chapter 155: An Invitation Letter (1)

After breakfast in the morning, Wu Ruo gave the blue jade pendant he bought the day before to Wu Xi and told her to wear it around her waist, “You should go out more often recently. It’s for the best if you can remember every corner of this place. Just take a casual stroll around. But bring a couple of guards with you. Get it?”

Since Wu Xi was going to stay in the capital for a long while, it would be better for her to get to know this place faster and better. Therefore, she went out with a few guards.

While it meant different to Wu Qianqing. He asked Wu Ruo, “why did you tell her to do that?”

“I am looking for a master Shifu for Xi to learn cultivation skills.” Wu Ruo smiled.

In last life, Wu Yu paid five thousand taels of silver on the blue jade pendant. Just because of that, he got to know the most promising person in Wu family and learned from him later.

That person was Wu Chenzi’s peer and his name was Wu Chenliu. He was expelled from the Wu family because he turned down the marriage arrangement but instead married a girl who was from a mediocre family. Otherwise, he would be the head of the Wu family in the imperial city. The jade pendant once belonged to Wu Chenliu’s late wife. He cherished it very much but lost it by accident. He had been looking for it for years and finally had found that Wu Yu had it.

But in this life, the person Wu Chenliu would teach was no longer Wu Yu.

“How is it possible to find a master Shifu just by going out on the street?” Guan Tong was curious.

“If they are meant to be teacher and student, they will meet.” Wu Ruo said.

“…” Guan Tong.

“Did you cast any spell on the pendant?” Wu Qianqing asked.

Otherwise why would the teacher-to-be take Wu Xi as his pupil for no reason?

“Father, what are you thinking? If the master Shifu could fall for my spell so easily, I don’t think he is qualified.” Wu Ruo rolled his eyes.

It made sense to Wu Qianqing. Well. He would be fine with every possibility as long as Wu Ruo wasn’t harming anyone.

Wu Ruo didn’t want his father to plumb. He excused for leaving and went to find the big monster in Eggie’s yard.

As soon as he entered the yard, he heard Jixi’s voice, “I will teach you the Technique of Monster Miasma…”

Wu Ruo frowned and trotted toward them. Eggie was all ears at Jixi’s teaching. He interrupted them, “Jixi, did you just say that you are teaching him Technique of Monster Miasma? Are you going to teach him skill from your clan?”

Jixi flew into the sky and stopped until he was at the same height of Wu Ruo, “Eggie has a special talent at learning our skills. And also at learning demons’ and ghosts’ skills. And he is very smart and a faster learner. It’s his honor to learn from me.”

“…” Wu Ruo frowned, “do you know that he can’t use those skills in human world even if he masters your skills. If he does, he would be treated as a member of Monster clan or a weirdo. Even worse, he might be expelled from human world.”

“You human beings have so many rules.” Jixi snorted, turning his back to him.

“I suppose you would be mocked if you learn human skills, wouldn’t you?” Wu Ruo tried to comfort him.

“…” Jixi.

Eggie said, holding Wu Ruo’s leg, “daddy, if you are not happy with me learning monster skills, I won’t learn.”

“I am not unhappy. I am worried that you would be loathed if you use monster skills in front of others.” Wu Ruo held him up into his arms.

“Can I learn the sills but not show others?” Eggie asked.

“Do you want to learn?” Wu Ruo asked.

“I can do bad things once I learn them.” Eggie nodded excitedly.

“…” Wu Ruo.

“He is basically one of us.” Jixi giggled.

Wu Ruo put Eggie Down and didn’t stop them anymore. As far as he knew about Jixi, even if he stopped them, Jixi would secretly teach Eggie behind him, “I will go see Hornie now. You have fun.”

“Wu Ruo.” Jixi stopped him.

“Yes?” Wu Ruo looked back.

“Here.” Jixi threw a white medicine bottle to him.

“What is it?” Wu Ruo was curious.

“The prime spirit elixir. It can increase your spiritual power up to next level very quickly.” Jixi snorted, “you are welcome. I am willing to give you because you are Eggie’s daddy. You should take it as soon as possible. Otherwise, with your poor power, anyone here can kill you with a finger.”

The real reason he gave Wu Ruo the elixir was that he didn’t want to owe the family too much because he stayed here for free. Besides, Wu Ruo was very generous and kind to him. He even bought gifts for him.

Wu Ruo was surprised by the offer but still accepted the gift and thanked him smilingly, “thank you.”

In last life, Jixi had given him the same elixir too. It was a kind of tonic medicine which could bring his power to the next level. In last life, thanks to the elixir, he promoted from 5th level to 6th immediately. There were nine levels of spiritual power, whereas only a few had cultivated up to nine. As a cultivator of 6th level, he had been quite good. That was why he was surprised that Jixi would give him the elixir so early. After all, it was a quite valuable and rare thing.