There Is No Hiding

Alright we're up in the chapters. Almost in 2014 woohoo. Think I'm gonna pick up the pace soon to get this story wrapped up. How are you all liking it? Sorry about the late update, my day consisted of meetings and then flipping tires. 😂
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nicole POV

I jolted awake to a pain in my head. These headaches lingered even months after the accident with Janna. You were gone, missing from the bed, the apartment silent.

"Dan?" I mumbled, hearing my voice ring throughout the apartment as I moved from the bed. Your shirt hung to my thighs as I walked towards the kitchen. " Dan? Hello?" I heard the front door click and turned around, seeing the dark hair and thinned frame. Your mother. "Miss Smith?"

"My son is persistent in us speaking." She sneered the words and I nodded, raising my pointer finger. Quickly I went to our room and grabbed my robe, wrapping it around my body. This was out of your character for sure, another worrying sign.

"About what topic?"

"Maybe you being the reason he's a mess." I chuckled, sitting down, grabbing my glasses off the table.

" You obviously never took the time to hear the whole story. Do you know why I left for LA?"

" Because you see my son's heart as a damn toy." I let my anger get the best of me, glaring at her as I raced my voice.

" No! I'm trying to protect him you bitch! I chose for him... His career over me... I let him go. I'm sure you were overjoyed at my sudden disappearance."

"You're a drug addict... Of course you being out of my son's life made me happy."

" Your son is the reason I'm clean." She didn't want to believe I was once again the Nicole she first met. That I fought my demons and was sitting here in her son's shirt. That I would protect him to a more extreme length than her. "I think for Dan's sake you need to at least to pretend to like me. He's going through a lot now. His depression and anxiety. It's eating him. I'm not saying I'm not somewhat at fault."

"Mostly at fault." She mumbled and all I could do was laugh.

"Sure..."

"There is no hiding who you are Nicole. My husband has told me of your family... Of the evil and darkness that follows you all. I will be damned if my son falls into those games." She stood and began walking to the door. I only laughed when I heard it slam, followed by the elevator noise.

"That didn't go well." I jumped to the sound of your voice, coming from spare bedroom. "I was attempting to fix things between you two, but-"

" But she hates me?" You sighed, sitting beside me, your eyes were bright blue, I wanted to swim in their oceans and drown in their waves. I took your hand, squeezing it slightly before moving to sit on your lap. "Dan... Let me fix it... It will take time but I think I can..." Carefully I brushed my lips against yours, the taste of coffee and mint filling my senses with a hint of your cologne. "I love you... I won't give you up again. I won't give us up."

" You promise?"

"I promise." I mumbled, your hands grasping my hips. "My love? Did you take your medicine?"

" No... I feel fine... Please don't call the doctor?"

" Then let me call Lorelei? At least get her opinion?" You sighed, tucking my hair behind my ears then taking off my glasses.

"Can I just see how I feel? A few more days?"

"Only if you tell me the moment you don't feel okay.... I know you and Jesse are like fire and ice, but you'll have to see him once or twice more. At least till the new management takes over and I'm free from it." You nodded, shamefully at that after all you had started the fight. Kyle only joined in being the hot head he tended to be under the influence of alcohol. "I know you're upset about what he did to me... What him and I were.... We were toxic... Love destroyed us and we found... Something to hold us up till love came back for us. As if we were trapped on a deserted island."

"You know I wouldn't have let you leave?"

"I know and that's exactly why I had to go before you knew." I took your face in my hands, feeling the stubble prick my hands ever so slightly. " Its these beautiful blue eyes that kept me sane sometimes. I heard the song you wrote... Janna brought it to me when I was out there." You're eyes grew wide.

" What? Glory? It isn't done yet!" Almost like a child you whined, making me chuckle loudly. "Give me the disc! Where is it?! You can't listen to it yet!"

" It's too late I did! It's amazing Dan. You'll have to use it for the next album." Your face began turning bright red, huffing in front of my face.

"Janna had no right to show you it yet. It was a gift for you." I felt my cheeks heat up, taking your face between my hands and pecking your lips.

" It's beautiful Dan... Even if it isn't finished.... Anything with your voice is heaven to me."

"That's nonsense. I swear you're tone deaf." We shared a laugh and I shook my head.

"I think you're just a pessimist. You're too hard on yourself Mr.Smith."

"Whatever you say Mrs. Smith." I felt goose bumps raise on my arms, your hands grasping my hips slightly harder as your lips crashed against mine. Maybe we could fix this. Fix your family's relationship with me. Something like this glory was too good to dispose of in the end. It was like alcohol without being drunk. Intoxicating and breath taking. You pulled your lips from mine, whispering into the silence. "And all our words for glory well they always sounded empty... When we're looking up for heaven.... Waiting to be buried..." I looked into your eyes. Sanity. In the form of you. It was what I clung to that fateful Feburary morning the world began to hate more than ever.