chapter 131: Divide up the Family (1)

Wu Bufang hurriedly sent people to track down the big monster and only felt relieved after confirming that it had long gone away from the town. As he looked back at the cultivators, they were either got killed or got severely injured. It would take a long time before they could recover.

It was the most formidable monster that they had encountered since he settled down his Wu family in Gaoling town. The cultivators in Gaoling city were not matches for the giant monster at all. If it hadn’t been for the giant bird, all the cultivators might have been slaughtered and the town would turn into a dead city.

Elder Rong reported the casualties to Wu Bufang, “Chief, as we checked the casualties, except for the West Courtyard who is responsible for the security of the town, other courtyards all lost many of their guards…”

“How many people from the West Courtyard died?” Wu Bufang asked as his voice was trembling.

“Except for those who were out on training and students at school, the eldest master and third master and their families from West Courtyard all died. And the eldest son of the second master and your son Xuanjun are also…” Elder Rong bemoaned.

Wu Bufang wobbled at the news, only feeling that everything became dark before his eyes.

Elder Rong hurriedly supported him, “Chief, are you alright?”

Only in an instant, Wu Fufang looked much older, and he waved his hand in agony, “I’m alright. Go take care of the injured. As for other things, we will talk about it later.”

“Yes.”

Elder Rong first sent the injured back to their rooms for recovery and then arranged people to bury the dead guards, and then carried the dead masters from West Courtyard back to their home.

After he made all sorts of arrangements and went back home, he heard the news that the second master from West Courtyard and his mother went to Wu Bufang and let him give harsh punishment on the South Courtyard who unsealed such a formidable monster to kill so many people from West Courtyard.

The West Courtyard was not a big division in numbers before. After the fight, it became more desolate.

Wu Bufang and Elder Xian finally managed to pacify the second master from West Courtyard and his mother and sent them back. Then they received the news that the fourth master from East Courtyard went to North Courtyard to have a fight.

“How did this happen?”

Wu Bufang suddenly felt too tired to take care of every single family fight.

“I’m afraid this is our doom. We’d better find a solution, otherwise our whole Wu family will be over.” Elder Rong said.

“It’s only in March. And it’s still a long time before the end of the year. It’s hard to tell what would happen next.” Elder Xian sighed.

Wu Bufang slumped into the chair and didn’t want to move a bit.

“Bufang, write a letter to the Prime Minister. Perhaps he can give us some advice.” Wu Bufang’s wife Yao Shuyuan walked in and said.

“Yes. Yes.” Wu Bufang sat up and told the housekeeper to prepare paper and ink.

At the moment, a servant rushed in, followed by a tall and strong guard, “Chief, someone comes from the imperial capital.”

Wu Bufang nearly jumped out of his chair and asked the guard, “Are you…are you Guard Yao serving the Prime Minister?”

He met this man twice when he visited Wu Chenzi before.

“Yes. In fact, I am from Yao family in the imperial capital. The name is Yao Jinkun, son of Yao Shuzhi. Therefore, I should respect you as my uncle and aunt.” Guard Yao said.

“You are Shuzhi’s son?” Yao Shuyuan was surprised.

She rarely went back to the imperial capital since she got married. Even if she went back to her parents’ house, she couldn’t meet all people from Yao family. Besides, she was a daughter of a concubine. Given that her own background was not noble enough and the man she married wasn’t much so, it was impossible that the entire Yao family would come out to entertain her when she returned to Yao family. Therefore, it made sense that she didn’t know Guard Yao.

“Yes, aunt.”

Yao Shuyuan hurriedly invited him to sit, “May I know what brings you here?”

Yao Jinkun took over the cup of tea from a servant and answered, “The Prime Minister sent me here to bring you a letter.”

Elder Rong and Elder Xian quickly refreshed their spirits on hearing that.

“Has the Prime Minister figured out a solution for the doom of Wu Family?” Wu Bufang asked.

Yao Jinkun looked serious and took out a letter from his pocket and handed it to Wu Bufang, “Uncle, please read it for yourself.”

Wu Bufang quickly opened the envelope and leafed it through. It was not very long and the last words were: divide up the family.

He was stunned and didn’t even notice that the letter had slipped out of his hand

At the same time, Wu Ruo also received a letter from the imperial capital and there were only four words on the letter: Divide up the family.

He smiled slightly and folded the letter slowly.

Although there was no signature indicating who wrote the letter, he knew that it was from the crown prince Ling Mohan.

On the Winter Festival Day when Wu Bufang asked the god and three incense sticks were broken, he had predicted that Wu Bufang would turn to Wu Chenzi for a solution. Therefore, to return the favor that he had helped Ling Mohan, Ling Mohan had to agree to put spies by Wu Chenzi’s side and those spies should give Wu Chenzi a suggestion when did divination about how to solve Wu family’s problem. And the suggestion was, of course, to divide up the family.