruo's people. Soon Wu Ruo got the message that Ruan Zhizheng set up a trap to mess up with his father.

"What a great 'buddy'!" Wu Ruo sneered.

The first time this great buddy came to visit him after his marriage, he didn't even bring a gift Now he got him a great "present" after saying goodbye to him.