Facing Them

Dan POV

After rehearsals we all took a limo to head to our different places. My phone violently blowing up in my pocket. I cursed up my breath, clicking the button on the side to brighten the screen. Tweets, messages, anything and everything where people could reach me they were. You lifted your head from my shoulder, glancing at the screen.

"Bloody hell...."

"Niks...." Janna mumbled looking up from her phone. She handed it over to you and my stomach sank. A live feed of inside. My body felt tingly seeing all the screen shots. You and me. There was no hiding this from anyone now. We were out. All because of someone's interest to film rehearsals.

"I'm gonna kill him... I'm gonna fucking kill him...." You mumbled, clicking the comments button. Only a few comments in and I was sick. I was sick of those who belittled you as a person. The people who could call themselves fans yet look at my fiancee as a whore or life ruiner. The people who could tell you to kill yourself. You clicked the phone off and handed it back to Janna. The expression on your face was cold, lacking any tell tale sign of what was going through your mind. Thankfully we were the first stop, yet then again paparazzi was standing outside the building awaiting to snap photos of us. You hugged everyone, said your good byes as I did the same then we had to face it. You walked out first and I snaked my arm around your waist so no one could pull you away from me in the rush. Cameras snapping constantly even when we squeezed our way inside. Rory grabbed your bag from the back of the limo, allowing us the freedom to not face anymore abuse. It wasn't till we were alone that you showed how you really felt. Defeat. You looked at me with lost eyes and I pulled you to my chest. Sobs tore through you. Never in our relationship had I seen you like this. You were a woman strong enough to stand in a hurricane, but this my love was a tornado. Tearing you apart piece by piece.

"It's okay... We're gonna be okay..." I swayed us, standing in the middle of our living room. Your tears soaking my shirt. "Don't believe what they're saying... They don't know you beautiful." I looked down, placing my hand under you chin and making you look at me. Your eyes were puffy and red from tears that still sliding down your cheeks.

"They think I'm the worst thing that happened to you... They'll hate you for standing up for me... Maybe I shouldn't go tomorrow. You can tell them I was drunk or something stupid..." You pulled from my embrace walking to our bedroom, with me quickly following after you.

"Niks! Stop... Love..." I grabbed your wrist, pulling you to me. In a swift movement I pinned you to the wall, hovering over you like prey. " You... Are perfect." I whispered against your lips, kissing along your jawline. "You're mine..." I found the sweet spot on your neck that made a moan escape your lips. "I love the noises you make... The way your body feels against mine..." I lifted you up, your legs wrapping around my torso. "I love your mind... If anyone.... Assumes differently...." I mumbled, reconnecting my lips to yours in a gentle kiss. "I'll be sure to prove it to them..."

"What's there to prove?" You mumbled, looking in my eyes, your fingers running through the back of my hair.

"That you're perfect... No real fan is going to curse your name... I feel ashamed of some of them..." I carried you to the bed, kissing along your jaw once more. "I treasure you mi amore." You flipped us, your hands resting on my chest before you reached for my face.

"I should be protecting you... Not the other way around considering your fans will start to hate you for loving me."

"I'll quit singing in a heartbeat... We'll run away... Forget about London... Bastille."

"Shut up." You whispered, kissing me roughly. I wanted nothing more than to get lost in you. Tease and love on ever inch of your body to make you feel loved. To send you shivering from pressure and whispering my name like a curse word. We shed our clothes like skin. You and I knew each other's flaws, secrets, and sins. We tangled ourselves in the sheets, my lips marking every inch of your body they could reach as my name spilled from your mouth. It was as if we understood each other so much that we could be one person. Sex wasn't just sex. It only made us feel more for each other. Protect each other more.

Only when we were laying breathless did I see the way your eyes followed my finger tips as they traced your tattoo. Your lips fuller from mine attacking yours. Then once you fell asleep the pain you carried bled to the surface of your face. Grey settled under your eyes and your body went limp. You had been so strong for so long that I knew I had to protect you. I knew I had to stand for us. I would do just that and face it. I couldn't tell you, but you were going to win producer of the year and I was going to be the one to announce it. Of course I was nervous for my speech and what I was planning to say. Yet today didn't change it. It only made me want to confess my feelings more.

"I've got you beautiful." I whispered, kissing your forehead and closing my eyes. " No one is going to hurt you... I love you." You naked body was flush against mine as I joined you in sleeping. We didn't know what we were going to face tomorrow. Today was the tip of the iceberg to our tragic story. So much love and so much hate.