Hawks/ Keigo Takami

Keigo's POV

The bedroom was scorching hot. Maybe the thick winter blanket that was on my bed made it worse but it was still hot regardless. I was tossing and turning, drenched in sweat, thanks to a nightmare. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get myself to wake up. It's like my eyes were sealed shut. I just wanted to escape the horrible dream. My body abruptly jolted up and my eyes shot open. My chest heaved up and down as I panted. My hands rose to my face and wiped off all the sweat. I frantically looked around the room for the love of my life, Y/n. She usually sleeps next to me, sometimes on top of me. She's always there when to comfort me when I have nightmares so this was unusual. She calms me down and makes me feel better about everything. I started panicking even more when I started considering the possibility she was kidnapped. I started calling out for her and yelling her name. I practically ran downstairs and saw her sleeping on the couch. My heart stopped it's rapid beating and a wave of relief washed over me. Y/n looked so peaceful and... adorable. A small warm smile spread across my face as my mind filled with thoughts of Y/n. The couch would be too uncomfortable for both of us to sleep on right now, so I picked her up and carried her to our bedroom.

When we got to our room, I gently placed her in bed and held her close to me. My head rested in the crook of her neck as my nerves went down.

"You have no idea how fuckin much you mean to me, baby bird. How much you calm me down, how much you make me smile, how much you still make my heart skip a fuckin beat every time I see those goofy faces you make. Look at me, I've gone soft. I started caring for someone other than myself. I've changed because of you... and I gotta say, I don't mind or regret it. You're so precious, and one of a kind, and absolutely fuckin perfect. I'm so damn happy and lucky that you love me back. I can't even begin to describe how fuckin grateful I am for you. You're so warm, and kind, and sexy no matter what... and I don't want to lose that. You're my everything, kid. I'm afraid of losing you. Of someone taking you away from me. That'd break me. The one thing I need and can't live without, taken from me... that's pretty fucked up. That's why I get so protective and jealous. Because I don't want to risk losing you. Sometimes I get scared that you'll leave me. That you'll see a side of me you don't like or realize that you're too good for me. That'd absolutely crush me. That's why I woke up in the middle of the night. I had a nightmare you had been taken from me and I couldn't save or protect you. You were killed right in front of my eyes and there was nothing I could do about it. I couldn't move, breathing turned into a fuckin chore, my chest was heavy. All I wanted to do was wake up to see you by my side, asleep and curled up in my arms. Then when I finally got up and didn't see you next to me, I almost had a fuckin heart attack. I'm glad I found you before I did something stupid. I can't lose you, kid. Sometimes, I wake up crying when I dream about losing you. Hell, I cry when I'm wide awake when the thought of losing you for whatever reason crosses my mind. You're all I got. You're all I want. You're all I need. I'd give up everything if it meant you'd stay by my side and love me forever. I'd go fuckin crazy without you to slap some sense into me. To tell me to calm down and think things through. To hold me and tell me not to be so hard on myself and that everything is gonna be okay and that you'll stay by my side forever. Your voice... it soothes me so much, kid. Even if you're yelling or singing my name when I pleasure you, heh. My little song bird. My gorgeous, beautiful, kind, caring, fierce, loving, goofy, sexy, perfect baby bird... I love you so much, and I know you're asleep and may not hear a word I say, but I just need you to know that. I just need you know what you mean to me. I swear I'll start saying it more because you deserve to hear it and I just want to remind you that I love you. I love you, a thousand times over. I won't hesitate to show you how much I love you. Look at me, spilling my heart out to you and crying in your shoulder while you sleep in my arms. I don't fuckin care, I love you, baby bird. Please, don't ever leave me." I ranted to Y/n as she slept soundly in my arms. I was crying during the majority of it, which made me hold her even tighter. I nuzzled into her shoulder and let a few more tears fall. Two arms wrapped around my head and held me back, tightly. I looked up to see Y/n smiling at me as she soothingly stroked my hair. It made me feel safe, feeling her warmth and love radiating from her chubby/curvy body.

"Keigo, you're so adorable. I heard every single word you said. I want you to know, and please remember what I'm about to tell you, I love you so much, baby. You're not alone in your feelings and please don't think the opposite. I'll always be in your corner, no matter what. I'm yours for life and I'm not going anywhere. I'm yours, and you're mine. I'll be here for you just like you're here for me. And I know that I've already said it, and that I say it a lot, but I love you with every fiber of my being." My arms pulled Y/n into a bone crushing embrace as I cried even more into her shoulder. She continued to soothe me and we fell asleep in each other's loving embrace.