Do They Know (2014 video)

I wanted to add this bit in even though it is very Christmas themed mainly because it's gonna show some character growth. Also Bastille last night was amazing 😛 please also note any Rita Ora bits will be Nicole singing.

 Also Bastille last night was amazing 😛 please also note any Rita Ora bits will be Nicole singing

Nicole POV

With two days to Christmas it was finally ready. The studio filling in with artists of all kinds from One Direction to U2... Coldplay... Bastille. It was like a hub of all good music. Janna was rushing around looking panicked. Meanwhile I was wearing headphone, balancing Clara on my hip, and adjusting the board for the next recording. Every one had a line or a bit to sing.

" Niks!" Bono hollered wandering over as I slid my headphones onto my neck. "Blood hell if she isn't the spitting image of you and Daniel!" He snagged her from my arms as she giggled.

"She's surely got her father temperament. How have you been?"

"So so... Touring and such. How about you? How's the liver?"

"Mmm cancer free and that's all that matters... Do you know where Rita is?" I looked around only to see everyone shake their heads. "Fuckin' hell. Bono watch her, yeah?"

"Of course" he chuckled as I wandered over to Janna who was hollering in the phone.

" No! She needs to be here in fifteen minutes not tomorrow!... Bullocks!" She slammed the phone down and I sighed softly.

"Please tell me that wasn't Rita's tour manager."

"They're stuck in New York because of snow... Niks you need to sing... There isn't anyone else with a voice like hers."

"Janna I can't sing for shit."

"Now that's shit." You came up behind me, engulfing me in one of those hugs that seemed to melt the stress away.

"Fine... Let's get this going..." I groaned as you kissed my neck merely out of stress. Yet it seemed to melt away once we got started. Cameras were everywhere and for once we didn't care. One direction sang then Ed before it was my turn. I think people were surprised I could sing and even compete with your singing abilities. There was food and goofing around. For the time being everything felt whole.

I sat down and put on my headphones, checking through the recording. I could still here you and Bono whispering.

"You know I have never seen her so fulfilled... So happy.... It's because of you..."

"I can't take the credit for that... She's been my saving grace plenty of times."

"Now you two have a beautiful daughter.... She's absolutely perfect I bet."

"She's got the looks of her mother."

"But she's got your eyes... Your soul." I glanced down at Clara in my lap before looking back at the screen that Janna was fiddling with for editting. (I gave away a spoiler in the photo)

 (I gave away a spoiler in the photo)

"Yeah..."

"You're scared aren't you?" Bono chuckled slightly and I heard you sigh.

"Actually more than ever.... Now my decisions have another variable... I want to be the best father I can be... Protect her from heartbreak... Knee scrapes... Everything."

"Take it from me... You can't do everything... I've watched my kids grow and you can't protect them from any of it... But you can be there... Even though you're scared just like them."

"Yeah... I just never thought I would actually be a dad you know? I never thought I'd be with someone I gave a shit about the way I care about Niks."

"And.... Done!" Janna yanked out my head phone before smirking. Slowly everyone gathered around and Janna turned up the sound. It was perfect in the end. Everyone seemed fulfilled that they had done something good. Maybe they were just in the Christmas spirit. That night we posted the video. We didn't hide holding our hands. The exchanged glanced and us handling Clara at times. It was as if maybe our version of a family was finally accepted. As if fans finally got what we were. This wasn't a fling nor me playing games. This with us. Something glorious.

" Niks?"

" Mmm?"

" So about that girls weekend? How about after Christmas? Right before new years."

"Mmm-"

" Dan already said you should go... Get some fresh air. Kyle will stay with him and make sure Clara gets plenty of attention and Dan gets his rest."

"Where do you plan to go then?"

"Paris?" My stomach churned at the idea. Paris was the city of love. The city I spent killing myself with pills. I hadn't gone back since even when Dan asked me to go.

" Why?"

"Because December is a great time for wine there or so Chrissy says. I would say the Bahamas but we couldn't get there and stay for long..."

"Fine... Fine...." I sighed softly. "I'll go... But nothing crazy. I don't even know if I'm up to drinking at the moment."

"Motherhood has changed you." Janna smirked before nudging me. My mind was off somewhere else. " Niks?"

"Mmm?"

" You trust Dan don't you?"

"Of course but I don't want him to worry... He's been stressed a lot more lately. His temper has been arising."

"What do you mean?"

"I think work... The baby... Me... It's all putting quite the toll on his. He's loving life but not the responsibility."

"I can't blame him. Life is a bit overwhelming. Shit Kyle and I are overwhelmed planning a wedding and were not even close to having a baby. You and Dan literally are couple goals on Pinterest. Fans don't know how you two do it." Janna kept going on, but I wasn't listening any more. I glanced down at Clara in my arms and cracked a smile. Your features where limited in her, but those eyes told me so much. Like oceans she swept me into her currents. She was like you so much. I'm glad she's more like you than me. Looking back I shouldn't have gone. I should have stuck to my gut feeling and stayed away. There were people who truly hated my existence there... My existence in your life. After all how do you think such shallow water became so deep?