Tsukishima Kei

(Idk what this is tbh. I'm really just tryna make myself feel better and calm myself down and whatever. It's not my usual style, at least I don't think it is. But just bear with me.)
Tsukishima isn't your best friend, he sort of is but would never admit. You two spend quite a bit of time together. Most of the time he's picking on you, you mind it. You mind it quite a bit. But you put up with it because you enjoy his company. You also know what's wrong with him when he tries to hide his emotions and you're always there to comfort it. Tsukishima has strong feelings for you, though he never has or never will voice that to anyone. You returned his feelings of course, only your close friends knew about it.

You happily walked up to Tsukishima during lunch, holding a small, almost medium sized box in your hand. The box held his favorite dessert, strawberry shortcake.

"Hey blondie." You chirped

"What the hell do you want pipsqueak?"

"I got something for you. I made some last night and realized it was a bit too much for me and my family to finish by ourselves, believe it or not. So I thought you'd like some." That was mostly true. You actually made it for him, but you realized you'd be too afraid to give him the whole thing so you gave him a pretty big piece. An awkward smile was plastering on your face as you handed him the box. He looked at you with squinted eyes that widened when he saw what was in the box.

"Thanks..." that's all he said. After awkwardly saying you're welcome, you walked away, heading toward your friend group to tell them what happened.

Later that day, you were walking with him through the hallway. It was a somewhat normal conversation, he was still insulting you of course.

"So did you like the Strawberry Shortcake?" You questioned, hopeful that he did.

"Eh. It was alright," That was a lie. He absolutely loved it. He was just too embarrassed to say that he did. His comment hurt you because you had put so much effort into the dessert and he didn't like it. Your face showed your disappointment even though you tried to hide it. Tsukishima noticed and felt bad, he wanted to say something but didn't know what, "If you keep looking at the floor like that you'll run into a wall. It'd be pretty funny but I don't feel like listening to you whine about it." His tone was sort of cold, but he didn't mean for it to be

"Right..." you said in a small voice. Class went by pretty slow and you barely listened to the lesson. You doodled in your notebook the whole time which helped get your mind off of Tsukishima, who was a little worried about you. After class, you talked to him a bit but he didn't seem into in the conversation so you left him alone.

The next day Tsukishima was much nicer to you. It made you so elated and you felt a slight euphoria when you talked to him. You were so happy that you wrote a letter to him confessing how you felt.

Then, you sort of expected this to happen, he was an ass the next few weeks. Everytime you built up the nerve to hand it to him, he would squash your confidence with his harsher than usual insults. You eventually started avoiding him, the second week after his mean streak started. Tsukishima missed having you around and hearing your voice and enjoying all the thing you gave him. After about the fourth week, he felt horrible and was going to try to apologize to you. He saw you standing alone in the hallway, reading a note, the note you wrote for him, while crying. He felt himself freeze and was unable to approach you. You crumbled the note and wiped your eyes. Just then, one of your friends rushed up to you and hastily grabbed your hand to bring you somewhere. You dropped the note because of the sudden action and was dragged away by your friend. Tsukishima took a few steps to the spot you were in and picked up the note. He was shocked when he read it's contents. Now he felt even worse for the way he had been treating you. He knew he had to apologize and confess at this point and thought the best time to do it would be at a carnival that was being held tonight.

He texted you, asking if you'd want to go with him. Sadly, he didn't get a response. He checked his phone frequently just to see if you had at least read the message. You saw it in your notifications and meant to respond, but never got the chance to since your friends were trying to find an outfit for you for the carnival. The location of the event was pretty far away so you had no time to waste.

You and your friends had stuck together at the carnival for a while. Then you ran into Tsukishima and they left you alone with him. He was cold and distant, but was still being an ass. Then, some girls approached him and fangirled over him, which took the attention away from you. So after being brushed off, you went off and did your own thing. Tsukishima actually wanted to talk to you and was searching the area for you. He eventually found you, leaning on a railing and looking out at the large body of water, admiring the moon. He stood and gazed at you from afar, thinking about how beautiful you were. His attention was taken away from you for 15 minutes because of the annoying group girls that followed him. You contemplated a lot and during the time he was occupied and did the unthinkable.

Suddenly, he heard someone yell your name followed by a loud splash. He quickly sprung into action. He dived into the water, following your sinking body to the bottom. He gave it his all to get to you and bring you to the surface. Once he had you in his arms, he swam up to the surface and brought you to the nearby shore. He pumped your chest and performed CPR, trying his hardest to save you.

"C'mon pipsquesk," he grunted, "Wake up! Breathe!" He continued, tears flowing down his cheeks. Tsukishima held your nose and pressed his lips onto yours, "Please don't leave me. Please Y/n," He cried. All of sudden you gasped and coughed out a bit of water. You shot up and wiped your mouth, still coughing. Tsukishima tightly held you against his body and sobbed into your neck. You looked at your surroundings, confused, but hugged him back, "You idiot... why would you..." he paused, taking a deep breath, "I love you... so much. Please don't ever do that again."

"You do?" You were taken aback by his sudden confession, your heart raced even more after hearing his words.

"Yes. I love you with all my heart, and I know you feel the same, I saw the note. And I know I'm a cocky asshole and I'm all insulting you but I do love you. I just didn't know how to show it," he let out a shaky breath, "Please... stay with me. Talk to me when you're feeling like that. I'm here for you, I promise." You ran your fingers through his hair and shivered. You were still cold even though he was holding you.

"Tsukishima... can we go to my place or something? I'm cold and wet," He looked at you and muttered out 'oh yeah'. He positioned his arms under you and stood up. You didn't have the energy to protest, but you did have enough to say, "We also have a lot to talk about."

"And we'll do that once we're warm and dry."

"Or we can do it on the way."

Tsukishima carried you back to the area the carnival was being held, even though you told him you could walk. Your friends ran up to the two of you and asked a ton of questions. You answered most of their questions once all of you, including Tsukishima, were in the car. They dropped the two of you off at your house, after passing by a store for some clothes and left. You snuck him inside and the two of you changed into the dry clothes. The two of you talked about everything and eventually fell asleep in each other's embrace. Your parents surprisingly had no idea about this since they didn't check on you that night or the next day.

(A/n: honestly don't know where I was going with that last paragraph but whatever)