Powerful

Dan POV

You were persistent on going to work later that day, and there was no stopping a powerful woman like you. With no help you had showered without getting your bandages wet and gotten dressed wearing slacks and a loose white blouse. Obviously your choice of shoes was converses considering heels was out of the question with the crutches. I texted the guys saying to meet at the studio, after all there was still work to be done on a few songs.

"I assume I'm driving?" I chuckled and smirked as you huffed and grabbed your keys off the counter then tossed them to me.

"Yes, but we are taking my car. You need a new car. I can't believe you drive around in that death trap."

"I haven't had the time nor care to get a new one yet. I'll be on tour soon, yeah mostly just in the UK, but still." I shrugged slightly as you laughed and shook your head.

"I swear I don't think you'll ever get use to being famous darling."

"I don't think I will either." I parked the car in your spot and we wandered through the lobby as if we barely knew each other. The game we played for privacy. We got into the elevator, people had their eyes on you. They knew you were in that building. They knew you were lucky to get out. They knew you were a Clark. The first face we saw was Jonathan Burrows, he always seemed to be loitering in Virgin Records. I'd come to learn he was representing many of the artists.

" Nicole Clark, how ya feeling?"

"If you have come to pester me I will shove this crutch up your arse." He laughed weakly and followed us into your office.

"Actually I've come to return this check. My client isn't pressing charges.... At all."

"Mmm surprise surprise. Now why might that be?" You sat down, Janna was glaring at me for letting you come to work, Kyle nearly choked on his pastry watching you sit down and put your feet up on the desk.

"Because she changed her mind.."

"Bullshit it's because she knows Bastille is getting big and her shit is gonna get heard somehow." You laughed as Burrows crossed his arms.

"Yes that's the way I see it."

"You're a shit lawyer Burrows why do I keep you around?"

"Because I'm only a shit lawyer compared to your smarts."

"True..." You sighed and looked at the check before tearing it in half.

"Don't bullshit Clark what happened in there...?" You glanced at him, moving your chair slightly back and forth.

"I got a metal rod through my leg and the doctors are surprised I didn't need to get it chopped off. Not to mention the ceiling fell on me, but I can't remember a damn thing. Poor Dan here had to drive me here cause he drew the short stick." I chuckled and sat back, clicking the button on the coffee maker.

"Bloody hell." You shrugged at his statement. " Well while you were gone... Lorelei stopped by and the damn break room is filled with flowers for you."

"O brilliant. Give them out it will give you something to do today." You waved your hand as he chuckled and stood.

"O you Clarks! How cocky even in pain!" He laughed and walked out your office door, Janna stood and locked it, crossing her arms as she stared you down.

"What are you doing here?"

"Working what else would I be here for?"

" Nicole the doctors said no work or anything for another month." You sighed and checked the calender on your desk.

"Yeah well I have a tour to finish organizing for October... That is in two weeks... Then I'll relax while you all float around London."

"Fine... How are the shows selling?" You smirked slightly Janna had a grin growing as did the rest of us.

"Take a guess?"

"Just tell us!" Will hollered before laughing with a goofy smile on his face.

"It's sold out!" You laughed and glanced to your computer screen. "Its been sold out for a couple days. You're known in the UK boys. Now let's get you known in the states." I laughed and shook my head. Sold out. Bastille. Me.

"Wow this is wicked." I mumbled before rubbing my face. Kyle chuckled and kissed Janna.

"This is life changing really."

"We're just doing our job guys." Janna looked to you as you nodded.

"Exactly... So Swiss Lips is gonna go on tour with you guys..." You looked to your screen again and gnawed on you lip. " When you guys get done the tour we'll go to the states to do Pompeii yeah? We'll release that in January. However I'm not making you guys work in December because you all need a lot of rest for this coming year. Plus I need a damn vacation."

"Where in the states?"

"LA and I'll call up Jesse John Jenkins. She'll be better than anyone else for that music video."

"Agreed." Janna mumbled while examining her coffee. " What dates are we releasing this stuff?"

" How about the 11th for the song and the music video on the... 20th? Is it doable?"

" Yeah, however you've completely skipped over your birthday..."

" When is that?" I chimed in and smirked as you rolled your eyes.

"October 31st."

"A Halloween baby!" Kyle chuckled as you shook your head.

" Yes yes laugh it up." I stood and wandered to your desk, pressing a kiss to your head.

" We'll surely have to do something for your birthday after the tour."

"Aw sweet Dan" Woody smirked as he wandered to the door. " We got work to do, let's go." I flashed a smile at you as you smiled back before everyone followed Woody to the studio. This was our beginning to becoming big. To selling out huge venues and maybe even arenas. Yet you were missing in this picture. You'd be left behind for this tour and probably bad blood. Little did we know Nicole what would happen. Our glory would suffer.