Ungodly Hour

Dan POV

I kept reading your message over and over again. It didn't help the sinking feeling I kept getting. I was sitting on the tour bus, laying in my bunk and staring at the screen. Kyle's voice could be heard through the curtain along with Will's. They were talking about you. About how fake you were like they originally thought. How it would affect me. I felt like I was Pompeii crumbling to ash.

"Can you all stop?" I opened the curtain and stared at them before climbing out. "Stop shit talking her... It isn't helping." I walked past them and off the bus, wandering into the small venue and sitting in the back on the floor with my back against the wall. What had I done? It didn't make sense why your heart had changed so suddenly. Maybe there was someone better than me. It wasn't difficult to imagine.

"Daniel?" I sighed softly looking up to Janna as she walked into the standing area and sunk to the floor sitting beside me. "I'm sorry... I don't think any of us were expecting this..."

"I don't know what I did wrong..." She pulled me into an embrace and finally it hit me. I rarely cried, but for you I couldn't stop crying. It was silent, yet painful.

"Dan... I don't think /you/ did anything wrong. I think something is wrong with her darling."

" It doesn't matter she's gone... She expects me to act normal at work... As if I don't love her." I moved away from Janna's embrace and brushed the tears off my cheeks.

"I'm gonna go see her tonight... I have a good idea where she'll be and I'm gonna see what going on alright? Like I said Dan, we'll figure it out, but we both know you've done nothing wrong. You're an amazing guy."

"Whatever Janna..." I sighed and stood wandering to the stage. How the fuck was I suppose to feel?

Janna POV

I watched the man with the broken heart wander to his stage. His place of release. They say an artist is always in pain, this was true in his case. I sighed and walked to the exit, passing you along the way.

"How is he?"

"Shattered." I mumbled before taking a deep breath. "I'm gonna go try and find her."

"For what?" You scoffed and leaned against the wall. "So she can break his heart so more?"

"Ky... She's my best friend I think something is wrong..."

"Like?"

"Like she's drinking and making shitty decisions. Do you trust me?"

"Of course." You huffed and took my hand. "Fine... But be careful? Call me if you find her?"

"I will... I love you." I pressed my lips to yours before running off to the bus. Quickly I gathered my purse and signaled for a Uber. Just as I walked off the bus the car pulled up and I climbed inside. "To the Admiral Rodney pub."

"In Sheffield?"

" Yes." The man nodded and entered the location in his GPS. It took about an hour, by the time I arrived it was dark and around 7pm. I paid the man and headed inside then there she sat. Leather jacket and hair cascading down. She was examining a empty whiskey glass before filling it up. Dare I say I stormed over to her and cleared my throat, she didn't even look up.

" What Janna? Come to tell me I'm a bad person?"

"No I've come to knock some sense into you." She chuckled before downing the glass, avoiding to look at me at all costs. " What the fuck is wrong with you?!"

"Janna go..."

"No..."

"Janna..."

"I said no..." I nearly growled my words yet she finally turned and looked me in the eyes. One of her eyes was decorated purple and green from a bruise.

"I said... Fucking go." It took me a moment to realize my mouth was wide open. Her lip was busted on the same side her eye was bruised. Something happened and it was obvious she wasn't going to tell me what yet I was always persistent.

"What happened?" She huffed a laugh before refilling her drink with the nearly empty bottle. " It obviously has something to do with you leaving Dan. I know you still love him."

"I don't... I can't." She sipped at this glass as I sat down and crossed my arms.

"Fine then if you won't talk I'm not leaving. I will sit here everyday and watch you destroy yourself. I'll follow you home and do this every damn day." I was cut short by a black haired blue eyes man grabbing her shoulder after he had just walked in the door.

"Nikki... Is this lady bothering you?" I started getting a sinking feeling in my gut as I watched him sit on the other side of her. Did he leave this mark? Who was he?

"No act like she's not here..."

"Brilliant." He smirked and took a glass from the bar and poured himself a drink. "You've got a week to get my money."

"I told you that you're not getting it..."

" Well then your photos to to the media. How's that sound." She chuckled and stood, looking at the man with the piecing blue eyes.

"Darling I've lost the only good thing I had in my life... You drugged me... You fucked me... You staged those photos. So you know I don't give a shit. I would rather be humiliated than pay a dollar towards your game." Once again I was left in shock. She walked out while I looked straight ahead. This was why she left Dan it all made sense. She had been humiliated and so she felt at fault. Nothing would stop her from saving his perfect image even if it meant her own public humiliation.

" How much for the photos?" I looked to the man as he smirked.

"I take it your press?"

"At least let me see them if I'm interested in buying them?" He chuckled and dug in his jacket sitting an envelope down to which I picked up and opened. Photos of her in his bed naked. Photos of them together. Her eyes looked dazed in all of the photos. It was obvious to me she wasn't even mentally conscious. She was telling the truth. She had been drugged and used like a damn doll. I sat them down and shook my head.

"They're worthless since it's obvious she wasn't very conscious." He took the envelope and shrugged.

"O darling I have plenty of offers already. I can't wait to see it on the news." I huffed and quickly walked out of the bar, looking for any trace of Nikki. She was long gone. The woman whose heart would bleed in her chest to protect the clean image of her lover.