chapter 89: Hungry Ghost Festival (1)

Wu Ruo’s mind had been obsessed with the bad dream and the fear and aftershock that Hei Xuanyi was burnt into ashes had been lingering in his mind. What bothered him was why he was so scared, sad and painful to see Hei Xuanyi disappeared before his eyes. Hadn’t he hated Hei Xuanyi all the time?

“Daddy, why are you staring at father like that?” Eggie asked, lying on his lap.

Wu Ruo had been staring at Hei Xuanyi since he got out of bed, even during breakfast, and now in the carriage, as though he would never see enough of him.

Wu Ruo then came to his sense and saw Hei Xuan’s faintly smiling eyes.

“Ahem, he is my husband. Do I need a reason to look at him?” He said awkwardly.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

“But I am your son. Why don’t you look at me more?” Eggie pouted.

“I am looking at you now. Is that ok?” Wu Ruo pinched his little face, only finding him so cute, “When I am fit enough, I will hold you in my arms every day.”

Eggie threw himself at Wu Ruo’s soft belly, giggling.

“Where are we going now?” Wu Ruo looked up at Hei Xuanyi and asked.

“In the morning, we are going to the temple fair, ice cart in the afternoon and festival lanterns in the evening.” Hei Xuanyi said briefly.

“You’ve already made a plan?”

“Hmm.”

The carriage stopped and Hei Gan’s voice sounded outside, “My lord, there are too many people ahead. Our carriage cannot get through.”

“We can walk through.” Wu Ruo said.

Hei Gan parked the carriage in a nearby alley.

As soon as Wu Ruo got out of the carriage, he saw a crowd outside, “It is really live today in the streets.”

Hei Xin who got out of the other carriage said, smiling, “All thanks to the sunny and comfortable weather today.”

It had been either snowy or cloudy since the New Year. It was exceptionally sunny today. Therefore, people all flocked out to enjoy the warm sunshine and breathe some fresh air.

Holding Eggie up in his arms, Hei Xin gave a wink to Hei Gan, Shiyuan, and other personal bodyguards.

They all got the hint, gave each other a smile and stepped out of the alley following Hei Xin.

Wu Ruo froze there, “Where are you going? Aren’t you supposed to help me walk?”

In fact, he had lost much weight now, and he could also walk on his own without any help. But he still needed to stop to catch a breath after walking for a while. Besides, there were so many people outside today. He might get tripped up.

“Butler Hei said that we will have one day off today. The master can take care of you.” Shijiu jerked to answer.

“…” Wu Ruo.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

They exchanged an eye contact.

As all the servants were out of their sight, Wu Ruo thought, since they couldn’t stand there staring at each other forever,

he stretched out a hand, “Come on, take care of your wife.”

“…” Hei Xuanyi held his hand, and couldn’t help pinching I gently. There was not as much fat as before but instead, it felt extremely good and soft.

Wu Ruo glanced at him, pretending not to notice his action.

When they got out of the alley, Hei Xin and the others were waiting for them at the alley entrance, smiling at them.

“Father, sugarcoated haws, please.” Eggie shouted.

A sugarcoated haws vender just walked past Hei Xuanyi. Hei Xuanyi said, “Pay.”

Hei Gan paid the vendor a small ingot of silver.

The vendor gave all the sugarcoated haws to Hei Gan and thanked him.

Hei Gan took one stick of sugarcoated haws and gave it to Eggie, “Too many. How can you finish them all?”

“It’s perfect sufficient. We can have one each.” Hei Xin smiled.

Hei Gan gave one to Hei Xuanyi.

Hei Xuanyi hesitated as he had never eaten such a thing, after hesitating a bit, he took a small bite. Then he frowned, “Too much sugar.”

Seeing he was going to throw it away, Wu Ruo hurriedly stopped him, “Don’t waste it. I can have it.”

He was a big fan of sugarcoated haws.

“But I had a bite already.” Said Hei Xuanyi.

“You sound like I haven’t tasted your saliva before.” It just slipped out of Wu Ruo’s mouth.

“…” Hei Xuanyi.

It was then when Wu Ruo realized what he just talked. His face was blushing and hot immedietaly. He forgot that the last kiss they had was in previous life already.

He grabbed the sugarcoated haws from Hei Xuan and had a bite to cover up his awkwardness.

Hei Xin and the others were smiling covering their mouths.

Hei Gan gave each of them, including himself, astick of sugarcoated haws.

Passersby could not help but gave them a strange look because a large group of men holding a stick of sugarcoated haws were spectacularly magnificent. Besides, the boy was exceptionally beautiful, really eye-catching.

Before Eggie finished his share of sugarcoated haws, he shouted again, “Father, I want a kite.”

“Pay.” Hei Xuanyi said while cast a glance at those kites.

Again, Eggie pointed the toys in a stall nearby, “Father, I also want that sugar man.”

“Pay.”

“Father, I want those doughnuts.”

“Pay.”

“Father, I want…”

Before, he finished the sentence, Hei Xuanyi already said, “Pay them all.”

All the children on the street looked Eggie with jealous expression.