Alcohol

Nicole POV

The sun shining through the curtains was the signal to wake up. Only then did I realize those were not my curtains. This sure as hell wasn't my bed. I inched my way slowly, turning over to see a man peacefully resting. Most of his features were hidden behind the brown facial hair.

"Fuuuuuuuck" I whispered under my breath. The past week I kept getting drunk with this guy. Kyle was his name, he had a very unhealthy obsession with cats. Yet somehow drunk me was attracted to this odd behavior and so willing to jump his bones for hours upon end until we would fall asleep. Slowly I attempted to retreat for my clothes and proceed with my walk of shame, yet arms engulfed me, a huff escaping his brims.

"I win... You've slept with me for a week straight you promised if I coaxed into sex for a week you would come see my band and possibly try to get us signed."

"O fucking me for popularity?" I smirked before his lips pressed against mine, our naked bodies tangling together as he pulled me on top of him, lifting my head from his chest.

"No we're fucking for fun... You just lost the bet though."

"Maybe I was planning to lose all along." I tapped his nose before shrugging slightly. "I'll come see, but play something good, because I can't sell you to Virgin records if it's shit."

"We always play something good. Dan knows what he's doing, his writing is amazing." He reached onto his night stand handing me two vinyls.

"Laura Palmer and... Flaws?"

"It's the only two songs we have recorded so far." I groaned slightly and sat them down on the nightstand before getting out of bed and sliding my lingerie back on before my black skirt.

"You're killing me Simmons."

"You're killing me Clark." A laugh escaped me as I tossed his boxers at him before slipping into my blouse then tucking it into my skirt.

"I've got to get to work. When are you all playing?" He slipped his boxers on as I grabbed the records and headed to the kitchen with him right behind me.

"Tomorrow night at 8... The bar you and I keep meeting at..."

"O brilliant." He dropped some bread into the toaster, grabbing the jelly and butter from the fridge. A chuckle escaped him as he approached me, with my heels on I was a hair taller than him.

" That reminds me... What are you doing tonight?"

"Mmm not too sure yet. I'll have to check my schedule." He smirked before twisting his mustache as the toast popped up. It only took a moment for him to lather one with jelly and hand it to me.

" So I'll see you tonight?" He hollered as I walked towards the door.

"Probably!"

"Brilliant! Meet me-"

"I know I know." I laughed before taking a bite of my toast as I walked out the town house door. I climbed into my car, a zippy little black Cadillac. The records placed carefully on the passenger seat. The drive to Virgin records was short if I missed the London traffic, my partner Jenna was always late. It didn't matter though, we always had each other's back. Thankfully I was lucky enough to miss the traffic, rushing into the elevator and taking it up to my office. I hadn't told Kyle how high I was in the company for a reason. I wasn't someone to be played with, though I did always love to play along. My first stop was the coffee machine in my office, popping in a k-cup then pressing the brew button before sitting down and looking over dreary old London. I had been here since birth. My father was from Durban, a hard working man. My mother a show girl in London. My mother ran away with her lover after I was born, my father grew depressed and hung himself when I was a teenager. My brother became a musician his name was Steve. He was dead by 1991 at the age of 30, I didn't know him well, but I was three when he died. Alcohol took his life. He was technically my half brother on my father's side. By 16 I was on the streets alone, selling drugs to buy food and supplies. I started as a DJ on the radio then the company realized I had an ear for talent and shot me to the top. When I was 18 I received all my brother had left me, which was millions. It took so long for his girlfriend to admit she had forged the will. Janna was dragged along with me as my partner in crime to this top position by my request. Now I was living the luxurious life. Penthouses, exotic cars, business trips.

"Ugh... Morning." Janna strolled herself in the door, taking my mug of coffee and beginning to chug the black liquid.

"Nice outfit." I smirked, once again beginning to make coffee, this time without Jenna stealing it.

" You too." She smirked back, sitting down and crossing her legs. "You go home with Kyle again?"

"Yup. Who did you go home with?"

" Your guess is as good as mine." A chuckle escaped her red brims as I added a bit of sugar to my coffee before sitting back and taking a sip.

"You're busy tomorrow night..."

"With what?" Her hues narrowed at me, obviously not pleased with my planning.

"I got news of this band..." I reached for the records and steadied one on the record player.

Walking out into the dark
Cutting out a different path
Led by a beating heart
All the people of the town
Cast their eyes right to the ground
In matters of the heart

" His voice is amazing..." Janna mumbled before sipping on her coffee.

"Mmm imagine that voice whispering sweet nothings in your ear." A smirk crossed my lips slowly. " This is about twin peaks, remember that show on the telly?"

"I don't watch that nonsense." She scoffed before I closed my eyes and hummed along, tapping my heel against the marbled floor. "Can you feel it? Can you feel it?"

"You're gonna sign them aren't you?"

" Maybe. Depends if they sound this good in person."

"They are pretty good... What's the name of the band?" I opened my eyes and grabbed the record cover.

" Bastille... Daniel Smith... Kyle Simmons... William Farquarson, and Chris Wood."

"And Kyle is the guy you're screwing around with...?"

"Was screwing around with..." I huffed before standing and walking to my desk. So this is how the story of our Glory began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, here is another Fanfiction because writing is my thing. First chapter is dedicated to :

_n-y-n-k-e_ surely my most addicted reader. Enjoy trying to follow all these books at once XD