chapter 118: You Are A Liar (2)

As Dong Mingji was about to say something…Bam! Wu Bufang pounded the table and spat, “Enough! I just said that we shouldn’t suspect anyone before things are made clear. Do you take my words as bullshit?”

Dong Mingji still wouldn’t give up, “Grandfather, Wu Ruo and his husband can’t leave until we find out the truth. Everyone, what do you say?”

Liao Liuyan hesitated a bit and nodded at Ruan Lanru and others.

At the moment, a guard ran in excitedly, “Chief, master Qianjing and Qianli are back.”

Everyone’s eyes were beaming except for Wu Qianqing and Wu Ruo. Their backbones were home!

Before long, Wu Qianjing and Wu Qianli rushed in and asked, “Is everybody alright?”

Dong Mingji moved before her husband and complained tearfully, “Qiantong, save me and our son.”

Wu Qiantong was startled by Dong Mingji’s blue and dark face. He went forward to help her get back on her feet, “We’ve been informed of what has happened. How are you feeling now? Are you alright?”

“It hurts all over the body. I feel like I am dying.” Dong Mingji leaned weakly on him, “Qiantong, quite a few servants died last night, but we could do nothing. I am so scared. Qiantong, tell Wu Ruo to give us the antidote. Otherwise, me and your son will both die soon.”

Wu Ruo sneered.

Wu Qiantong had a look at Wu Ruo but he didn’t stamp with fury like before or forced Wu Ruo to hand out the antidote. But still he didn’t look very well.

“It’s not Wu Ruo.” He said heavily.

Dong Mingji was stunned.

So was everyone else.

“Didn’t the North Courtyard have a new guest?” Wu Qianjing asked.

Dong Mingji and others were puzzled because they had been staying at home for recuperation lately. So they didn’t notice that.

But Wu Xi thought of Ba Se right away.

Wu Bai, who was lying in the chair, took a deep breath out of pain and said, “It’s true that they have a guest. That man is very strangely dressed. His robe is made of feathers. There are patterns under the corner of his eyes. Wearing a few feathers over his head. Looking gloomy and evil from tip to toe.”

“Then that’s him. On our way back, we heard that they have a guest who dresses strangely. Some even recognized that he is a Tame Head master from the southeast. He is good at evil skills of bewitched worms. We were so worried about you after hearing that. So we rushed home at full speed. But as soon as we got home, we heard the bad news. Based on my guess, I think it should be him.”

Right after the North Courtyard invited such a guest, the South Courtyard was cast with bewitched worms. Who else could it be? But if it hadn’t been him, he would also probably have suspected Wu Ruo.

Wu Bufang was surprised that things changed so suddenly. But according to Wu Bai, that strange man was quite possible to be a Tame Head master from southeast.

Wu Qianli approached Wu Bufang and begged, “Grandpa, please take him here for interrogation.”

Wu Ruo lowered his eyes to hide the shrewdness in them from others.

Wu Bufang frowned. It was not appropriate to take the man under control before they had any solid evidence. However, now that the South Courtyard was in such a difficult situation, more people would die without his help.

He sighed, feeling exhausted. The last thing he wanted to see was the two courtyards fell apart and become incompatible as fire and water.

“I will send someone to bring him here now.”

Wu Bufang sent his cronies to go to the North Courtyard.

Unexpectedly, Ba Se had already left the North Courtyard, which further made the South Courtyard believe that the murderer was him. The entire South Courtyard was outraged that the North Courtyard was so brutal trying to kill them all.

“Since he has left, what about the bewitched worms on us? We could die very soon.” Dong Mingji cried.

“Ruo, don’t you know a wizard? Can you ask for his help?” Ruan Lanru said to Wu Ruo.

The others all looked at Wu Ruo with expecting eyes.

“Not to mention that the wizard has already left. Even if he hasn’t, I wouldn’t ask him to help you. Because I am worried that you would blame me for everything if he fails. And you would blame me for not trying my best or causing you more pain. Or you might assume that the wizard might harm you on purpose. I am sorry. I can’t take the responsibilities. You should turn to someone else. Xuanyi, let’s go.” Wu Ruo said calmly.

Hei Xuanyi, holding Wu Ruo in his arms, walked out of the hall under others’ unbelieving eyes.

“Wu Ruo. Wu Ruo…” Dong Mingji was so afraid of dying like this. She cried, “We are wrong. It’s our fault. We misjudged you. We apologize. Can you forgive us for the sake that we are family?”

“Ruo, we took you wrong just now. We wronged you because we were too scared.” Ruan Lanru said with a begging tone she barely used.

However, no one responded.

Dong Mingji said to Wu Qiantong anxiously, “Qiantong, you are his uncle. Can you ask him to get a wizard for us? You don’t want us to die like this, do you?”