Flaws

Nicole POV

I awoke to the hushed snores passing your lips. Your hair wildly sprawled in all directions and arms tightly wrapped around me. Next month was the flaws tour, while only less than a month I still felt dread in regards to staying behind for most of the tour. I had the dates and places picked. Also they were already sold out, but I wasn't going to tell you that just yet.

12-Oct-12 Liverpool Stanley Theatre
13-Oct-12 Manchester Night and Day
14-Oct-12 Glasgow ABC
16-Oct-12 Newcastle The Other Rooms
17-Oct-12 Birmingham HMV Institute
18-Oct-12 Brighton Komedia
19-Oct-12 London Koko
20-Oct-12 Oxford O2 Academy

Then tickets would go on sale for the Bad Blood tour I already had planned. It was obvious my mind was running too crazy for sleep. Carefully I pried myself from your embrace and grabbed my crutches, swinging myself to a standing position. As quietly as I could I made my way to my office and clicked on the light then sitting down. I bundled into the blanket hanging on my chair as I waited for the laptop to load. My first instinct was to start working yet I brought up my search engine and clicked the keys slowly.

"Tower 42" I clicked search and swallowed the lump in my throat, digging deep through articles and the many pictures. My name was no where thankfully, which meant no media attention thank god. There was the girl... Isadora... Her name thankfully came back to me just now. However the others were all a blur. It haunted me in a way. The dusty faces. The pain in my leg. I closed the browser and took a deep breath, resting my arms on the desk and my head on my arms.

"Love? You alright?" I lifted my head, you were half asleep, but managed to put your glasses on and blink a few times due to the bright light.

"Yeah, I just... Couldn't sleep much more." I stood and grabbed my crutches, moving toward you and smiling slightly. "Why don't you go back to bed?" You sighed softly and bent in a funny way, yet scooped me off my feet and chuckled.

"We are going back to bed... Your leg needs to heal."

"But I've been in bed for days and days..." I whined as you carefully tossed me onto the bed and climbed on top, careful for not for any of your weight to be on me.

"Let me give you a reason to stay in bed then." A smirk crossed your lips before they crashed against mine. You always were careful not to hurt me. Little did we know what I would do to you this coming year. You moved away and took off your glasses, laying down and pulling me on top of you, your hand protectivly over my wounded thigh as if a reminder to yourself to not squeeze it at all. It's odd how lost I could get in you. You were a book with many pages and secrets shoved close to the spine. I was your reader, brushing my finger tips against every page. Your body moved in rhythm with mine, yet you always treated me like art. Until your very final seconds then like always we would lay breathless. Your eyes were closed as I watched your chest rise and fall, tiny beads of sweat formed along your chest. My leg was throbbing from the weight I put on it, but it was bearable. The sun had yet peaked through the blinds so we laid there, your mind was somewhere else, a soft hum escaping you. I laid on my side, watching and studying you. The sheets and blankets slightly covering you and I. You rolled over and ran your hand along my arm, singing whatever you had just composed.

"I have written you down
Now you will live forever
And all the world will read you
And you live forever
In eyes not yet created
On tongues that are not born
I have written you down
Now you will live forever" I was turning red I could feel the heat rising to my cheeks. Your hand ran along my thigh as you then kept going on with your tune.

"Your body lies upon the sheets
Of paper and words so sweet
I can't say the words
So I wrote you into my verse" I laughed softly, maybe it was a giggle, but I won't admit to ever giggling.

"I dare not ask how many songs involve me." You chuckled and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Good I won't tell you. I'm embarrassed." I laughed before rolling my eyes slightly then sitting up and uncovering only my bad leg. The sheet was wrapped around under my arms.

"Can you bring me my medical bag, Sally says I need to change it and let it breath." You nodded and got out of bed, slipping into your boxers and then walking into my closet, digging in my duffle bag. You came back and sat on the bed, batting my hand away and cutting away the bandage. It was healing immaculately and only a hint of purple was showing around the stitches. "Doctor Smith. I like it... Very sexy." You chuckled and gently wrapped gauze around it before looking to my forehead.

"When can you take those butterfly bandages off?"

" When it heels. It's holding the cut closed so I won't complain."

"Do you want some of your medicine?" I nodded slowly.

"No painkillers just the antibiotics." You quickly got up and came back with two bottle, examining the label with squinty eyes till you picked up your glasses.

"I have to ask, do you not trust yourself? With taking the pain medicine?" You popped the caps open taking two out of one and three out of the other before handing them to me.

"I think you know the answer to that..." I grabbed the glass of water off the nightstand and forced down the five pills before looking back to you. "I've seen others die before my eyes... The demons they fight from pills. I saw oxycodone take numerous lives and cocaine turn people into monsters. I'm not chancing that ever."

"I understand... You're gonna be okay." Yeah... You say that now, is the main thought that ran through my mind.