chapter 186: You Are Male (2)

Wu Ruo was shocked at Cuckoo's voice, "you are male?"

"What makes you think I am female?" Cuckoo was speechless.

"You hatched Eggie. I thought you are female."

"..." Cuckoo.

"Why have you never spoken when you can?" Wu Ruo asked.

"I got used to it."

"...Fine." Wu Ruo asked, pointing at the transparent liquid on the fake skin, "you know what this is? Is it monster's saliva?"

"It is monster's saliva. But among so many monsters in the world, we need time to find out which one it came out." Cuckoo said.

"Great. You are in charge of it. It would be even better if you can get some."

Cuckoo hesitated and said, "If you really want to look into it, I have to go to the monster clan. And I need the lord's permission."

"Permission for what?" Hei Xuanyi walked out of the study and happened to hear their conversation.

"I am asking Cuckoo to investigate the saliva on the fake skin in monster clan. But he said he needs your permission." Wu Ruo said.

"Make it quick." Hei Xuanyi nodded.

"Cuck..." Cuckoo slapped its wing excitedly.

Eggie begged, holding Wu Ruo's gown, "daddy, I want to go too."

"No." Wu Ruo refused. If he went to the monster clan, the world would be in a chaos.

"Daddy." Eggie looked at Wu Ruo with puppy eyes.

Wu Ruo didn't have the heart to say no to a face looking so much like Hei Xuanyi. He looked away and said, "talk to your father."

"No." Hei Xuanyi gave him a hard no.

Eggie was intimidated by Hei Xuanyi that he didn't dare to ask twice.

Wu Ruo picked him up and said, "let's go and have dinner."

Cuckoo flew away and three days later came back with a bucket of saliva.

"It's the venom of Saliva Snake."

"Are there many Saliva Snakes in monster clan?" Wu Ruo asked.

"Not many. There are only 32 Saliva Snakes in the whole family. One was taken away by human beings one year ago. There are only 31 left."

"Thank you." Wu Ruo came up with an idea and thanked.

He took the snake's saliva into the alchemy room for study. When he came out again, he handed over what he studied to Hei Yang, "please give this to Ling Mohan and tell him..."

Wu Ruo whispered into Hei Yang's ear.

Hei Yang nodded and disappeared. Very soon, he came back, "Ling Bohan said that he has insinuated the doctor betrayer that Wu Weixue was suffering from bewitched worms. This morning the Wu family had hired an expert to clear the worms for Wu Weixue. Now she comes around and the wound his lordship made is cured as well."

Hei Xin was confused.

"I don't get it. You went unconscious because of Wu Weixue. Why did you tell Wu family her real issue so that she can get proper medical treatment?"

Wu Ruo was speechless that everyone assumed that he went into coma because of what Wu Weixue did. And he couldn't find a better way to explain it/

"It's obvious that someone is using Wu Weixue against us. Although the Wu family are not a friend at all, I still don't want others to take advantage of the situation. In this way, I can bait the man who casted the bewitched worms on Wu Weixue. Besides, things can't proceed without Wu Weixue."

"Are you saying that the one who casted the worms is the one who cleared it?" Hei Yang guessed.

"Yes. The person must find another way to approach Wu family to fight against us since his early way didn't work out. Go and investigate this man. What else did Ling Mohan tell you?"

"He told me that Wu Chenzi looks tired recently. He must have consumed a lot of energy to cure the Wu family in Gaoling city. But the Wu family in Gaoling city are so greedy that they demand Wu Chenzi to find some valuable medicine they barely need. Worse than that, if they don't feel better than the previous day, they would make a big scene. The reason why they are bold to do this is because the imperial decree in your hand. In addition, Ling Mohan sent soldiers to supervise Wu Chenzi. If Wu Chenzi maltreat the Wu family from Gaoling City even a bit, Ling Mohan would report to the emperor. Now Wu Chenzi has used many expensive herbs and elixir on Wu family, which arouses complaints in the Wu family of the Imperial City about Wu Chenzi."

"Ling Mohan must be very happy now?" Wu Ruo's lips curved upward.

"Yes. He just couldn't stop smiling when I went to see him."

"He is that happy for such a small thing? He is easy to be satisfied. Now go and investigate who is the one that casted the bewitched worms and Guard Yao serving Wu Chenzi." Wu Ruo said.

In last life, it was Guard Yao who came to kill him with a Buddhist weapon, departing him and Hei Xuanyi.

"Yes." Hei Yang disappeared right on spot.

A doorman walked in and reported, "my lady, two shopkeepers from the clothing store and jewelry store want to see you. They say that they've finished what you requested for."