Power Couple

Just by the photo you know some shit is gonna go down 😈
Blake ~ Nicole
Ryan~ Jason Williams

Also I was planning for shit to hit the fan later in 2014 but 2013 works just fine 🤓😈
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nicole POV

*Ping*

The persistent noise echoed through my phone as we sat at the dinner table with our friends. I sighed and pulled it from my clutch.

Call me - J.A Williams

I glanced to you and sighed, giving your hand a squeeze before I stood. I didn't dare press call till I was in the lobby area.

"Hello?"

"Hey, you texted me?"

"Yeah, um... I need a favour. When you all get to New York tomorrow I need you to join me at the event for the record companies.... Almost as my date." Jason Williams was no man to fool with, yet I knew him like a book. He was strong and brilliant yet weak at heart. Love and him were a tragic combination. His wife had died in a elevator accident and the next day he sought comfort in my bed. I awoke alone and we both acted as if the night never happened. No feelings were ever mentioned.

" Mr.Williams are you sure this is a proper idea?"

"I know you'll know exactly what to say to the cameras Miss Clark. Please?" I sighed glancing back at the table before looking outside once again.

"Fine, send me all the information you have and I'll deal with the prep."

"Thank you Nicole."

"You're welcome. Have a nice evening." I hung up and sighed, taking a moment to myself before walking back to the table. You knew me like a book and because of that you knew I had something to tell. "Tomorrow I won't be around much, I have to join Mr. Williams to a record label award ball."

"O wonderful... He's such a power hungry person." Janna grumbled and you merely looked confused. Maybe a bit hurt.

" You said yes?" It left you like a whispered breath, your hand resting on my thigh.

"I said I would accompany him. Afterall I can handle any PR nightmare. He's not so quick on his feet." You nodded slowly before resuming your meal. Janna's eyes were locked on mine.

"I don't trust him Niks."

"In regards to what?"

"In regards to him being friendly to any of us. He's always out for what's best for him."

"Isn't everyone?" I shrugged slightly. "It's gonna be okay. Just some chit chat and bullshit like every other award show. Plus I have to keep our cover." I glanced to you and you nodded before tossing your napkin on your plate.

"You're right Nicole... I just don't think any of us are comfortable with an attractive guy around you... At least I'm not." I sighed and squeezed your hand that was on my leg.

"Don't worry. He's my boss."

" And you're mine." Your eyes met mine before you stood and wandered outside, Will and Kyle in tow. Janna stood and took your seat, glancing around.

"I know you couldn't say no. I get it. Dan doesn't and he's gonna be upset. Just do what you do best... Show him you love him when you get home. We both know you and Williams will be the center of attention there. A power couple in the making. They'll examine your every move and you know Dan will be watching. He's gonna worry."  This conversation seems so trivial now. Looking back the evening with Williams was far worse than planned. We flew to New York the next day and then it began. The crack in our glory. He picked me up from the hotel in a limo and photos were snapped of us the moment we hit the red carpet.

"Thanks for coming." He whispered into my ear as we walked along. "I was surprised you said yes."

" Why is that?" I laughed slightly glancing up at him.

"Because I know about you and Mr. Smith." I felt chills run up my spine as we continued walking towards the building. "I don't approve. Well the record label doesn't approve. They made me reassign you starting tomorrow." I nearly stumbled, the building sensation in my chest made it hard to breath. "He stopped once we were alone and grabbed my arms. " You need to keep it together Nicole. I'll work to get you back Nicole... Listen they're gonna make him choose between you or the record label."

"I won't let him choose me. You know that..." I felt my eyes nearly well with tears.

"I know... That's why I told them just to reassign you. Get some distance from him. Make the big money guys happy. Stay fucking sober." He searched my eyes and I nodded. "Listen don't fucking lose everything... Give me time to fix this shit. I brought you here because I knew I would get a chance to talk to you before they come get you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?"

"They're resigning you out to Los Angeles... To a band called The Neighborhood. They're a nice bunch, but troubled." I nodded slowly before I felt like my legs were going to give out.

"I don't want to go...."

"I know... Listen I already took care of what I could. You'll be staying at my place out there and I can work with Mr. Smith to get some of your things out there. Yeah?" I covered my mouth as his arms wrapped around me. In a mere 24 hours my life went to shit. Clark luck they say. I wanted to sob. To release all this pain. Yet I knew I couldn't tell you anything about this. I would have to leave you tomorrow. Without a word of truth. It would all be lies. Poured out on a page. I forced myself to stand tall and wear a stone cold expression as we went into the hall and towards the ball room. Right now I wanted to be numb more than anything. I wasn't ready to say good bye. Then again I would never be ready to say good bye to you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Next chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Next chapter.... Major feels. Sorry not sorry.