AI co-write: the voiceless Camp time

⚠️just an au⚠️

🔠above and beyond timeline🔠

Kwazii started to yawn, but he began to cough, he started looking around the campsite, he was on a campout with his grandfather, Calico Jack, "I might as well hide... the cough from grandad" Kwazii spoke, and noticed a difference in his voice, "great lost my voice as well, Ill just not talk" he said as he walked out of the tent.

Calico Jack was busy making breakfast over the fire, when he saw Kwazii coming out of the tent. He smiled and greeted him. "Good morning, lad. How did you sleep?" He asked, expecting a cheerful reply. But Kwazii only nodded and gave him a weak smile. He looked pale and tired, and his eyes were watery. Calico Jack frowned and felt a surge of worry. He reached out and touched Kwazii's forehead, feeling the heat. "You're burning up, Kwazii. You have a fever." He said, concerned.

Kwazii tried to shrug it off and act normal. He didn't want to worry his grandfather or ruin their camping trip. He opened his mouth to say something, but only a raspy whisper came out. He coughed again, covering his mouth with his paw. He felt a sharp pain in his chest and throat, and tears stung his eyes. He looked away, feeling miserable and ashamed.

Calico Jack hugged him gently and rubbed his back. He knew that Kwazii was sick and needed help. He also knew that Kwazii was stubborn and proud, and hated to show weakness or admit defeat. He decided to be gentle but firm with him. "Kwazii, you're sick. You have a bacterial infection that's affecting your voice and lungs. You need to take some medicine and rest." He said, softly but sternly.

Kwazii shook his head and tried to protest. He wanted to stay with his grandfather and have fun. He didn't want to take any medicine or go back to the Octopod. He wanted to be brave and strong, like his grandfather. But he couldn't say any of that, because his voice was gone. He only whimpered and coughed, feeling helpless and frustrated.

Calico Jack kissed his forehead and smiled reassuringly. He understood how Kwazii felt, but he also knew what was best for him. He loved him more than anything, and he wanted him to be healthy and happy. He took out a bottle of syrup from his octo-pack and poured some into a spoon. He held it to Kwazii's mouth and coaxed him to swallow it. "This will help you feel better, Kwazii. It will soothe your throat and ease your cough." He said, gently.

Kwazii grimaced at the taste of the syrup, but he obeyed his grandfather and took it. He felt a warm sensation in his throat, followed by a slight relief from the pain and irritation. He sighed and leaned against his grandfather's chest, feeling comforted by his presence and warmth.

Calico Jack wrapped an arm around him and held him close. He felt a pang of guilt for not noticing his illness sooner, but he also felt a surge of love for his brave grandson. He decided to make him some tea and honey, to help him hydrate and relax. He also decided to sing him a song, to cheer him up and distract him from his discomfort. He remembered a song that his father used to sing to him when he was sick as a kitten, a song that always made him feel better.

He started humming the tune softly, then sang the words in a low voice:

"Hey there little pirate Don't you cry I'm here with you By your side

Hey there little pirate Don't you fret I'll make you well You can bet

Hey there little pirate Don't you worry I'll sing you a song Full of glory

Hey there little pirate Don't you fear I'll always love you My dear"

Kwazii listened to his grandfather's singing, feeling touched and moved by the lyrics. He recognized the song as one of his favorite pirate songs, but he never heard it sung so tenderly before. He felt a warm tear roll down his cheek, but he smiled through it.

He looked up at his grandfather's face, seeing the love and care in his eyes.

He mouthed the words "thank you" and "I love you", hoping that he could hear them.

Calico Jack smiled back at him, seeing the gratitude and affection in his expression.

He heard the words in his heart, even if he couldn't hear them in his ears.

He kissed his cheek and whispered "you're welcome" and "I love you too", hoping that he could feel them.

He then carried him to the Octopod, where he would recover.

Calico Jack helped Peso care for kwazii.

The end.