Your Love

Dan POV

You were already there by the time Kyle and I wandered in and it was obvious you had a few drinks as did Janna. You never giggled, yet here you were giggling away with Janna.

"Hello lovelies!" Janna hollered before continuing to laugh. Will was obviously entertained by the expression on his face. There sat the girl named Joanna, black hair, but blue eyes. She reminded me of myself, in no way outgoing to socialize. Her red lips spread into a smile as I sat beside her and gave a wave.

" Hello I'm Dan."

"Joanna. Nice to meet you." She returned to sipping on her beer and chatting away with Woody. Meanwhile you took another shot. I'd never seen you drink like this and it scared me. Yet you avoided my gaze, it was obvious you were drinking to feel numb from whatever bothered you.

"Nicole how come you're only fun sometimes?" Janna chuckled and downed a shot before sliding me the bottle. I joined in and took a shot before watching you shrug.

"Depends on how stressed I am is all." You fiddled with your hair as I looked past you. A woman with curly black hair and almost reddish brown eyes was watching you. Yet moments later she laughed slightly almost bitterly before coming over and tapping your shoulder.

"I thought I recognized that blonde hair..." You chuckled slightly.

"Lorelei..."

"You're just like your bloody brother!" She laughed bitterly in your face. "You look like him, act like him, drink like him! Now he's fuckin' six feet under! You're gonna be there too!" You sighed and shook your head.

"If I'm so much like my brother then I've got 6 years left. Cheers." You downed a shot in her face before smirking slightly.

" Like I said... You're like your brother. Cocky when you drink... You weren't there when he was spitting up blood and stumbling through the house. Or when he would just cry wanting the pain to stop." Her eyes watered yet you didn't waiver your hostile attitude.

" He was a Clark. Every generation has died before 60... We're ticking time bombs. What did you except Lorelei? You couldn't change him... But because you were a greedy fuck and lied about his will I was homeless. For two years. So if you think I'm going to pitty you... You're wrong." You dug in your purse, tossing down a few hundred pounds before standing and putting on your coat. " Good bye Lorelei. If you're right I guess I'll see you at my funeral yeah?" Like that you wandered out. The woman took a deep breath before looking to all of us.

"You're aiding this behavior!"

"Love she doesn't drink often." Janna scoffed and sat back crossing her arms.

"That's what you think... She's a Clark. She's born with issues. Just like her brother. I loved him deeply. Her father too. I'm not going to bury another fuckin Clark." I cursed under my breath before standing.

"I'll go make sure she gets home okay... I'm the only one sober anyways."

"Let me know how she is Dan..." Janna sighed as I walked past Lorelei and outside. You were waiting for a taxi, but I cleared my throat. That's when I saw your face stained in tear.

"Nikki, love why are you crying?"

"Cause she's right Dan just go back inside.... I'm a ball of issues! A fuckin alcoholic sure, whatever." A taxi stopped and I sighed making sure no one was watching as I climbed in and with you. We were silent as the man drove and your head fell against my shoulder.

" Nikki?"

"Mmm?"

"There isn't anything wrong with you."

"Maybe your love is keeping me afloat. Who knows Dan." I chuckled slightly.

" You were just fine before me."

"I lied... I wasn't... After the... Pills when Janna and I lived...well when I had my own place... I started drinkin'. I dunno... Maybe I am afraid I'll end up like Steve." I sighed and pulled you onto my lap, kissing your cheek.

"You'll be fine. I'm right here Nikki..." The cab stopped outside of your place. I gave a smile at Rory as I walked into the lobby carrying you. He gave a saddened expression, but nodded as I walked past. Carefully I managed to press the button and use my spare key to your place without disturbing you too much. You were somehow fast asleep as I laid you down and took off your shoes, covering you up. It was the first time I had been essential alone in your place. I couldn't help but curiously walk around. Your office was the most personalised room. Photos of Steve and even you and Janna adorned your desk. A bottle of whiskey half touched shoved into a drawer. A sigh passed my lips as I grabbed my phone and shot Janna a quick text.

Taxi took her home. I just got home. - Dan

We need to consider what Lorelei said... Sorry for dragging you into this mess. - Janna

It's okay. She needs help. Our help as a group I guess. Anyways good night. - Dan

Night - Janna

I wandered to your bedroom, maybe it was ours by now. My stuff was all here anyways. Carefully I pulled you into my arms and let my thoughts run wild. The following weeks we wouldn't discuss what happened. We wouldn't even mention it. Then again that fateful August day our world changed. Secrets would spill. Your lungs would fill with ash. Words would stumble from your bloody lips. This world would distroy you without a drop of alcohol or any drug for that matter. You were a Clark. Bound to this demon that would drag you a long for a ride. Your eyes would shut and your heart would cease. My sweet grey Angel, fighting for a breath. Question is would you have enough fight or just give into oblivion. Helpless in its claws as it drags your life away.

(Janna and Nikki)

(Steve Clark her deceased brother)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

(Steve Clark her deceased brother)

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.