chapter 50: This is...

After Wu Ruo made some arrangements, all of them, including Hei Xin, Hei Gan, the guards, Wu Shi, Wu Bai and Shopkeeper Yu went together to Wu family.

When they arrived at Wu family, Hei Xin left Wu Shi, Wu Bai and Shopkeeper Yu in the carriage with four guards keeping an eye on him, then they came to Shuqing Yard with Wu Ruo.

Wu Qianqing and Guan Tong were surprised with such a big crowd, “Ruo, this is…”

Wu Ruo gave Hei Xin a signal.

“Good day, sir and madam.” Hei Xin greeted them and took out the Corpse Bone Dragon Nail and Ghost Flute, “have you seen these two magical weapons before?”

“No.” Wu Qianqing took a closer look and shook his head.

“Are you sure?”

“Pretty much.”

Hei Xin then said, “I wonder if you mind showing me the list of the betrothal presents that we have sent.”

Wu Qianqing checked with Wu Ruo who nodded and asked the butler Wu Xu to take out the list of the betrothal gifts.

As Hei Xin took the list, he suddenly narrowed his eyes. Although he heard that someone in Wu family had stolen some of the betrothal presents, he never imagined most of them had already been lost. And some of them were even replaced with some lesser items.

“Sir, madam, would you mind coming with me to meet your chief?”

“Is there anything wrong with the list?” Wu Qianqing asked as he looked at Wu Ruo at the same time.

Hei Xin gave the list back to Wu Qianqing and told him to bring it with him, “You will know when we see the chief.”

Wu Qianqing nodded as Hei Gan said it seriously. He and Guan Tong then left Shuqing Yard with Hei Xin and others.

On the way, Hei Xin asked Wu Qianqing to send a servant to invite Wu Xuanran and Wu Qianjing brothers and their wives altogether to Bujin Yard.

Wu Bufang, who was about to have a lunch break, dare not neglect Hei Xin. After all Wu Chenzi already told him to entertain anyone from Hei family well.

When he came to the hall and saw a group of people standing in the middle of the hall with Hei Xin as the lead, he had some kind of bad feeling.

Wu Bufang came into the hall with a smile, “Steward Hei, welcome to my humble place. What is it so important to bother you to come in person?”

Hei Xin returned a polite salute to Wu Bufang and said, “chief Wu, I will tell in details when everyone is here.”

“More people will be coming?” Wu Bufang picked up his brows.

“Yes.”

Wu Bufang then asked them to take a seat.

Hei Xin didn’t forget he was only a servant not because Wu Bufang was being very polite to him. Therefore, he stood respectfully by the side of Wu Ruo.

Wu Bufang took the chance to ask Wu Qianqing and Wu Ruo why Hei Xin came with eye contacts.

Both of them shook their heads, showing that they also had no clue.

Before long, Wu Xuanran, Wu Qianjing, and Wu Qianli came with their wives. And soon Wu Qianbin and Wu Qiantong who had gone out for patrol early in the morning also came in a hurry with their wives.

All of them were surprised to see Hei Xin and Wu Qianqing and others in the hall.

“Chief Wu, now everyone is here.” Hei Xin smiled.

“Can you tell us what this is for now?” Wu Bufang asked with a mild tone.

“Before I explain what I am here for, I would like to show you something.” Hei Xin took out the Ghost Flute and Corpse Bone Dragon Nail and put them on the table, “I wonder if you recognize those two magical weapons.”

Wu Qianbin, Wu Qiantong and their wives were startled at the moment they saw them. They almost slipped off their chairs.

Aren’t they the magical weapons they stole from Wu Ruo’s betrothal presents? Why are they in Hei Xin’s hands?

The rest apparently had no clue what they were.

“This is…” Wu Bufang frowned.