Blinding Me

Update number six in less than 24 hours 😎😂

---------------
Nicole POV

I laid awake, staring at the ceiling, listening to the sounds of London. I'd listened to your message this morning as I do every morning. It hurts but it reminds me that this is why I'm here and not with you. This is why I don't get to see Clara grow up. To grow old with you... It wasn't till the door bell persistently rang that I managed to get out of bed. I was staying at the flat I had with you before we bought the house. Some of your things lingered, maybe that was what kept me sane. The scent of your cologne was long gone though. Yet the memories that stayed here were still fresh in my mind. I wrapped my robe around me before wandering through the apartment to the door.

" Janna? What are you doing here?" I sighed as she walked in without invitation. Her hands full with bags and different things. I already knew I was in for something just by the look on her face.

" Kyle and I are taking you out to dinner. You have no social life-"

"Janna! Stop!" I hollered for a moment before rubbing my face. "Why....? Why are you being nice to me?! I slept with your fiancee!"

"Niks... It's been eight months without my best friend." Her voice was calm yet she looked almost in tears. "I want my best friend to walk me down the aisle because my dad isn't alive...." If that didn't make me feel even more guilty. Then again I could never tell her about Kyle and I making a baby. That would only upset her more.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled looking down. "I didn't mean to... Upset you." There was silence for a few moments before she sighed.

"Let's pick you out an outfit yeah? Make you look actually like Nicole." I laughed and wandered to the bathroom, glancing at myself in the mirror.

"That's gonna be hard considering I look like I got run over by a truck."

" Nonsense..." Janna grinned and started a bath. "I'll do your hair and make up. You'll look like a million bucks."

"Why do I need to look good for dinner?" I laughed and pinned up my hair before glancing back at her.

" In case the paparazzi sees you... They haven't heard your name in months." I shrugged and once the bath was drawn I disrobed while Janna turned her back till I was under the bubbles. She sat on the edge of the tub and started to wash my hair.

" Dan use to do this all the time." I glanced at her before closing my eyes. " Sorry... I shouldn't be talking about him."

"It's okay Niks... I know you miss him." She finished washing my hair before she left the room and I rinsed and washed the rest of my body. Quickly I dried off and put on my red lingerie with my robe. Janna came back in and curled my hair loosely before starting my make up. "I picked you out an outfit. Something that says, business but sexy." I rolled my eyes with a slight smile on my face. She finished up and I got dressed before glancing over myself in the mirror. I looked like me. The me who met you. Who didn't fuck up. "You look really good Niks."

"Thanks Janna." I mumbled and bit my lips together as not to cry. She hugged and cracked a smile.

" We gotta get going. Kyle is gonna pick us up." I nodded and I grabbed my things before we took the lift down. The sun was setting as we walked down to the parking lot where Kyle had stopped.

"Hey, you ready?" Kyle grinned leaning against the car. Janna and I nodded before I got in the back seat. Kyle got in the driver side.

"Here Nicole put this on." Janna handed me a blindfold and I gave her a look. "It's a surprise just shut up and do it please?" I sighed and slipped it over my eyes. It seemed like forever till we got somewhere. They helped me inside and Janna guided me to sit.

"A wooden chair really Janna?"

"O shut up. They're getting you're surprise ready..." I sighed softly and adjusted my skirt listening to the silence. "You know I forgave you a long time ago." She mumbled and I shrugged.

"I think now it's about me forgiving myself... I know he won't ever forgive me."

"You dunno that..."

"That message was pretty clear Janna..." I felt her hand grasp mine. "I lost him and it's my fault... I lost Clara too. I might not ever see her... She'll grow up without me... I know Dan he'll do his best and his best is amazing... Because he loves her so much..."

"I know... But you also know Dan sucks at being social." I laughed slightly, a smile playing on my lips. It reminded me of the first time I met you.

"That's why she's got you and Kyle... Social butterflies..."

" No one can replace you though." I shrugged. No one else could be her actual mother yes, but someone could replace me emotionally. I hated to even think about it.

" Dan I'm sure has plenty of beautiful women at his door... Someone whose gonna take care of him and love him properly." It hurt so bad saying it. To admit I wasn't the best for you. "Can we stop talking about him? Please...?"

" Yeah Niks..." I didn't know where I was or who was around. Yet here I was pouring my heart out to Janna. To someone else whom was sitting right in front of me. Mere feet away and I was completely oblivious to their silent tears. "Alright, stand up and stay still." I sighed softly and stood. The sound Janna and Someone else's foot steps moved around. Someone was in front of me and I had no idea who. The soft sounds of violins played and my ears filled with the beginning of oblivion.