Hidden Family

Dan POV

I can't really begin to describe how the past few days have made me feel. Though seeing your body on the floor and blood pooling from your mouth sort of summed it all up. The media made you out to be a whore and slut. You told me to go because you knew the fall was coming. You knew what the media would make you out to be and you couldn't handle it anymore. By the time we got to the hospital the news had changed from the pictures to you now being in the hospital from a alcohol overdose. Your name was dragged through the mud like a dead animal to the slaughter. In the end you always seemed to protect me before yourself. Why I had no clue. Lorelei joined us in the waiting room, brushing the tears from her cheeks. Then famous faces came walking through the door. Bono from U2, all the guys from your brother's band, Dick, and even Ed Sheeran. The nurses took the dozens of bouquets to your room where they were trying to bring your alcohol levels down. Lorelei seemed to handle most of the talking. Woody and Will did a double take at Bono being here. Hell Kyle was nearly staring.

"I can't bury another bloody Clark." Phil mumbled before rubbing his face. "What the fuck happened Lori...?"

"That guy in the photograph drugged her then blackmailed her... There is more too it, but let's just say she wasn't handling it all well. She hurt someone she loves in that action."

"Steve told me to look after her." Bono mumbled before cursing under his breath.

" He told all of us that.." Joe, one of Steve's old band mates huffed, blinking back tears. " He always said keep me sweet girl sweet." Joe chuckled before brushing a tear away.

"Keep the boys away from me sweet girl." Rick mumbled before laughing.

"I'll haunt your arses if you don't." The other Rick said before laughing weakly. "Back when we were younger media never did this shit..."

"Its all for money." Bono mumbled before looking to me, maybe Kyle. "You're the guy aren't you?"

"Me?" I mumbled.

"We won't tell a soul... But you look the worst out of all of us. You're the bloke Lorelei says she loves eh?" I nodded slowly before looking back down at my hands. Your blood stained my skin like a sin. It was funny in a way how many people cared about you, yet hidden in the shadows. As all of them like you liked their privacy so much. I pulled my phone from my pocket and clicked it on. I stared at Twitter on my phone, my curser blinking as I thought about what to type.

BastilleDan: It has come to my attention that my boss, @NikkiClark has been thrown into the public eye. She's currently in the hospital as we all sit waiting for news--

-- well first off, she was raped. She was drugged and forced. Secondly I won't say anything about the hospital visit tonight as it is her wishes to stay private--

--Lastly we Bastille and all other names under Miss Clark ask that instead of believing the media you believe the truth. Thank you x

Everyones phones pinged as I sat mine down. Then began everyone else's retweet of my post. Bono gave me a nod I think in approval. Phil cracked a smile before turning off his phone. We as artists stood behind her. I stood behind her in another way as her lover. Maybe boyfriend, who knew at this point.

"Miss Clark's Family?" We all stood, Lorelei and I funneled to the front. We were always careful that you and I were never directly associated. That I never stood out more than the others.

"That's all of us."

" Yes well... Miss Clark's blood alcohol level was at .61 when she got here. Records indicated that her brother died at .59... We've made her comfortable and flushed her system dramatically. She's down to .12 now. Which is still very high, but for someone like her it will probably feel very sober. If some of you want to visit her I suggest only one or two people at a time. She is awake. She needs professional help if she is going to try continue down this road. As for her previous injuries, I want her back on those crutches. She'll injury her leg if she persists to not use them."

" Yes ma'am." Phil spoke up and nodded. Lorelei walked with me to your room. Of course she let me go in alone. Just now I noticed your bruised eye and busted lip. You were looking towards the window.

"Nikki?" You jumped slightly and looked to me, I think you were too afraid to say anything so I sat and took a deep breath. "I know.... I know what Ian did to you... I'm sorry you had to go through that... But pushing me away wasn't the answer because I almost just lost the best thing in my fucking life." My teeth nearly grinded together as I looked in your eyes, tears blurred my vision. "So let me know now if you're going to continue to push me away because I'm not going anywhere. I love you and I know you didn't fuckin do to me what Carly did... I saw the pictures... But that wasnt you. You weren't there. I know how you are..." Your eyes filled with tears before sobs broke through. I stood and pulled you into a hug.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry babe..."

"Shhh... I got you... Gosh you scared me... Why? Why did you do that?" I let you go and held your face in my hands.

"I didn't... I just couldn't handle all of this... Giving you up to protect you... The only way I could cope.... Was not being in this mess... Then I saw the photos on the telly and I thought... I thought you wouldn't even dare look me in the eyes anymore... That I was no better than Carly."

"It's okay... Just... No more drinking. Yeah?" You nodded slowly. Yet we both knew it would be a battle. A demon of yours for years of course. I kissed the top of your head before taking a deep breath. "I gotta go in the waiting room while the others visit. I'll sneak back in at the end alright?"

" Yes love..." I kissed your lips a few times. They seemed stained red and the minimal scent of Whiskey was coming from your lips. Then I walked out. Glory was restored...For now.