chapter 193: Don't Be Silly (1)

The young man dropped the sword to help the old lady walk in, "Grandma, why do you come here?"

"My daughter-in-law died terribly. How can I not come and seek the truth?" The old lady wiped tears with her silk handkerchief and roared, "who is it? Who killed my daughter-in-law? Xiang, my son, you have to find out who is behind this. Or I would be ashamed to see her parents after I die."

Ren Xiang said pointing at Wu Qianqing, "grandma, it's him who ordered the assassinates to kill my father. He killed my mother."

"You mean him? I will kill this bastard!" The old lady swung her walking cane at Wu Qianqing but suddenly stopped. She had a closer look at Wu Qianqing and said, "no. Not him."

The others were shocked.

"Mom, what are you saying?" General Ren asked.

"He didn't kill Haiyun." The old lady was sure, "I was there to see it. This man showed up after the men in black killed our guards and Haiyun. It was him who killed the men in black to save my life. He passed out afterward. And I lost my consciousness because of the great agony of losing Haiyun."

Guan Tong cried, "I told you it was not my husband. You didn't believe me. Now that this madam testifies it, you believe it now."

Wu Ruo was relieved.

Luckily the old lady witnessed the truth and testified that his father didn't kill the General's wife.

Assistant Zheng frowned, "Am I mistaken? When I arrived the backyard, his sword was in the lady's body and he fell down next to her ladyship. I questioned the other men in black and they said they followed this man's order."

Wu Ruo said, "apparently someone made my father take the blame because he saved this madam."

Wu Chenzi said, "I agree. It must be a plan to alienate Wu family against General Ren."

General Ren roared despite the great pain he was carrying, "assistant Zheng, go and interrogate these men in black!"

"Yes, General."

As Assistant Zheng finished his words, the men in black fell down on the floor with dark blood out from their mouths.

Ling Mohan's guard went up to have a check, "your highness, they are dead from taking poison."

"Does it mean my father is innocent? Why would he save this madam if he meant to kill anyone in General Ren's family?"

"But why did he show himself here since he was in Wu family?" Ren Xiang asked.

Wu Ruo glanced at him, "at that time my father was in my great great grandfather's place, only on the other side of the wall. Perhaps my father went over to help you because he heard something. But you took him for an assassin."

"..." Ren Xiang.

The second prince had a look at Ling Mohan and said, "brother, do you think Wu family is behind the assassination action?"

Ling Mohan snorted coldly but felt relieved for Wu Ruo.

If the murder were proved to be Wu Ruo's father, the emperor would behead the whole family.

Wu Ruo asked General Ren, "General Ren, can my father leave now?"

General Ren frowned, covering his painful chest, "yes, you can. But before the truth comes out, your father has to be available for helping us to find the real murderer."

"No problem, only if my father can come around." Wu Ruo nodded.

"I will send a doctor to see your father."

"Don't worry about that. We have our own doctor back at home. If you'll excuse us, we need to go now."

Wu Ruo said goodbye to Wu Chenzi and others.

Hei Xuanyi went to carry Wu Qianqing to leave the General's mansion and then left with Wu Ruo.

"Qianqing, Qianqing. Wake up." Guan Tong tried to wake Wu Qianqing once they got in the carriage.

"Mom, we'd better wait to wake dad once we get home." Wu Ruo said.

Guan Tong nodded.

Ling Mohan, the second prince and Wu Chenzi couldn't leave because they still got something to do.

"Grandpa, what..." Wu Weixue had a look at the men in black, "what's going on?" Wu Chenzi squinted, coldness in his eyes, "I am confused too. But we should catch it later back at home."

"Then excuse me for leaving now." Wu Weixue went back to Wu family and happened to run into Wu Yanli who just walked out of her yard, "where are you going at such a late night?"

Without looking directly into Wu Weixue, Wu Yanli said, "just have a stroll in the front yard."

"I bet you are thinking if you are lucky enough to meet the man you saw today. Am I right?"

Wu Yanli was embarrassed and shy because that was exactly on her mind.

Wu Weixue really wished she could slap Wu Yanli in the face, especially when Hei Xuanyi talked something nice about this bitch she wished she could tear her face apart, "Wu Yanli, this man is mine. Don't you ever have a thing for him! Next time when you see him, he might be your uncle."

Wu Yanli's face went pale.

Wu Weixue was happy to vent her anger out and left arrogantly.