chapter 52: Drive People Crazy

When all the people came forward to look at the two contracts with Wu Shi and Wu Bai’s names separately, their fingerprints and Wu family’s seals on them, everyone was stunned.

Wu Xuanran and the others had a bad feeling that they would be found out for stealing the betrothal presents.

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong’s hearts sunk because they already guessed what was going on.

Wu Bufang also looked terrible. On the day that Hei family sent the betrothal presents, he had been told that Wu Xuanran stole some. He didn’t stop them because he also wanted some materials from the presents. Therefore he just turned a blind eye at it. But now Hei family found it.

His grandsons were not prudent at all so that his great-grandsons had the chance to mortgage the magical weapons outside.

He couldn’t keep turning a blind eye any longer.

Bam!

Wu Bufang shouted, slapping on the table, “Where do those contracts come from?”

“Grandfather, they must be fake.” Wu Qiantong missed a heartbeat and argued.

He didn’t believe that his son would be addicted to gambling.

“Yes, it must be fake. It’s impossible that Bai is a gambler.” His wife Dong Mingji said loudly, looking quite emotional.

She knew that Wu Bufang hated anyone of the family gambling. If they knew about her son gambled away the betrothal presents, her son would not only be punished but also hated by Wu Bufang. Therefore, she would never admit it no matter what.

Wu Qianbin looked at his wife Liao Liuyan and asked with eye contact ‘what is going on?’ The magical weapons were locked up in their warehouse. How could his son get them as the mortgage?

Liao Liuyan frowned and then remembered that her son once asked her to open their warehouse earlier. Did he sneak out the magical weapon at that time?

“Fake?” Hei Xin Wu Qiantong and his wife mockingly, “Is Wu family seal fake too? In that case, it would be too easy to forge your seal.”

He was satirizing that anyone could forge the Wu family’s seal, the first family in Gaoling Town. You can imagine how untrustworthy the public security under their control was.

Wu Qiantong’s face turned red because of the sarcasm.

Not to mention that the pattern on the seal was complicated, there was also complicated runes that no one else but Wu family could operate and print on paper. There was no way that anyone could forge it.

“Even if the seal is forged, what about the fingerprint?” Hei Xin asked.

“Maybe Wu Shi and Wu Bai signed the contract under threatening.” Wu Qianbin argued.

“Right. They must be threatened.” Wu Qiantong hurriedly nodded.

Wu Xuanran also started to speak for Wu Qiantong for they didn’t think Wu Shi and Wu Bai would gamble.

Sarcasm flashed in Wu Ruo’s eyes. He knew they wouldn’t confess their mistake.

“Is there anyone who dares to threaten Wu family in the city?” Hei Xin retorted.

“Are you saying that you are confirmed that someone in our family took Ruo’s betrothal presents?” Wu Qianbin said heavily, face sunk.

“I dare not. But you have to know that there are so many witnesses who saw the young lord owing big money to the gambling house and taking the magical weapons into the shopkeeper’s room for mortgaging them. That is solid truth.”

“…” Wu Qianbin.

“As I said, they were threatened. They must be threatened to mortgage them.” Wu Qiantong burst into anger.

“My lord, please take it easy. I just want to show you where I got those magical weapons. I am not discussing if the contracts are forged or not.” Hei Xin smiled.

The crownd, “…”

Wu Qiantong was outraged.

Wu Ruo lowered his head to hide the smile in his eyes.

He discovered that Hei Xin knew it very well how to drive people crazy.