Rude

Dan POV

You stormed out, it was obvious something was bothering you today more than usual. Maybe it really was Carly that had set you off. It didn't surprise me though. I couldn't blame you. Dick sighed and glanced to all of us before shrugging.

"You hear what the lady said... alright what have we got so far?" I blinked a few times before looking to the list of completed tracks.

"Overjoyed.... Oblivion.... Flaws.... Bad Blood...Laura Palmer... Get Home...As for songs not finished yet... Pompeii... Things we lost in the fire.... These Streets... Weight of living Part 1 and 2... Icarus... Daniel in the Den."

"Mmm seven to go... She wants it by December." Dick laughed slightly and rested his head against the back of chair. "It's nearly May... So we have 8 months... Minus October... Minus... half of May because you all have to go film flaws... Well Dan has to go. She wants it December so lets not even count that.... So five and half months. Ish... We'll go with five. I need a drink." He chuckled to himself before shrugging slightly. "Lets just call it quits for today. I already have a headache and can't focus." Kyle chuckled as we all stood and began to wander towards the elevator, the lights in your office were off already, that could be told even with the blinds closed.

"I wonder what pissed her off today." Janna mumbled rubbing her arm, a slight bruise had formed. "That Carly girl must have said something to her. She's your ex right Dan?"

"Yeah... She was trying to tell me the baby she's carrying might be mine. She obviously said something nasty to Nikki."

"Nikki? Since when did you start calling her Nikki?" Kyle snorted laughing, I managed to hide the goofy smile.

"When she signed us, she told me to tell the guard at the front desk I was looking for Nikki Clark... It just sort of stuck in my head." They believed it, thankfully.

"Say how about tonight we all go out to dinner. I'll give grumpy gills a call see if she wants to go?" We all nodded and soon Janna and Kyle went their separate way. Will and Woody went off to go play pool down the street. Then there was me, walking towards your building, which was only about five blocks away. I waved to Rory and smiled with my mouth closed.

"Afternoon Mr. Smith."

"Afternoon, I assume Nikki is in?" He nodded before chuckling slightly.

"Something had her very hot Mr. Smith. I dare say enter with caution." A chuckle escaped him as did I before wandering off to the elevator. That bottle of bourbon kept popping up in my mind. It was always a fear of mine if you went down the road your brother and father had gone. I clicked the button to your floor then knocked on the door. The first thing I noticed was the smile crossing your lips as I pulled you into my arms. We'd been doing this for over 5 months. Sneaky around and whispering sweet nothings. You knew it wasn't going to last much longer without issues. I didn't because I'm always the fool in love.

"Hello my love..."

"Mmmm please tell me you've come to lay on that sofa with me and watch god awful rerun programs."

"Actually I've come to do that and invite you to dinner tonight... With the band and Janna." A sigh escaped you as you wandered over to the sofa and laid down, pulling the blanket off the back.

"How long do I get you to myself?"

"Two hours.." I chuckled and laid down beside you, your head finding it's spot over my heart.

"I'm sorry about today. The single didn't do to well... It's expected, but you deserve a hit."

"It was about Carly, I'm glad it failed." A soft laugh escaped your brims."You hurt Janna... Did Carly really get to you?"

"Yeah... I thought you were going to take her back in a heart beat."

"Why?" I closed my eyes and ran my hand up and down your back.

"Because you loved her so much... I was sure you would have chosen something you don't have to hide over me."

"I don't love her... I love you and I'll wait however long I have to for us to... be safe as you so say."

"Mmm I hope that day comes..."

"What are you so afraid of telling everyone?"

"There are different reasons Dan. I want them to know you got successful by yourself. I also don't want you just getting started and being attached to the basket case as so many people put it... my whole family is a shit show!" You lifted your head, looking into my eyes as you raised your voice. Not towards me, but towards the topic at hand. "I'm a ticking time bomb shit show! Boom any moment.... instant.... shit.... show." I laughed hysterically, tears coming to my eyes at your constant use of the phrase. Then you too began to laugh before we laid on the sofa, looking at the ceiling and catching our breath.

"Tell me one more time... what you could become any moment..."

"A bloody shit show!" I chuckled and kissed the top of your head before sighing softly.

"You'll be fine Nikki. I'll protect you." You laughed and kissed me softly.

"Ah Dan Smith the knight in shining armour. You're cute. I'm sorry for going off on you and everyone today."

"It's okay. You can say sorry when we get to dinner. I think they..." I shut up as you grabbed your phone, showing me the screen.

"Hello?"

"Hey Nikki, you want to come to dinner tonight? That little Italian joint by work?"

"Sure, what time?"

"About an hour?"

"Brilliant!" You leaned over, crushing my stomach as you reached for the glass of wine on your table.

"OW...."

"Oi! What was that?! Is there a man over your house Nikki?" You laughed softly into the phone before sipping your wine.

"No it was the bloody tv, they're plucking some guy's eyebrows."

"You want weird television... I'll see you soon."

"Bye love." You hung up and laughed before kissing me. "Sorry darling... I didn't mean to crush you."

"It's...." My phone began to ring as well, Janna of course. "Hello?"

"Dan I talked to grumpy gills she's coming. We're gonna meet at that Italian restaurant alright?"

"Alright see you soon..." I hung up before you huffed and began getting your jacket on.

"I'm not grumpy... just... protective."

"Whatever you say love... whatever.... you say..."