Sign here

Nicole POV

I was exhausted, resting my eyes while sitting at my desk when a knock came from the other side of the door. A sigh escaping my brims as I opened my eyes then licked my lips.

" Come in..." There you stood with Janna and the rest of your band. Ready for day one so to speak. Everyone looked hung over, especially Janna. You were wearing large and thick glasses. Blind as bat so to speak. A chuckle escaped me as Janna flipped me off.

"You left your wingman behind. You never leave your wingman behind Nikki."

"Sorry I was trying to be sober today plus I thought Kyle had you." I smirked before pressing the intercom button on my desk. "Reece can you bring me the paper work for Bastille?"

" Yes Miss Clark." In a mere minute the short brunette came in with a folder and one of those awful red folders. The issue folder I called it so frequently.

"Mmm what's wrong?" She sighed and opened the red folder.

"Copyright infringement case. 250,000 fine against Bastille."

"Have you- "

"He's on his way already. He says his client is willing to negotiate."

"What's the lawyer's name?" She flipped through the files before scanning a page.

"Jonathan Burrows."

"Ah Burrows... Alright. Let him in when he gets here." Janna sighed and sipped at the coffee she had just made. Meanwhile you and the guys looked scared shitless. 250,000 pounds was a lot of money to you all.

"Who do we owe money? We don't have that kind of money..." Kyle mumbled before Janna chuckled.

"Don't worry Nicole will handle it. You've got big pockets now. See some of your tracks online had bits from other songs. Well when you sign with a record company lawyers get interested. They try and take your money before you make it."

"Don't worry them Janna. It's already taken care of in my mind. They'll be fine." I sat back and examined the paper work before the knock on the door caught my attentjon. Time to play.

"Miss Clark, I'm Jonathan -"

"I know who you are sit down." I put my feet on my desk and took a sip of my coffee. He cleared his throat and sat down adjusting his tie. " What makes you think in your sane mind you're getting 250,000 pounds from my clients? You'll get 50,000 but that's it..."

"What makes you think we'll accept."

"Remember that girl... Claire? I believe she pressed assault charges on you then disappeared. I heard she was relaxing in France with a shit ton of money." I smirked slightly before shrugging. "You wouldn't want anyone to know about your little pay off right?"

"100,000..."

"70,000"

"90,000"

"80,000 and I tell you how I found out."

"Deal." I grabbed the paper on my desk and handed it to him before grabbing my check book.

" Your brother tells a lot of secrets when he's drunk..."

"Dylan or Ray?"

"Dylan was the one I fucked." I smirked glancing up before signing the check and tearing it from the book. "Don't fuck with this check, it's my personal account. I'll cut your fingers off if you attempt to alter it." He chuckled and took the check as I handed it to him.

"How do you know of everyone's secrets yet no one knows yours?"

"I'll let you in on my way of life... It's obvious you're married.... You've got siblings and family. People who know every thing about you yes?"

"Yes."

"Right there is your issue. See I'm not married... I don't have family... My partner here knows me, but doesn't know my past." I stood and wandered in front of my desk. "The only person who knows me is me. All my dirty secrets are mine. Yours.... The more people that know the more the dirt comes out in the wash Mr. Burrows."

"There is one secret you couldn't hide Miss Clark your last name gives it away. You're cursed. Bound to an early death." A chuckle escaped me as I stood.

"Alcohol took my brother's life. I was three, therefore I'm not phased by it." I wandered to the door and motioned for him to leave. "Farrell enjoy your 80,000. Well you'll get roughly 5,000 but ah well." He huffed and shook his head before walking out as I kicked the door closed while turning around. You looked in shock.

" How are we suppose to get 80,000 pounds?"

"It's already taken care of Dan."

"Virgin records paid it?" Woody lifted a brow before Janna chuckled.

"Nicole paid it..."

"Why?" You narrowed your hues at me while I grabbed the paper work from my desk and walked over to the sofas and sat beside you.

"Because 80,000 is nothing. Especially for my clients. You all don't need something hovering over you like a cloud. Now..." I opened the folder and sat back. "I want overjoyed as the first single have that out by the end of April this coming year. Another single by the end of June... Two more singles by Febuary 2013 and we'll get that album out by... Mmm March 2013. Can you all hit those deadline? Once you hit that March deadline if you want to release more singles that is your choice." You looked over the paperwork for a few moments before looking to the three other guys who nodded.

"Yeah this... We can do it."

"Brilliant, go ahead and sign where the x is at the end, but feel free to review it for a few days. Let me show you your studio and introduce you to Dick. He'll be your manager, I'll be behind the scenes, setting your tours and all. I just don't have time to focus on one band at a time. He's super nice." You nodded slowly and stood as did everyone else following me down the hall.

"Clark what room is Ed Sheeran in?"

"Number 5! Make sure he's happy, I don't need him getting upset and storming out two days in a row. Also check on the Artic Monkeys. They're driving me blood crazy."

"Got it!" The intern yelled from her cube, I couldn't remember her name to save my life. I opened studio number three, every thing needed was already there or in the booth.

" This boys is yours. Whatever you need and this... Is Dick Meredith." They all shook hands as I stood back, I felt like a proud mother. Little did I know how big Bastille would get in a year.

--------

Bare with me, it's going to be slow because I'm trying to follow the timeline almost to a T so to speak. Enjoy!