chapter 145: Leave the Town (1)

Wu Qianqing didn't know that Wu Xuanran had came to visit him. At that night, he had received the news that Wu Xuanran's legs were chopped off in the fight against Wu Qiantong.

It took Wu Qianqing a long while to process it. He had never thought his father and his brother had come to this far. He could have gone over to pay a visit how he was doing, but he was worried that his care was not valued at all. Therefore, he sent a few bottles of medicine and never mentioned it again.

This situation was not positive for the North and East Courtyard. After each courtyard lost one junior in their fights, they finally called a truce. But deep inside their hearts, the hatred grew stronger.

Since it was beyond Wu Bufang's control, he locked the Wu family with weapons and formations to keep out all the troubles before he and the elders and their families left for the imperial capital for a while.

When Wu Ruo learned the news, Hei Xuanyi was teaching him to practice swords.

"You are a perfect match, man with talent and woman with beauty." Hei Xin said, watching them at the doorway.

It would be even better if Hei Xuanyi took off his fake mask. They must be the most beautiful couple he had ever seen. The teacher was tall and imposing and the student shorter than the teacher was nestling in the teacher's arms. Although the student was not as strong as his teacher, his face was out of the world beautiful. When they were together, they were perfect for each other.

"Uncle Xin, who are you referring to when you say woman with beauty." With taking more cultivation and herbal bath, plus his experience from last life, Wu Ruo's spiritual power was improved a lot. Now he could hear from quite a long distance.

"Sorry. It's my mistake. Man with beauty, it is." Hei Xin said with a smile.

"You are going to get a punishment for the mistake. Hei Xuanyi, stab him." Wu Ruo said, pointing the sword at him.

Hei Xuanyi was surprised. Putting one arm around Wu Ruo's waist and holding Wu Ruo's with the other hand, they flew up and sprinted swiftly toward Hei Xin.

"Ma'am, my apologies. I am no match for his lordship." Hei Xin ran for his life.

Wu Ruo and Hei Xuanyi landed on where Hei Xuan had stood before. He said with a laughter, "Uncle Xin, we are not going to stab you. Come back and practice with us."

"I give up." Hei Xin shouted as Hei Xuantang passed by, "master Xuantang, help."

"What's going on?" Hei Xuantang asked.

"They are challenging me for a fight. But I am not a good match at all." Hei Xin said.

Hei Xuantang was intrigued by the challenge. Taking out a fan from his pocket, he said, "Hei Xin, let's team up against them."

"It's even better. You team up." Wu Ruo was so happy with the change. Suddenly, he had a heart seizure and his grip lost strength. The sword fell out of his hand.

The sound of the sword falling caught the attention of the three.

Hei Xuanyi was the first one to notice something went wrong with him. His heart sunk. Very quickly, he carried Wu Ruo back to room and put him on a chair, "what's with you?"

As he asked, he examined Wu Ruo's body with spiritual power but didn't feel anything wrong.

Hei Xin and Hei Xuantang rushed in.

"Is he alright?"

"Isn't he feeling uncomfortable?"

Wu Ruo felt complicated to be cared with full heart by so many people.

Since Wu family got separated, he had concentrated on cultivation with full attention. At the same time, he had also observed how Hei family treated him because he still had doubts about the marriage. After observing the Hei family for a while, he was pretty sure that the family was wholeheartedly kind to him and his own family. They were completely sincere to him. He had a complicated feeling of being willing to trust them back versus worrying that they would treat him eventually as Ruan Zhizheng did to him. That was why he was reluctant to be open-hearted to Hei Xuanyi.

The major reason was that Hei Xuanyi hadn't told him yet why he married a big fat man.

"I am fine. It was just a heart seizure. I feel that something bad happened."

He wasn't lying. For a moment, he did have a bad feeling.

"Are you too tired of having much sword practice, cultivating and herbal bath? Perhaps you can take one day off and restore your energy." Hei Xin suggested.

Hei Xuanyi carried Wu Ruo onto bed right away, took off his outfit and tucked him in.

Wu Ruo tried to ease his tension, "I assure you that I am fine."

He was absolutely sure that he was not sick.

"Rest now." Hei Xuanyi stopped him from getting up and said with a tough attitude.

"I am not sleepy." Wu Ruo came up with an idea, "perhaps I can sleep if you can tell me a bedtime story."

"..." Hei Xuanyi hated to let him down especially Wu Ruo was expecting it with sparkling eyes, "what kind of story?"

"The kind of story the storyteller said at the restaurant."

"Never heard of it."

"..." Wu Ruo.