Octo-oc backstory: Basil

{this was AI generated}

Basil was born on a pirate ship, sailing the seven seas with his brother Kwazii and his grandfather Calico Jack. He loved exploring new places and having adventures with his family. He learned how to swim, climb, and fight from a young age. He also developed a curiosity for the ocean and its creatures, often asking questions and reading books about them.

One day, when Basil was six years old, he and Kwazii snuck into a cave on a deserted island, looking for treasure. They found a shiny chest and opened it, only to discover that it was a trap. The chest released a cloud of purple smoke that made them cough and sneeze. They ran out of the cave, but it was too late. The smoke had affected their eyesight, making everything blurry and fuzzy.

Basil and Kwazii were taken to the nearest hospital, where they were diagnosed with a rare condition called purple haze. The doctors said that there was no cure for it, and that they would have to wear special glasses for the rest of their lives. Basil was devastated. He felt like he had lost his freedom and his dreams of becoming an explorer.

He became shy and withdrawn, avoiding other people and spending most of his time in his room. He still loved reading books about the ocean, but he felt like he could never see it clearly again. He envied Kwazii, who seemed to cope better with their condition and continued to be adventurous and outgoing.

One day, when Basil was ten years old, he received a letter from Kwazii, who had left the pirate ship a year ago to join the Octonauts, a team of underwater explorers and rescuers. Kwazii wrote that he had found a new family and a new purpose in life, helping the ocean and its creatures. He also wrote that he had met Professor Inkling, the founder of the Octonauts and a brilliant oceanographer. He said that Professor Inkling had offered to take Basil as his student and teach him everything he knew about the ocean.

Basil was surprised and intrigued by Kwazii's letter. He wondered what it would be like to join the Octonauts and learn from Professor Inkling. He felt a spark of hope and excitement in his heart. He decided to take a chance and accept the offer.

He packed his bags and said goodbye to his grandfather, who was proud of him for following his dreams. He boarded a plane that took him to the Octopod, the Octonauts' headquarters. There, he met Kwazii again, who hugged him and introduced him to the rest of the crew: Captain Barnacles, Peso, Shellington, Dashi, Tweak, Tunip, and the Vegimals.

Basil felt welcomed and accepted by his new friends. He was amazed by the Octopod and its gadgets and gups. He was fascinated by Professor Inkling's library and lab. He was thrilled by the missions and adventures that awaited him.

Basil soon realized that joining the Octonauts was the best decision he ever made. He learned to overcome his fears and insecurities. He discovered new things about the ocean and himself every day. He found happiness and fulfillment in helping others.

He also found out that his condition was not a curse, but a gift. His glasses allowed him to see things that others couldn't: colors, patterns, shapes, details that made the ocean more beautiful and mysterious. He used his unique vision to solve problems and find clues.

He became an invaluable member of the Octonauts team and Professor Inkling's star pupil. He also became closer to Kwazii than ever before. They shared their stories and secrets, their joys and sorrows, their hopes and dreams.

They were brothers in blood and in spirit.

They were Basil and Kwazii: the pirate cats of the sea.