chapter 163: The Prime Minister's Birthday Banquet (5)

Since Wu Ruo was still confused, Guan Tong explained, "it might be a secret skill that the State Master is practicing. Only those who have the luck to see it."

She even stressed the words "secret skill". Then she looked up into the sky and changed the subject, "it's about noon. Where are we going to have lunch?"

"I am starving now. Hope we can have lunch as early as possible." Wu Xi put her hands on her abdomen, "I should have finished all the snacks on the carriage."

Since Wu Ruo was thinking in his own world, Guan Tong dragged Wu Xi to somewhere else in the garden to see flowers.

Wu Ruo couldn't help keeping thinking why his mother stressed secret skill. Did it have anything to do with the secret skills in his mind?

It made more and more senses. Was it why he was the only one who could see the gold ray?

But which secret skill was it to enable him to see the gold ray in Wu Chenzi's body? And why did it never happen in last life?

Wu Ruo read the six secret skills thoroughly in his mid and none of them mentioned that he could see a golden ray in human's body. Finally he found Shadow Steal.

Could it be Shadow Steal?

He could remember that his mother once told him to pay extra attention to others while they were practicing skills as a way to improve his own skills.

Was it why he could see the golden ray? Because he stared at Wu Chenzi with full attention when Wu Chenzi was summoning a god?

It made sense to Wu Ruo. He had never succeeded in last life because he had never stared at anyone before. Staring at someone was quite a bit rude.

But it was his guess. He had to go home and have another try on someone else. If it turns out to be true, the Shadow Steal was quite lame. What was the use to see a golden ray running in a human body?

A sudden bang sounded.

Wu Ruo looked over. A maid quickly knelt down before Wu Xi and Guan Tong, said with a loud cry, "sorry, miss. I didn't mean to bump into you. It's my fault. Please forgive me."

Her loud voice attracted a lot of attentions.

Wu Xi was startled by her behavior, "stand up. I forgive."

The maid cried and kowtowed, "please come with me and allow me to change your clothes. If the chief housekeeper knows, he would punish me."

"But..." Wu Ruo looked at Guan Tong.

Guan Tong frowned.

"Please come with me and allow me to change your clothes. If the chief housekeeper knows, he would punish me." The maid kept kowtowing. Soon her forehead was bleeding. The crowd thus considered Wu Xi as a cold-hearted woman because she even turned down a kind-hearted maid.

Wu Ruo came over and said calmly, "if you are worried about the punishment, why are you crying so loud in the first place? You are basically telling the whole world that you made a mistake."

The maid paused a bit to kowtow.

Wu Ruo continued, "besides, my sister has already forgiven you and told you to stand up. And you still keep kowtowing so that people start to judge her. Are you sure that you are apologizing sincerely? Aren't you up to something else?"

The crowd looked at the maid.

The maid explained, "I-I am asking if she could go to change her clothes."

"Change her clothes? Does it mean you have to kowtow and yell? Besides, you are a maid. Do you have any clothes for my sister?"

The maid was embarrassed.

"Go away." Wu Ruo shouted sternly.

The maid insisted kneeling there, pursing her lips.

Without speaking to her any more, Wu Ruo took Wu Xi and Guan Tong away.

"She is still kneeling there." Wu Xi said with a low voice.

"Leave her alone. She is just acting."

"What happened?" Wu Qianqing and Hei Xuanyi asked.

Guan Tong told what happened to them.

It was an obvious plot to Wu Qianqing. The maid must be doing her job to take Wu Xi and Guan Tong to somewhere, "we are lucky that Ruo stopped you going with that maid. Otherwise, there might be something bad happened to us."

"Is-Is that serious?" Wu Xi asked nervously.

Guan Tong sighed, patting her on the shoulder.

"We should go back to the carriage to change your clothes." Wu Ruo said.

Since he received the invitation letter, he had anticipated every possibility that might happen. Therefore, he had prepared a spare set of outfits.

Once they left, the executive housekeeper walked to the maid, "they are gone. No bother to act now."

The maid was worried, "but how about Miss Xue?"

The housekeeper glanced at her coldly, "what a useless loser! Talk to her yourself."

The maid's body trembled and dared not speak again.