Beauty Moments

Dan POV

You and I were the first to be awake. The ring on your finger caught my eye when I awoke. Your breathing was even as you laid in my embrace. I got to learn your habits last night all over again.

There is a slight limp when you walk, but only someone who knows about your accident would notice. Your bracelet and pinky ring never leave your figure except when you shower. The blonde locks still smell of vanilla. Your eyes seem like they glow when you're excited. Lastly when you sleep your eyes move under your eyelids when you dream. You took a deep breath and moved your head over my heart, your body stretching against mine. I tangled my legs with yours till their was no possible space between us.

"Morning love."

"Morning. How long have you been awake?" You pressed your lips over my heart before scooting up to press your lips to mine.

"Awhile. Admiring my beautiful fiancée." You blushes while stroking my cheek and looking into my eyes before kissing me again. This felt completely right. As if nothing could ever go wrong. You however were a Clark.

"You're goofy. Come on let's get up and have some coffee." You escaped from my grasp and ran out of our room wearing your silk pajamas. I slipped on a t-shirt and walked after you in my blue night shorts. We were in sync constantly. I watched you make my coffee once it was brewed. Just a bit of milk like you knew I liked and more sugar than needed for a person. You on the other hand drank your coffee black. Something that would make me shiver. Every few moments I would catch you looking at your ring. Yet a moment later a frown appeared. "I just realized I will have to tell the world I bought this for myself." Your frown turned to laughter before you sipped at your coffee. " How pathetic of a headline. Nicole Clark buys herself a big shiny ring."

" No, Nicole Clark engaged herself. Says she's too good for a man." I laughed and pulled you closer to the bar stool where I was sitting. "Maybe they'll say something kind for once who knows."

"A compliment to a Clark? Highly unlikely." You smirked before the sound of Kyle yawning as he wandered down the stairs with Janna in tow.

"Gosh do you two ever sleep?"

"Yes, we just don't sleep in." You huffed before wandering to sit by the tree and examining the labels on gifts. Last night you had put out the gifts you had gotten us which were very quickly wrapped. I walked over and sat down sorting the gifts out with you in no particular order. Soon enough everyone joined us in the living room, the smell of everyone's coffee filling the air like a cafe. It wasn't about the gifts at all. In fact Kyle got a bunch of cat shirts. It was about the fact that you didn't have to face this day alone. I had my arm draped over your shoulder as we leamed our backs against the wall, your head falling against my shoulder comfortably. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Surprising me like this. No one has ever done something so nice... So extreme." I chuckled slightly and kissed your temple.

"It's nothing to thank me for Nikki." You just nodded before looking to the others.

"Say why don't we go to the beach? It's a beautiful and warm Christmas day. 85 degrees as the Americans would say." You grinned and rushed off to shower and change as did Will, Janna, and Chrissy.

"I think Richard and I will stay home and watch a good movie or go sight seeing, but you kids have fun." My mother laughed taking her pile of gifts and my father's back to their room. Today seemed like one of those beautiful moments. The commercial break from a nightmare soon to come. The nightmare that would send you and I to curse at each other. The nightmare that would leave your lips pale blue like your eyes.

"Dan?" You pulled me from my thoughts, a red bikini adored your figure. The red in your tattoo matched the bikini. "Snap out of your day dream." You chuckled as I nodded and watched you grab the towels. I changed and being the self conscious twat I am, I put on a shirt and wouldn't take it off till we'd arrived at the beach. It was a mere walk down some crazy states that hugged the cliff. The limp seemed more noticeable as you walked in the sand towards the ocean.

"Be careful love!" I laughed as you began to sprint towards the water after dropping your things in the sand. I ran after and joined you in the water, scooping you in my arms. You were breathless, smiling at me. "Does your leg not hurt?"

"No... A bit sore sometimes but no. Don't worry about me. You worry too much."

"I'll always worry about you. It's my job."

"No your job is to sing to the world and make millions of fans happy." I laughed and kissed your lips that tastes like salt water.

"I wish I could marry you this very moment."

"You can't... Maybe in years down the road... We'll be ready. Your fans will probably try and have me killed, but ah well right?" You laughed. Always calling me the pessimist, yet here you were. Constantly thinking that when we would go public it would be a nightmare.

" Mmm or maybe they'll enjoy calling you Mrs. Smith." You rolled your eyes before pushing me further into the water. This seemed like paradise. Yet for how long could this last? This perfectly imperfect relationship. How long can secrets stay buried beneath the surface? Well it all depends whose a snitch in virgin records. They'd be the reason you and I clash. The reason your lips turn blue like an angel in snow.

------------------

Whaaaat? So what's gonna happen when Pompeii comes out? If you're confused then good. It makes the surprises better.