chapter 74: They Are Fighting (2)

“I am not going inside. Let’s set it straight right now right here in front of everyone.” Wu Anrun pointed at Wu Chu with a finger, “Your son flirts with my fiancée Zhuang Qiurong even though he has already known our relationship very well. And he even lied to me that Zhuang Qiurong is ugly and useless so that I would cancel the engagement. Luckily, I went to Huai’an Town myself. Otherwise, he could have me fooled.”

Wu Qianjing looked terribly mad and asked Wu Chu, “Is it true?”

Wu Chu didn’t say a word, meaning that he admitted it in silence.

Wu Qianqing slapped him in the face so hard that Wu Chu immediately felt down on the ground.

Sang Dongyi felt so heartbroken when she saw the blood coming out her son’s mouth, rushed forward and yelled at Wu Qianjing, “Wu Qianjing, before you do that, can’t you just ask the truth?”

Wu Qianjing was got more irritated when his own wife directly called his full name, “Fine. You ask him yourself what see what’s going on.”

“Chu, tell us what’s going on.” Sang Dongyi helped Wu Chu up.

Wiping the blood at the corner of his mouth, Wu Chu explained, “Mother, I didn’t tr y to steal my cousin’s fiancée. In fact, I have known Qiurong way earlier before their engagement.”

“Yeah, it it true you knew each other before we were engaged. But after we were engaged, shouldn’t you keep yourself away from her to avoid any unnecessary suspicion? But you didn’t. You were even closer to her. You even set traps to sabotage my reputation to mislead my future father-in-law to hold the idea that I am a dirty man and then to cancel the engagement. You are such a despicable man.”

“Chu, is it true?” Sang Dongyi asked, face sunk.

Wu Chu, once again, admitted in silence.

At that time, he took wrong advice from someone else to throw Wu Anrun into a brothel to mislead Zhuang family to think Wu Anrun was not a reliable man.

“Chu, how can do such a thing?” Sang Dongyi said angrily.

“He even dares to silence people now. Is there anything that he wouldn’t do?” Wu Anrun sneered.

“When did I kill anyone?” Wu Chu was shocked.

Wu Anrun retorted, “Now you are denying it? If it hadn’t been for my luck, I wouldn’t have been able to come back home alive. Wu Chu, I would never just let it go. I will tell great-grandpa and you will get your punishment. Let’s go.”

He then turned around and left the South Courtyard with his own people.

Wu Qianjing shouted at Wu Chu, “Aren’t you ashamed of yourself? Get the hell out of here.”

At that moment, Lu Ziding walked in and said, “Father-in-law, if you’ll excuse me, I need to go now.”

Before Wu Qianjing said anything, he already turned around and walked away.

Wu Qianjing was stoned.

His son-in-law used to respect him very much. How could he be so impolite today?

Wu Min hurriedly chased after him, “Ziding, Ziding, wait for me.”

Wu Chu then also left since he really had no face to stay.

Sang Dongyi hurriedly called him, “Chu, Chu, where are you going?”

Wu Qianjing yelled, face darkened, “Fine! Just go! All of you! You’d better never come back!”

He dragged Sang Dongyi all the way to Shujing Yard angrily and ordered the servants to shut the door close, not giving a chance to others to laugh at them.

Wu Qianli and Wu Qianbin exchanged an eye contact and went back to their own yards.

Wu Qianqing and his family went back to Shuqing Yard.

Wu Xi wondered, “A servant told me that Min and Ziding are going to spend a few days at Wu family. But why are they leaving today?”

Wu Ruo’s eyes sparkled brightly. It seemed that the ginseng worked.

In last life, Wu Qianjing kept bragging how great the jade Buddha Lu Ziding sent as New Year gift. The truth was that the jade Buddha was only worth a thousand taels of silver, but he already cherished his son-in-law as his own son. At the time, so many people were jealous that he had maintained such a kind relationship with his son-in-law.

That was why he sent Wu Qianjing a ginseng as the New Year present that was worth ever more than the jade Buddha. He had anticipated that Wu Qianjing would assume the gift would be valuable materials, and would get so mad when he opened the gift box to find out it turned out to be only a ginseng. And therefore, he would judge him for being stingy. Although he didn’t mean Lu Ziding, Lu Ziding would take it seriously anyway. One thing led to another. Then he could sow discord between Lu Ziding and his father-in-law.

Wu Zhu tapped Wu Xi’s head gently, “Xi, why are you always curious about everything?”

“I am just saying. I also wonder how great-grandfather deals with Chu after Anrun tells on him.”

“Would you like me to send you there to find the answer?” Wu Zhu teased her.

“I am not going to see great-grandfather.” Wu Xi hurriedly shook her head.

Guan Tong who had been waiting for them to come back asked, “Have you found out why they had a fight?”

Wu Xi then briefed the whole story.

“It’s none of our business. We’d better keep away from it.” Wu Qianqing sighed.

In recent days, he had been further away from his brothers. If he was involved, trouble would follow. It would be for the best if he stayed away.

“I agree with dad.” Wu Zhu nodded.

Wu Ruo didn’t make any comment. But after he had dinner and was about to leave Wu mansion, he was told that Wu Chu was having a trouble with people in a restaurant and later his spiritual land was destroyed.