chapter 144: 'A Big Present' (2)

However, even if Ruan Zhizheng didn't do such a thing, Wu Xuanran who had been used to living in a big courtyard couldn't stand living in such a small crowded place. Soon or later, he would go to reason with his father. Therefore, Wu Ruo didn't plan to stop Wu Xuanran visiting his father.

Of course, Wu Xuanran, who had just had a fight against the second master of West Courtyard, had no idea that there was a trap setting up for him. When he got home tiredly with wounds, he was told that his sons and daughters-in-law were having fights. No one even cared about him. Only his wife applied some medicine for him. He was so sad and angry. None of his sons was filial.

At the time, a servant reported that his third son Wu Qianqing invited him to stay at his mansion because he missed him.

Wu Xuanran got angry first when he heard the name but was amused later because he thought his third son couldn't live without him. He was even more thrilled when he remembered that his third son was living in a big house. Therefore, he talked to Mu Xiuwan if they should move in.

"We already said that we wouldn't live with them right before we moved out. Are you sure that it's ok to move in with them?" Mu Xiuwan was worried.

"We are their parents and still are no matter what we said. Besides, it is him who invited us over. We didn't beg him to take us in." Wu Xuanran said arrogantly.

The main reason he wanted to move in was that he couldn't stand this small house any more. The smell of pig and bull's excrement was everywhere in the house. And dogs barked at night. He couldn't have a sound sleep at all.

Mu Xiuwan agreed. But she played high-profile and delayed for two days before they moved in.

Wu Qianjing had anticipated where his parents were going as they had already loaded their packages on the carriage, "Dad, mom, are you going to move in with Qianqing?"

Wu Xuanran felt embarrassed because he broke his promise that he wouldn't never move in with Wu Qianqing.

"Your brother begged us to stay over for a few days."

"Do you need to bring so many packages with you just for a few days? Father, you promised that you wouldn't live with him. Now you are abandoning us and moving in with him. Do you know what you are doing?" Wu Qiantong said angrily.

Wu Xuanran and Mu Xiuwan looked away out of guilty.

"I won't stop you if you insist on moving in with Qianqing. But our kids will move in your room after you leave." Wu Qianbin said.

"Fine." Wu Xuanran didn't even think about moving back again. He drove away quickly since his sons didn't stop him.

"Why did you let them leave?" Wu Qiantong said angrily.

"Isn't it for the best that we don't have to feed them?" Wu Qianbin said.

No one said anything again.

Wu Xuanran and Mu Xiuwan arrived at Qing Mansion but shut out by the doormen, "We haven't received an order that anyone would move in. You'd better go now."

"We are your master's parents. As long as you tell your master, he will invite us in." Wu Xuanran said politely.

"His lordship and madam are not at home right now. And we are informed that our master's parents promised that they would never live with our master. Now you are saying you are our master's parents. You are such a liar! What are you up to?"

"We are indeed your master's parents. You can ask any of Shuqing Yard servants to prove that we are." Wu Xuanran's face turned red out of anger.

"Just go away, or we will drive you away." The doorman said seriously.

"But we are really your master's parents." Mu Xiuwan was panicked.

"Beat them!" The lead doorman ordered.

"How dare you! I am your master's father!" Wu Xuanran said angrily.

The guards and doormen gathered around to launch harsh attacks.

Those guards were powerful. Wu Xuanran and his fellowmen were no match for them. In less than half an hour, Wu Xuanran had to flee quickly.

In the carriage, Mu Xiuwan asked anxiously, "what should we do?"

"Do we have any choice? We can only..."

Wu Xuanran couldn't even finish the sentence because he was embarrassed to go back to the small house where he was so happy to leave from.

The anger grew stronger in his heart. Rubbing his swollen face, he said with great anger, "darn it! Wu Qianqing must have beaten us on purpose."

Mu Xiuwan was furious. Come to think of it, she sensed something wrong. "As far as I know about Qianqing, he is not such kind of person. Is it possible that we are being fooled by someone else? Think about it. The man who delivered the message was not either from Shuqing Yard or someone we know. If Qianqing really meant to invite us over, he would probably have sent Wu Xu, his housekeeper, to deliver the message. Am I right?"

Wu Qian had been always the filial son among all their children. He would never beat his parents no matter how he got mad.

"What else could it be?"

"When we left, Qianjing didn't stop us and Qianbin required that their children will move in our room. Is it possible that they send the fake message so that they can have our room? Or they are tired of feeding us?" Mu Xiuwan gave it a thought and said.

Wu Xunran was shocked by the analysis but soon thought it was likely the case.

"What the fuck! If that's how much they want us to move out, let's see how much we want to stay. Let's go back right now."

After they left, the guards at Qing Mansion sent the news to Wu Ruo.

Wu Ruo smiled at the news. Finally no one would ever bother his parents again.