chapter 78: Someone Tried to Kill Me (2)

Hei Xin knew what he was saying, so he said with a smile, “Are you surprised at what the master has just done?”

“Hmm.” Hei Gan had never seen Hei Xuanyi could be so active to anyone else, let alone having any physical contact with anyone, not even his own family.

“Now you can see that the master is enjoying it too but not forcing himself to do so, right?” Hei Xin smiled.

“…” Hei Gan.

“It’s lunch time. Go find Eggie.” Hei Xin patted him on the shoulder.

“Where is the little master?”

“If I know where he is, why would I ask you to find him?”

“…” Hei Gan.

Lunch was served. Hei Xuanyi picked up a piece of meat and put it in Wu Ruo’s bowl.

Wu Ruo ate it and a piece of chicken was put in his bowl.

He gave Hei Xuanyi a strange look.

“Which one do you prefer?” Hei Xuanyi asked.

“The steamed fish.” Wu Ruo answered after being frozen there for a bit.

Hei Xuanyi picked up a piece of the steamed fish, dipped it in the sauce, and then put it in Wu Ruo’s bowl.

Wu Ruo looked at the fish in surprise and finally ate it silently. After that, once he finished what was in his bowl, Hei Xuanyi would refill with more. Hei Xuanyi was definitely acting weird today. But he didn’t feel sick or what with him picking dishes for him. As a matter of fact, he was kidn of enjoying it. Thanks to his light mood, his appetite was even better than usual.

Hei Xin who had been waiting on them aside smiled all the time as the two of them were getting along, actually a lot better. The master had greatly changed.

The next day after Wu Chu’s funeral, Wu Ruo received Wu Xi’s letter, saying that Wu Zhu had gone on the mission with uncle Qianbin and others. He did a math and went to Wu family on the exact day when Wu Zhu came back.

Wu Qianqing’s face darkened as he saw Wu Ruo, “See what you and Xi have done! How can you keep the secret from us? What if anything bad happens to Zhu…”

“He will be fine.” Wu Ruo said affirmatively.

“I heard their mission this time is a huge beast. How can there be no danger at all?” Wu Qingqing asked.

“Maybe it is dangerous, but it doesn’t mean something will happen to him. Besides, he is going out for training in a few days. And it will be more dangerous. Are you going to keep him home forever?”

“That’s not what I meant.”

“Dad, I know what you are worried about. But he is a grown-up. He can make his own decision.”

“You are a grown-up too. It’s now your turn to comfort me.” Wu Qianqing sighed.

“Yes. I am a grown-up too. It’s our turn to take care of you and support you.” Wu Ruo chuckled.

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong finally smiled with his sweet words.

Wu Xi who had been lectured for a few days also took a deep breath, and stuck out her tongue at Wu Ruo.

At the moment, a doorman came in and reported, “My lord, ma’am, Lord Qianbin and junior master Zhu come back.”

“How are they?” Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong immediately jumped up.

“It seems they all got slightly injured.”

They rushed outside to meet Wu Zhu but were relieved when they saw Wu Zhu helping others carry the injured ones. The other yards gathered very soon.

Wu Yu and Wu Shi were surprised to see Wu Zhu but soon calmed down.

Wu Xi strode forward, “Big brother, are you alright? I am worried sick about you.”

“I am fine.” Wu Zhu patted her on the shoulder and said to Wu Qianqing, “Dad, mom, let’s go inside first.”

Wu Qianqing nodded after he laid his eyes on Wu Qianbin.

When Wu Zhu went back to Shuqing Yard, his face sunk and sat on the chair silently.

Wu Ruo sensed the situation and told Shiyuan to close the door and guarded outside.

Wu Qianqing sensed something was wrong too, “Zhu, what happened?”

Wu Zhu was silent for a moment before he said, “Dad, someone tried to kill me.”

“Who is it?” Wu Qianqing, Guan Tong and Wu Zi were shocked.

“Guards from our Wu family. But I have never seen them. They might be from outside and blend in to kill me.”

Wu Ruo sneered in his heart.

It was them.

“Could it be dad’s old enemy?” Wu Xi said.

“I don’t know.” Wu Zhu shook his head.

“You tell me the whole story.” Wu Qianqing said.

“It was all smooth on the way until we got deep into a forest called Headworm Woods. Uncle Qianbin told me to use my blood to release a strange seal , and then a giant demon showed up, the size of a mountain…”

“Oh my god. Is it possible to capture such an enormous demon?” Wu Xi exclaimed.

“Xi, don’t interrupt your brother. Let him finish the story.” Wu Qianqing said.

“The giant demon ate people everywhere. Despite uncle Qianbin tried every possible magical weapon against it, the attack was like tickling the demon. It didn’t work on it at all. Uncle Qianbin was injured. Uncle Qianli was the most severely injured. He spat out blood and his spiritual land was damaged too. In a very short time, almost half of our people were eaten. Then everybody ran for life. No one was powerful enough to fight against the demon. And I was swept down onto the ground while I was running.”

“And then?” Everyone else gasped except for Wu Ruo.